FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedchu chu teat tearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chu chu teat tearing
    Posted: 05 July 2010 at 5:49pm
Hi

I have been using chu chu teats when bottle feeding which are great because it means the baby gets to control the flow of milk. However, I have found that the cross cut valve in the teat starts to tear and make the opening too large within 1-2 weeks. Given each teat costs $6 this is getting way too expensive.

Has anyone else used chu chu teats and had this problem? Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong thats causing this?
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

Sponsored Links

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 9:18am

Sorry, won't be any help to you as just got first ch chu last week. But we paid $13!!! (We were desperate at the time). Where do you get yours? TIA

Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 1:30pm
A site called www.goonnappy.co.nz.
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 6:11pm
Rovic how are you gettin on with the Chu Chu teats? I am trying to decide whether to use Chu Chu or Tommee Tippie Closer to Nature ... or maybe I get one of each and see ... not that bub is even here yet to decide!
Marama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 5:31pm
same thing happened to us... it was the first teat we used (recommended by SCBU homecare nurse) and it must have split really quickly...DD would cough and splutter her way through each feed, poor thing, it took us a while to work out the teat was actually split!

it is a bugger, as they are expensive (I think we spent around $15, from breastmates)

perhaps it's worth some feedback to the manufacturer / retailer given that it doesn't seem to be a one-off?

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:53pm
I use them and I haven't had any problems at all - have had them 4 months, and my baby would have a bottle every second day.
I would go back to where you got it from.

And goonnappy are WAY cheaper than breastmates!
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:52pm

We arestill  using these on the days when DS is in care. No problems here. We don't put themin the microwave at all as using ebm so don't know if that would make a difference? Of the 4 that I've bought, only 1 has split like that and that was after solid use for a few months and going inthe microwave with formula. If you are going bottle and breast feed I would really recommend that you try these. There are a couple of girls from my coffee group that were using normal teats and their bubbas soon refused to bf.

Post Reply Post Reply