FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 802>
Author
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 9:45am
I agree - these are scary stories!

Manz - I watched that doco last night too - was very interesting and made me feel lucky indeed. Our bloods are being tested now - I wonder how long until I find out?

NikkiB - we had similar problems as you last night - we could get catnaps out of him, but that was all. Surprisingly, he went down about the same time as usual and stayed asleep - it was the evening that was the hardest. Looking forward to meeting you today
Sponsored Links

manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:26am
Good luck with your bloods Monster, wonder when we will be tested?

Hope you have a nice meet up ladies, pls do take photos!

Feel really yucky today (haven't felt good for the last few days) got the runs real bad, just want to crawl into bed

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:09pm
hey manz
i don't recall if it was te hunga ward BUT it probably was me you heard.... i had Chloe at 6.58PM with you guessed it, no pain relief. by the time i got to the hospital for the THIRD freakin time (5.15PM) i was fully dialated and therefore wasnt able to take anything so it was straight into the bath for me after sucking on a little gas. after an hour and a half of pushing my little sunshine arrived. after reading yours and neeks experience i guess i am very lucky that my water birth was very straight forward.
so where abouts in west auckland do you reside?

neeks, i bought a wetsuit type swimsuit for Chloe (keeps upper body covered to the elbows and lower body down to the knees) from T & T just last week. It was half price so only $8!!

thanks for the welcome NikkiB...nice to meet you
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:14pm
oh and manz, chloe hasn't been properly weighed since 14th dec (plunket are useless)..but after jumping on the scales with her this morning she's about 6.8kgs... how much does your little cherub weigh? i would have no idea if Chloe is heavy for 12wks but suspect she probably is... she has more rolls than a bakery
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:35pm
Asset for a comparison my girl at 12 weeks was 5.4kgs.   
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:04pm
thanks Gabeden, thought Chloe must be heavy - she certainly LOVES her milk.
BTW chloe was almost an eden...had my heart set on that name but the other half just wouldn't agree. i thought my little girl was never going to have a name for a while there!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:06pm

Ollie saw plunket this morning and then we went to get his jabs etc at the Drs.

He weighs 5.85kgs now (he was 4.25 at last weigh at 6 weeks). Jabs went well, he screamed his little hard out, but is fine now. He seemed a bit grizzly so I can him some pamol - he is in his cot now and I can hear him on the monitor coo-ing away to himself....he sounds a bit stoned!!!!

Given that in our house it never rains, it pours.....my GP has refferred us to see a paediatric surgeon as Ollie has a hydrocele in one of his testicles (basically fluid in there) and she thinks it should be checked out....and I have been referred to a neurologist as I have been getting really bad pins n needles and lower back pain which she thinks might be a trapped nerve!! Thanks goodness we have health insurance!!!

Here is a photo from yesterdays lesson, excuse the big white mummy....

I have put some more in the photo thread.

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:54pm
Happy 3mths old Ollie! Very cute photo, makes me wanna start with the lessons now. What did you do with Ollie in the lesson exactly? Great weight gain! Hope your issues are sorted out quickly.

Good luck for your blood results Monster, and hope you get your tests soon Manz.

Carys was nearly an Eden too, but my DH didn't like it either Asset. In fact Carys was meant to be so many other things, but we could never agree - in the end we opened a babyname book (when Carys was 4 days old) and blindly pointed to a name (lucky it wasn't Maude or something of similar vulgarity)!

Our girl was 5kg at 12wks Asset (6wks prem tho). I wonder what Ellen's Jessica weighed at 12wks - she must have been a similar size to Chloe!
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:57pm
I hope you feel much better soon Manz. Nothing worse than having to care for someone else when you are sick. Not looking forward to my first illness (or AF for that matter) with a baby!
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:11pm
Lol, that prob was you Asset, was about that time! We felt very very sorry for you - freaked me out, until MW said that's without pain relief! I was just lying there waiting for something to happen...DH went and got McD's for him & MW...Had epidural and then sentosinan (spelling?) and then my contractions stopped and her heart rate started fluctuating, but not enough for them to stress. MW tried to break bag with crochet hook thingy, but had already happened and she'd plugged hole with her head...Indian doctor with huge fingers (you know the one ay Peachy!) pushed her head up and there was some meconium but they still wanted to go another couple of hours to see if she would come down. I was 6cm when got there at 1pm and stopped at 8cm, stayed there for 6 hours and finally at 10pm we made the call to operate.

Mikayla is 5110g or 4970g depending on who you listen to - doc or plunket, we have had feeding issues, this is average for her age, but not for one who started so big, but doc says she perfectly healthy

SimSam those are great pics, Ollie looks like he really enjoyed himself on the flutterboard! (or whatever they're called) Poor petal, the testicle thing doesn't sound good! Nor does your back pain...they do horrid things to your body ay! I've got one more appt with the Osteo and he thinks I might be sorted after that.

Lol BabyG with how you chose Carys name! Love it!

Mikayla was named after my brother, Michael, who died in a car accident 16years ago - I've been waiting 16 years to have a girl & name her that and in that time Mikayla has become a very popular name, where I thought I was the first one to come up with it!
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:12pm
Oh yeah, Asset, I'm in Glen Eden...where abouts are you?
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:14pm
hahaha sounds like we had exactly the same problem deciding on a name babyg! took us a week before Chloe had her official name thanks to DH being incredibly difficult and stubborn. i remember sobbing at the hospital "our baby's never going to have a name" to him.
Carys is a lovely name - not common which is great and very girly.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:47pm
We had our 12 week checkup with plunket yesterday. Eva wasn't very happy, as I think she thought she was going to get jabbed again!! Pee'd all over the nurse, lol. She now weighs 5.25kg (was 3.3 at birth) and is 61cm long (51cm at birth). She is making steady gains so that's good, even though she is on the lighter size for her age (25th percentile). However she is on the 50th percentile for length. Might be long and lean like her dad!

Having some bfing issues. I think my supply is down. Eva has been fussing after each feed, like she's not getting enough milk. I drank heaps of water last night and this morning and things seem better today, so hopefully it's resolving. I keep forgetting to drink and eat enough!

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:47pm
oops, sorry for freaking you out at the hospy with my vocals manz - certainly helped me with getting chloe out though
indian with huge fingers not cool...poor you!
mikayla is a beautiful name - that's what DH wanted to call Chloe but because he wouldn't give in to Eden for her name i wasn't going to give in to mikayla... very mature i know but he was frustrating the crap out of me with his stubborness. i'm glad you had a girl though so you could name her in remembrance of your brother, he'd be chuffed i'm sure.
i'm currently in oratia but we've sold and need to be out by the 25th of this month so will be renting in titirangi from then onwards.
if you want to meet up for a coffee sometime i frequent hardware cafe almost daily!
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:54pm
Ollie sure seems happy in the water. I'm thinking that I may put water into a big storage container we have here and put it outside for Blair to have a 'swim' one day soon - especially if this heat stays around and as high as it is.

I have 2 stories to how we got Blair's name, the untrue but funny story goes....DH and I were discussing names early on and he said what about George, and I said no I like BLEEEEEAAAAAAH (making retching sounds). In all honesty it was one of those names that about 3 weeks before EDD he said what about Blair, and I commented that I had thought about the name a couple of day's earlier too. Samuel is a name that I've always said that if I were to have children and a boy and was going to bring a family name thru, then that's the name I wanted to use - and I like it. My grandfather and greatgrandfather had Samuel as a middle name, and as it turns out DH had a grandparent/greatgrandparent with the name as well. The Nathan came about as one DH really like but I wasn't totally sold on it, but realised we couldn't give our wee man the initials BS!

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:49pm
manz his name is Shui, said as in the shoe you wear, I remember his hands so clearly, they were HUGE and he gave me an internal, ouchy, I nearly jumped right off the bed!!

My m/w did warn me though, she said sorry but he has huge hands, boy was she right!!
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 4:24pm
Gross!!! Its amazing what our poor bodies have to go through to have babies!!!

The Welly catch up was great Monster and DJ are lovely! And their babies are so so cute! Sorry no photos, we did discuss it at one stage but never got around to taking one.

Love the photo SimSam!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:56pm
Funny isn't it Peachy, I have very clear memories of his hands, and had already had an epidural!! Not pleasant!

Aren't the name stories funny? MM, I did laugh about the initials BS, so many things we have to take into consideration ay! Asset, funny you nearly had the same name, they might've ended up being mixed up in the hospital!! Chloe is a very pretty name. Would definately be keen on meeting you for a coffee - where is the hardware cafe?
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:35pm
SimSam - so Ollie coped with the water fine?? I want to take Eden swimming so does DH, but I am a bit of a wuss with the cholrine and her wee lungs.

Babyg - you were very lucky with baby's name - I am sure though if you did happen to land on Gertrude or some such name you may have had another shot

Asset - how did you eventually get Chloe, which is lovely.

There seem to be a few Edens around. I didnt think it was that popular. We were out shopping one day and I turned around (literally) to see a wee girl with her hand in the pushchair rubbing Eden's head quite vigorously. Her mother said "Eden" leave the little girl!! Eden was only 6 weeks old, I think!! I was surprised to have another Eden encounter on one of our first outings.

Do you find that other people and children are drawn to what is in the push chair? We will often have Eden quite covered over and people peer in as they are walking past. It is really funny.

Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:50pm
It was definitely cool to meet up with you lovely ladies today. What gorgeous, sweet and well-behaved babies!

I think I've got thrush on one side. It's painful and unusually white. I've just noticed it this feed - are there any natural options for treatment? Can I slap some yoghurt on it?

Jabs tomorrow... can't say I'm looking forward to it, though it will be nice to find out what he weighs etc. Last time was at 7 weeks - he was 5kg.

Simsam - our doctor noticed Tala had hydrocele at the 6 week check but wasn't worried about it at all. He said that it can come and go - I wonder at what age they are concerned.

As for our name choice, we had one for each gender ready from early on in the pregnancy - Talamahina is a family name on DH's side (Niuean) though it's unisex we preferred it for a boy and had a different name for a girl (and are still saving it).

Edited by monster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 802>