FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 564565566567568 802>
Author
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 1:30pm

Interestingly we went to the Drs this morning for Olis cough, and although they took precautions in case of swine flu, (ie masks) the Dr doesnt think he has it - thinks he just has a viral cough. They do want me to go back and get a flu jab once I can confirm whether I am pregnant or not (AF due next week, so will know soon!!) They are being vigilant giving the jab to people with asthma, so will be good to get it done.

Oli seems fairly bright, just a nasty cough and a little bit of diorhea, the cough is worse at night, but he seems to be on the mend a wee bit. His ears, throat and chest were all clear, so was pleased about that, as normally he would have had a ear infection as well!

MM - how are you feeling?

Sponsored Links

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 1:34pm
Deb, I agree, I don't think I would take the tamiflu either unless the baby was at risk and it could help.

Sigh, I am on hold with the bank.... we are putting in a tender tomorrow....

ETA - that is interesting Sam. Good to hear that Oli hasn't got any ear probs etc!

Edited by DJ
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 1:54pm
DJ, that's no good! I really hope you don't get sick either.

The hospitals in Auckland now have policies to manage wine flu, whereby they're not allowing children into the maternity wards. I can appreciate they don't want to expose vulnerable babies/woman to it, but means you can't see your other kids. I think it will mean shorter hospital stays

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 1:58pm
And Eva now has another cold. Took her to DC, as I have lots to do at work but told them to call me if she was unhappy. Haven't heard anything, so she must be ok.

I'm off to the kapiti Coast tomorrow for work. Just a day visit with a colleague, so no time to catch up with you Welly mums I'm afraid.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 5:40pm
Oh gosh DJ, poor Anyssa, I hope she hasn't got it.

Stink about a cold kabe, seems to be everything is going around at the mo huh!

SS, good luck to you! I am out this month, AF arrived on Friday night for me just in time to enjoy a few rum and cokes! Well I must admit the rum and cokes were delayed till late as DH came home with a swollen face, so off to the A&E we went. Turns out he has yet another skin infection in his cheek this time! So Friday night consisted of cutting open his check, inserting a drain and then back again each day for dressing changes, so rum and cokes were definately on the menu after watching that

I have decided to go back on Weight Watchers as I have put on 10kgs over winter, what a So started on Saturday, on day 3 today and am feeling so much better for it! Played 90 mins of full on soccer yesterday, the hardest game I have ever played in my life, and then went for a run today for an hour!   I am determined to get back to 70kgs!!!

We go to Perth in 5 weeks and I need to fit one of my Summer dresses for the wedding we are going to!

MM, any news hun?? Thinking of you, so exciting!!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 5:59pm
Well, have just got back from the GP. Along with the cold, Miss E now has conjunctivitis . Got the PC from DC at 3.00 to pick her up. They hardly have any kids there at present, as everyones ill.

Peachy, that does sound nasty! Hope your DH is feeling better soon. Good luck with WW's!

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 6:09pm
I know so many kids that are sick, mainly with the flu or chicken pox! CP are rife out our way at the moment!!

Yucky conjunctivitis, how annoying for Eva, its such an annoying thing to get!

It seems that whenever DH does long hours (last week he worked till after 10:30pm every night) he gets some kind of rundown type sickness eg: these skin infections    He is so looking forward to going to Perth for a break!

He is also taking next Friday off too as we are going skiing for the weekend. Cheap as chips for us as we have a friend with a house down at Oakune! I am going on Wednesday with my friend and her 2 girls, DH is coming down on Thursday after work! Laurens first time at the snow!!
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 7:55pm
Ooh, skiing - how exciting Peachy! I bet Lauren will love that.    Good luck with WW. Your poor DH - I hope he manages to get some proper down-time in Perth.

DJ - poor Anyssa! I hope she gets well soon and that you manage to avoid getting sick too. It's a shame you can't meet up this week.

Kabe - I hope Eva gets well soon. Conjunctivits must be so unpleasant for her.

SS - poor Oli, hope he gets better quickly. Great that his ears are still okay though. Fingers crossed for some good news for you this month.

Thinking of you MM - hope all is well and you're not getting too uncomfy.

It was busy down at playcentre today - lots of new people this term. Quite a few are pregnant with their second bubbas, and two of them are pregnant with twins!   I hope it's not catching!
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 7:59pm
Yup still here! Poor DH gets concerned/excited whenever stop what I'm doing to handle some pain, but it's just the same old stuff I've been having for the last week or so - just a couple of niggles and then it stops. Apart from that I'm feeling fat, tired, uncomfy and a little sore - and very sorry for myself

The nice news is that FIL's surgery went well, and as soon as he gets a certain % of movement back into the joint he can go home.

*Big Hugs* to all the sick babes out there.

Peachy a day in the snow sounds like fun! Your poor DH.

Sam are we crossing our fingers for you???

Deb I think that I'm a little bit smaller than last time. I'm still wearing my belt with my jeans (under the bump) but it may be because I was smaller to start out, or because I'm carrying differently. Blair was 9lb 2oz, which surprised a few people, cos they thought he was going to be smaller

Blair has been so cute today, he had become more attatched to his puppy. Its one that when you touch certain body parts and it says what it is, or it's colour, or sings a wee song. Anyway, Blair often tries to put puppy to bed on either the couch, or a box - including a pillow and a blanket, and the other day was trying to put a nappy on him. This evening (having fish and chips for dinner) he decided that puppy needed to share and went and got him and sat him in his chair instead.

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 8:21pm

Its kind of funny (the TTC thing)...DH and I are going away for an Oli free weekend in Sept, and have got lots of nice plans for drinking nice wine, eating nice food etc...but I keep having this niggling thought that I am *bound* to get pregnant now with all that planned!!!! Still will wait another week or so to test, then we will know for this month. Then we might be a bit more careful next month, just so that we enjoy our little weekend away without worrying IYKWIM!

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 9:17pm
lol SS!

Maybe a boozy weekend away might get ya preggers if your not UTD by then

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 9:25pm

It would be typical wouldnt it!!!

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 10:12pm
Sorry so much sickies in here. Thats awkward with swine fle and being preggy DJ - I'm sure your immune system is nice and high right now and you will fly through without catching it. Does Es conjunctivitis mean you couldn't go away for work tomorrow Kabe? Hope you have good backup support?

Ooo, countdown to Perth Peachy - how exciting!

I'm not going to say anything MM

Carys is lovely right now - it would be such a good time to ttc again. I'm sure in a few mths time when we are ready to she will have turned into a monster again and I won't want another one
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 10:19pm
I'm just starting to plan a trip to Oz again too Peachy. Hoping to go see my sis and family in September, just trying to figure out the best timing with work on the house and school hols etc. I'm sure I'll be coming through Akld again as DHs cousins wedding will be at that time too so will try to do it all in one, getting exciting.
Ev, Mum to:
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 10:28pm
Loving all the pics girls! Sal - I think E and T are quite different. I think T looked like DH from the start whereas I could see both of you in Es early photo. They certainly do both have your lovely lips though

Deb you look gorgeous, and your SMs aren't obvious at all. I'm picking you'll just have a 9lber again this time
Ev, Mum to:
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 10:28am
Oh poor Eva. Everyone seems to be sick at the moment. That time of year i guess.

Kaelen still has his horrible cough and runny nose. I've decided not to take him to the doctors as there's not really much point. They'll most likely just say to keep doing what i already have been. Not keen on going somewhere where there's lots of sick people too.

I have a MW appointment tomorrow, I'm sure I'm well enough to go there now. Kaelen's going to my mums while I'm there.

peachy a weekend away skiing sounds like such fun. I'm jealous.

Thanks babyg. My stretch marks are obvious in person. lol. The photo just disguises them. It was pretty hard to avoid them when i got so huge with Kaelen. In the end i was measuring 4 sometimes 5 weeks ahead.
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 12:37pm
Oh poor wee Eva! hope her eyes clear up fast.

I'm not convinced that A has flu - she isn't that sick today (eg jumping on the tramp and laughing this morning), but the fever is unusual for her and the cough came on before the snot, which the nurse said they are seeing in kids with swine flu. The test might be how sick I get with it considering that A sneezed right in my face I'd say it's just a question of when!

Deb, I'm avoiding the dr waiting room for the same reasons.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 1:03pm

Interstingly thats one of the reasons I was reluctant to take Oli to the Drs last week too.....he sucks on the toys and I just didnt want to take the risk that he caught something worse. But they have taken out the toys and the magazines, so there is basically nothing in the waiting room now apart from a fish tank and the chairs...obviously makes sense to me, so glad to see that they had done it. I would imagine a lot of surgeries are doing it too.

Hope Misses A & E are feeling better today. We took Oli back to swimming this morning as his cough seems to have almost gone...he loved it...it was a lot of fun!

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 1:45pm
Eeeeeeeek after a bit of haggling we have a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So exciting - can't move until 3 weeks before due date, but we will have a bedroom for the bubba (and one for my mother to come and help!)
OMG so grown up to have a "family" home - 4bed, 2 living, flash kitchen, WIR, ensuite, dble garage, drive on, flat lawn!!!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 1:52pm
Yay DJ, sounds awesome!!!

We had playcentre this morning and had a great time! I have started course 1 and have already done a good chunk of it! I am learning so much stuff that I have never really given a lot of thought to before. Very simple, yet some things I would never have thought of regarding young children!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 564565566567568 802>