FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 802>
Author
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 10:08pm
Happy due date MM! I hope you don't have much longer to wait - as long as he turns around first though!
Sponsored Links

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 3:07pm
Has bubs turned yet MM?

We were at Special Care on Thursday, while J was having another cold/flu vaccination. It was so nice seeing some of our favourite nurses again. They were all pleasantly surprised that we haven't ended up back in hospital yet. They all expected that with the winter months and all the illnesses going around, that J wouldn't have been back.....I must be doing something right Fingers crossed we remain in good health!

J is now 5.81kgs and 59cms long...still little for his corrected age, but at least he's growing

It's such a beautiful day here today....I should really be out in it, while both boys are asleep.
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 7:13pm

How are you feeling MM? I have been thinking about you today wondering how you are getting on!

Hope that everyone got to enjoy some of the sunshine today! I took Oli to the zoo for a quick visit this morning (we have a pass - so easy to go for a quick visit!) - it was starting to get really busy when we left, but it was such a nice day I guess it was understandable!

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 9:09pm
It feels like the cold is slowly going away, another rough night between the bladder and Blair , luckily the ILs went shopping and saw DH so they came and picked up Blair and took him for the afternoon. Just before I went to have a rest I realised that I had hardly felt bubs move, he moved a couple of times and then I had a good 2 hour sleep. I ended up ringing our backup MW about 6 as despite moving and proding and a good cold drink I still hadn't felt more than half a dozen movements. We ended up getting monitored at the birth centre where he had some good movements so were sent on our way. The good news was that she could feel his back, so it looks like he must be turning

The other cool thing was, as we were heading back to the car another guy was running out to his from a birthing room, DH asked if it was all action stations and he said nope, we've just had a baby girl! I think DH was a tad jealous that their baby had turned up.

Nikki it's great to hear that Jacob has gained weight

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 9:22pm
Hi ladies.

babyg that's great news about your friend. I bet she's so relieved she finally got her scan. Must have being a very frustrating wait.

Happy Due Date for yesterday MM. Those last 6 weeks seemed to fly past. I bet it didn't seem like that for you though. lol.

Nikki it sounds like Jacob is doing great. Must be because of his wonderful mummy.

Well I'm slowly getting better. Still got the annoying cough hanging around and a blocked nose. I'm feeling a lot better though. Kaelen is sick now though and coughing lots. Poor little monkey.

I'm so uncomfortable at the moment, i think the baby has had a big growth spurt lately. My belly feels so stretched and achy. I hurt my pelvis and back again yesterday too. Kaelen escaped and i went to run after him and went to step down the couple of steps leading down into our lounge (he escaped out the sliding door off the lounge) and i tripped and stepped down them really hard. I felt the jolt in my lower back & pelvis. They're so sore now. Made my SPD way worse.

This baby is so active, she kicks all over the place constantly. It's amusing watching my belly move. I can feel parts of her too, she squirms under my hand. lol.

I'll be brave and show a bare belly pic. You can't see my millions of stretch marks in this pic. lol.

22 weeks.

and covered.

I can't believe I'm 22 weeks already. This pregnancy is flying by.
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:33am
Wowee DebandKaelen - great belly shot, thanks for sharing.

NIKKIB - Well done on J growth, what a cleaver boy!!!

MM - Been checking OB every day in case you've posted some news! I'm sending loads of vibes that baby turns....Ella was a posterior birth - they arn't much fun......TURN BABY TURN!!!

All good here, life is very busy but Toby is growing well.....looking forward to plunket this wk. He had his 6wk jabs last wed, I was brave and went on my own! He weighed (with his clothes on 4.9kg....up 400g since the week before)....can't wait for plunket to check his length+head etc.

Ella loves her beads:

Edited by Salifer
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:37am
Hope these photos arn't too big for you guys to upload and view?

Edited by Salifer
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:03am
Hehe thanks Salifer.

Cute pics of both Ella and Toby. They look so much alike.
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:37am
Yes they are quite similar, below is a baby photo of Ella put side by side with one of Tobys, and they look very much alike!!!

Edited by Salifer
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 1:41pm
They have the same shaped mouths Salifer! Lovely pics of your two wee ones. Didn't remember Ella having such dark hair when she was a baby!

Wow, that's a good size bump you have their Deb! When's your due date?

Can't be long for MM now. Hopefully we'll hear some news soon..

Had a really busy day out yesterday, so having a quieter day today. I can still hear Eva chattering to herself in bed, and hope she falls asleep soon.

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 7:37pm
Can't be much longer MM! Hope your wee man has fully turned around now- I guess there isn't much room in there for him now!

Lovely Belly Deb. It must be nice to look preg for longer with your pregnancies. I can still get away with not looking preg at all if I wear something that doesn't make it obvious!

Toby is soo gorgy Sal! He certainly has Ella's beautiful rose bid lips.

Yes Sam, we had a whole weekend of sun -it was so fantastic.

Don't want to jinx it by saying too much, but the big bed transition has gone very well indeed (so far!)
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:18pm
kabe my due date is 28th November. It doesn't seem like far away at all. It's going so much faster than my pregnancy with Kaelen. Probably because i have him to run around after.

Thanks DJ. Yeah i enjoy having a big belly. Although it does get pretty uncomfortable at times. I was big with Kaelen too, well he was a big baby. I'm guessing this one will be a similar size.

Wow Toby really does look just like Ella. They have the same features.
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:33pm
Great pics Sal,

It's interesting Deb, both my MW and BUMW think that I'm smaller this time around, yet my DH thinks I'm bigger.   I've gained a little bit more from my booking visits, but my booking visit with Blair I was 11 weeks, with this little guy I was nearly 7 weeks, yet I think I've gained nearly 1.5 kgs more. (that doesn't include the re-gain of the weight lost being sick)

DJ fingers crossed that the transition continues to go well

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:01pm
Do you think you're bigger this time? What size was Blair?

I'm definitely bigger this time and my belly has grown heaps lately. It'll be interesting to see if this baby is bigger than Kaelen, especially since she's a girl.

I put on 20kg with Kaelen. lol. I had a lot of fluid retention towards the end though which was part of the weight gain. I didn't realize how much of the puffiness in my face and everywhere was from that, because within a few days of giving birth to Kaelen i looked totally different, normal again. lol.
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 12:35pm
Salifer - they do look alike don't they? What cuties.

DJ - great to hear Anyssa's happy in her big bed.   It must feel good to know she's settled for when her little sister comes along.

Nik - Jacob is growing so well! I'm looking forward to meeting him on Thursday.

We're off to playcentre soon - yay.

ETA: Fantastic bump pics Deb!

Edited by monster
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 12:42pm
Sorry Monster and Nik - no catch up for us this week - Anyssa has suspected swine flu guess it was only a matter of time. She vomited last night, and has a runny nose and a cough, and a fever today. She isn't very unwell though (still asking to go to the park....). I guess we will be housebound this week (at least I can wear track pants) You guys feel free to catch up without us - we may never all be well at the same time

Still here MM?

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 12:50pm
Poor Anyssa DJ - have they confirmed its swine flu yet?

KABE - Ella + Toby both had dark hair born, then what didn't fall out, lightened up and the new hair that grew was blonde (and Toby's new groth is also blonde).......I was sure we'd end up with 2 x gingers!!! DH is a ginger (well more strawberry blonde when he was a kid)...but I was blonde till I was 10.....I think genetics is soooooo fascinating......a real melting pot when you have kids heh!

DEB - do you think you'll have a baby over 10lbs this time?

MM - how are you today? Update please!!!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 12:57pm
Thanks monster.

Aww no poor Anyssa. Kaelen is sick at the moment too. I hate hearing him cough, it's awful. I think i'll take him to the doctors just to be safe. He's just how i was though and I'm heaps better. So i'm hoping he'll be better soon.

Salifer i won't be surprised if i do. I'm not worried though, i'm sure she won't do anymore damage than Kaelen did.

One of my sisters had a 10lb 5oz boy, she was only 19 when she had him. It was a horrible labour which ended in an even worse emergency c-section. He was her first and only baby so far.
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 1:04pm
Sal - no, I don't think they are testing anymore. I talked to the nurse at the med centre and she said given the symptoms it sounds like it could be, and just to give A pamol and plenty of fluid. Since A isn't really that sick (at least today) I am honestly a bit more worried about me and the baby. The nurse said I could have tamiflu if I become symptomatic.
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 1:13pm
DJ the whole swine flu thing and pregnancy is a bit worrying and confusing isn't it. I haven't been to the doctors, I just took panadol when i was at my worst and tried to keep my fluid levels up. I've been doing the same with Kaelen. I really wouldn't want to take tamiflu. They can't really say if it's safe or not for pregnant woman, just that it SEEMS to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 802>