FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEgg Donors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egg Donors
    Posted: 11 October 2007 at 2:07pm
Having been asked the question by lots of people of why i'm doing this, I thought i may start a topic to see if there are any people that have donated who would like to share their experiences?

Or women that are considering doing this and want to know anything about it all?

I'm just going through the process myself, having just started on the burselin injections and would love to share experiences with others!

J xx
Sponsored Links

MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 2:16pm
i am hoping to become a donor next year, once i have finished breastfeeding i will start the process. have heard scary things about the moods, and the egg collection process but i am brave.... sortof..... and still want to do it.

more important, dh has heard the stories about the moods, and still is happy for me to do it!
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 2:21pm
I'm really disappointed about the mood swings to be honest!!   I was really looking forward to ripping some people's heads off and having the hormones as an excuse but nothing!!!   

I've felt quite giggley most of the time and positive, although maybe that's because i really wanted to do this and am glad to have started it all?    I have had a few occasions of feeling like i'm going to cry (i never cry!) whilst watching something silly and a little tired, but that's about it!

And that's coming from a redhead who's temper is questionable sometimes, LOL!
ItchyFeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItchyFeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 8:03pm
Can I butt in and ask if it's for people you know, or anonymous gifting? Just curious really. We considered it for DH as well but didn't investigate it in enough time for his vasectomy, so missed the opportunity. (not egg donation for DH obviously!)

Edited by ItchyFeet
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 8:42pm
I would love to know how you guys get on with this too, am unsure as have not talked with mike about it but feel that it would be a great gift to give to others.. (lol.. and well.. somehow some of my genes have managed to create some gorgeous chickas!..just kidding, that's not a real reason) I see the adverts in the treasures mags and am always drawn to them.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:03am
I didn't know the couple I'm donating to but have now met them and the woman and I get on so well that when we get on the phone we natter for ages!!    (so unlike me, honest! )

I think it depends on you and the couple as to how you want to do things really, but I believe alot are anonymous.   Talking to this couple, they were open to have the donor keep in contact if they wanted to.    I wasn't sure whether i did want to keep in contact, other than for them to know that they can contact me anytime if they have any queries (things like medical history or if the child wants to know things).

This couple have decided to tell the child when it gets to an age it'll understand (around 4 I believe) and the clinic have given them books to explain.

I find it nice that we get on and can chat about all sorts, especially as she's on the same pill and injections as me.

Edited by Rustie1
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:45pm
I'd really like to look in to this at some point.

I've contacted a few agencies and they are keen to have me take things further, but at this point i'm just not entirely sure I'm finished having my own babies.
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 1:07pm
I believe they like you to be up to 35 years old but can take older.   35 is the age when eggs generally start reducing in quality (or going 'off' as i told my daughter!).
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 1:28pm
Hmmm, in that case I'd best get my a into g!!

I'm 33.
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 3:01pm
Yes!!    Either get making those babies or donating those eggs!!! LOL
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 3:08pm
Although, on the fertility associates website it says 'If you are interested in being an egg donor you need to be aged between 21- 37 years, preferably have completed your own family, be a non-smoker and have no significant health issues'

So, you have a little while left to do it.
mum2matte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2matte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 9:18pm
Hi everyone

Well we awaiting the arrival of our second child concieved using sperm donor and the topic of egg donation has been at the forefront of my mind the whole time we have been having treatment. Our daughter is due in January and we have decided that if i can help anyone in a similar situation to us then we want to. I am terrified at the thought of the whole process but know the joy that something like donation eggs can bring to other couples. For men donation is really easy and unfortunately for women it gets a lot more complicated which is why they tend to be very short on egg donors. Really sorry if it sounds like i am rabbiting on but it is something i feel really strongly about my sister is considering donating too. Well i guess for me theres not much more to say at this point, except if anyone wants to talk or ask questions i am more than happy to be emailed etc.
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 10:03am
Good for you mum2matte and congratulations on your expected daughter!

Can i ask why you are terrified of the process?    I have to say, from my experiences, that the donor part isn't too bad at all.    And even though i haven't had the removal part yet, i'm sure it can't be anywhere near as 'bad' as the pregnant/giving birth parts!   
mum2matte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2matte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 12:58pm
My biggest fear is of needles which is stupid since i been prodded with them for so long now. I guess its just a mental thing and i'll get over it as i go along - really stupid thing to be worried about really, but i refuse to let this fear beat the desire to do this.
ItchyFeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItchyFeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 10:12pm
I too am terrified of needles and there's a great quote about phobias which I use to give me courage. "Fear makes the wolf appear larger than he really is".
Rustie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 8:57am
It isn't a stupid thing to be worried about at all!    It was the part that i was worried about too, especially going into the tummy but it doesn't hurt and now i'm so used to it i really don't know what i'm going to do when i finish this!

Someone i know who was on ivf, got really worried about it all and worked herself up into a bit of a state and then when she got the courage to do it she felt really silly, exactly as you say ItchyFeet, that wolf was the size of a house for her, but non-existent afterwards!
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 9:08am
How did you meet your IPs? Did you meet them before starting the process or the other way round?

This is something that I really want to do. Have looked into it a few times, just haven't taken that first step.
Anna

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 8:33pm

Bump for flowertots5.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
flowertots5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowertots5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 8:37pm
THANKYOU
Wow ok, so much I want to know. How long does the whole process take? Did you have to have lots of tests? Do you chose who gets your eggs?
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:15pm
thanks for bumping this up!!    i never knew this thread was started.
i've been thining alot about donating eggs lately....we've been lucky enough to have 2 beautiful kids really easily (1st night TTC both times!) despite having endo and PCOS. i'd love to help someone experience the joy of parenthood.
i don't really know anything about the whole process or even where to start!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>