FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 246>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 7:55pm

Jimmy's heart rate was always high too - so fingers crossed for a boy lilfatty .

Hi Bobbie! Tea and cake sounds like me - not too much hassle. Think we'll do something similar. Hey is your DH doing his SI trip for work soon? Did you manage to convince him you and Rowan should tag along?

Sally, according to the Farex teething rusks packet, which has a diagram about teething stages, the next teeth *should* be the next top middle two, then the next bottom middle two and *usually* all 4 bottom and 4 top middle teeth appear between 6-12months. Geez, Jimmy is WAY behind! - one tooth is finally on its way but still not that visible yet.

Between 12-18 months they get top molars and bottom molars.

Between 18-24 months top and bottom eye teeth.

Between 24-30 months the top and bottom molars closest to wisdom teeth.

Put that way, the possibility of sleepless nights seems endless .

Speaking of teeth, DH has a wicked tooth ache (has dental appt tomorrow) ... has anyone tried chewing on a clove and then pasting it on your gum for toothache? Did it work for you?

Sponsored Links

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 8:15pm
I've tried that but it didn't work. Get him to take some neurophen

The trip got cancelled but it was going to be DH and his boss anyway - I'm still working on us going Sth at some point though as I've never been to the west coast. I will definitely come say hi when we do.

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 8:30pm
Thanks for the teeth info Anna. I hadn't thought to look on the rusk packet. Liam's been super dribbly the last couple of days so I wondered if some more were on their way.

I haven't tried the clove thing but if the pains bad enough it's worth a go I'm sure. Either that or a couple of nurofen
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 9:03pm
Had a lovely cup day lunch today! Had a Pimms and a few bubblys and all the bubs were so good and had afternoon naps so we finally finished at 4pm.

DH is feeling unwell so both him and Mac have been in bed since 6 so its a very quiet house hold here tonight. I am rather bored.

Have written my to do lsts for the rest of the week though as we have the Plunket 1st Birthday party here on Sunday. Am so excited. Made the loot bags etc last night while DH was out and sorted out the balloons and streamers and stuff. I love parties so much....this is the first of 3 that I am having this month at my house....well it will actually be 4 if you include mine as well.

Good to see you back in here Bobbie. You have been rather quiet in the Dec thread though I do admit to keeping up with the gossip in the Jan/Feb thread.

Have been nosing at mycycle website and according to that I will ovulate around the 26th of Dec so am guessing that is our TTC start date and perfect timing really as can still have a wine at xmas and new year....note I did say a wine not a bottle

kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 9:05pm

Would be awesome to meet you guys sometime Bobbie .

DH has taken some codeine now, has taken the edge off the pain.

kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 9:09pm

oooo love your new ticker Peanut .

26 Dec sounds like the perfect time to TTC. Do you keep track of when you ovulate and is it always at the same time each month? I haven't tried using those OPthingees before but I'm wondering if perhaps I should.  Might go try to work out when our Dec TTC date will be...

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 9:53pm
Yeah that is a good idea to check to see when we ov - officially we start TTC in Jan but the end of Dec would be just as good.

Yeah I've been pretty bad at posting lately. I have been lurking but by the time I get done reading threads I end up booted off the computer by my Dad wanting it. Luckily they moved up north today so I have my house back now - Yay!

But I have been lurking here rest assured.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 10:22am
Hey Bobbie , nice to "see" you & glad you have got your house back. I'm sure it was great to see your Dad but having your own space is good too .

I know what you all mean about lurking & not posting. Liam really takes up a lot of my time now that he's mobile & there's always something that needs doing. I was at the supermarket by 8 this morning so how's that for organised! . There were hardly any other shoppers but the main prob was the staff. There were tonnes of them restocking the shelves.

I'm off to the mall later today to check out party supplies. I can't wait either. Peanut, it sounds as if you'll be busy partying this month. Sounds like so much fun. Have you decided on a cake yet? And did you change themes in the end?
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 3:34pm
i use mycycle.com and its really good. Its not hard out pregnancy related. When I first went on I added in all my Af's from my first one so think i did about 6 months worth and now its shows a prediction of ov....although not overly helpful for me as my cycle varies between 21 and 45 days

Anna, thanks about my new ticker. Felt like a change but prob should have waited unitl his birthday as have to change it then again. I don't temp or anything like that to work out ov. I just let the computer do it for me. I really recommend mycycle.com

Bobbie, yah about havng your house back!

Sally, well done on an 8 am shop! I just love this time of year. I am doing his cake the same as his invite which is just like a stick figure of a wee boy with spike. You can get the invites from whitcoulls but i got them wholesale so much cheaper. My theme is just blue. i can't remember what it was going to be

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 3:48pm
Love the new ticker Peanut - gosh doesn't Mac look so grown up?!

Cool piccies Floss, sorry to hear about the tummy bug though

Well obviously Jack got his teeth thing all wrong, he got the bottom two, then two next to his top middle two, then the middle top, then the two next to the bottom two. Now he's getting the ones further out (all four at once )
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 5:28pm

DH had his tooth pulled out this afternoon and is feeling much better, phew. He said at the rate he's going he'll have to start collecting Jimmy's baby teeth when they fall out to use as replacements . This is his second adult tooth that has had to be removed ever and he's 36. He tried using a bit of bonjela last night and said it helped a wee bit. Ironic really, he's now probably used more bonjella than Jimmy .

Worked out our Dec TTC date would be 28 Dec, so similar to you Peanut. Being able to have some wine over Xmas/New Years sounds like a good plan . I hope we get pregnant sometime between Dec and March as for some reason the idea of an age gap greater than two years scares me.

Have been home looking after both my boys again today. I gave Jimmy a banana box to practice pulling up on. He spent ages kneeling there and seemed to enjoy it. A few times now he's gone up on all fours *properly* so perhaps he might try out *normal* crawling soon?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:03am
Morning girls

Peanut, you mentioned having a monkey theme at one stage I think. Blue will be nice & easy though. How many days before the party will you make the cake? I was thinking the day before...

Hope Jack's not been too unhappy with all his new teeth. How many does he have now Emz? Liam still has 4. He won't really let us see if there's anymore coming & if you put your finger into his mouth he bites down on it .

He he at DH using Jimmy's bonjela Anna. Whatever works I say.

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm ready to start trying in Dec. Some days I feel like I am & then others I'm not so sure. Just checked out mycyle.com & my predicted ov date is 28 Dec too. I'm really keen to have a wine or two at Christmas so that date could work . Time will tell.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 1:54pm
Haha Sal ... I chopped and changed as to whether I was ready ... then it was too late and my mind was made up for me
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:20pm
And if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about being pregnant now LF? No qualms/regrets I'm presuming . #2 is proving to be more of a "problem" than #1 was for me!

Edited by sally belly
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:26pm
I know what you mean Sally. Some days (like today) I'm convinced Rowan should just be an only child

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:27pm
Firstly ecstatic!

Although surprised and shocked (as I hadnt noticed Id skipped a couple of AF) ..

Then worried about how the hell Im going to afford to take time off for number two ..

Then back to ecstatic .. lol

(I tend to think everything will work out otherwise I wouldnt have been gifted number two)
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:34pm
I'm probably quite laid back about it all, as in I want one now now now lol. I figure what the heck, we're going to have another one someday, might as well get them out of the way But yeah if you're not ready, no harm in waiting too.

Jack still just has the 8 teeth, he's been teething for these next 4 (2 look super close to popping through though) for about 2 months so far. I've had moments where I've decided to close up shop 'down there' cos I didn't want to have to go through teething again Hopefully next time the baby won't start teething at 8 weeks though. What sucks is that Jack is the most perfect child when he's not teething, but on average he's teething about 3 out of 4 weeks over his whole life so far

Oooo just went to the cardholders day at farmers. We got Jack's tuxedo for my sister's wedding (he's a ring bearer, so hopefully he'll be walking by then lol - it's in March) and it was only $27.50! Even better that I don't have to pay for it, but still my sis got both boys' suits for $60. Plus I have to go back tonight to get some Elle MacPherson bras I just HAVE to!

Anna, glad your DH is feeling better minus the tooth. Best to get them out and caught in time I reckon. Lol about him stealing Jimmy's teeth, maybe he'll have to buy them off the tooth fairy for a mark up?
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:24pm

That tux sounds like a score Emz . Can't wait to see photos - Jack will be the cutest little ring bearer. And yay for new bras.

lol Lilfatty at not realising you'd skipped AF . I try to keep track of mine and last month took a test thinking I was late, but took the test the day before AF was due -duh. I'm always reading way too much into things - like today (sorry TMI) got a shock when I noticed a bit of spotting as not expecting AF until Sunday. So now I'm wondering, is this what implantation bleeding looks like??

Lilfatty, do you plan to send SD off to work for a while after you've given birth? Just wondering as I'm the breadwinner in our household too, and I'd love to stay home for 8 months again second time round. But I have no idea how we'd manage financially.

Jimmy tried to eat an earthworm tonight. He was out in the garden with me, sitting watching me weed around the feijoa trees and I found a really big worm so gave it to him. Before I could blink he had most of it in his mouth . I had to eat a worm a couple of years ago at the Wild Foods festival *shudders*. I was working on a friends stall and one of the customers bought me a worm shot (one worm in a shot of moonshine). There were heaps of other people waiting to be served, so I couldn't really say "No way!". So I drank it  . I really can't believe what people eat at the Festival - its great fun working on the stalls and watching their reactions. We only ever eat the nice things - like waffles with blackberries and cream.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:05am
Hey there,

Sally, cute new avatar! Only just noticed it. Will make the cake the night before, although I made a number 1 cake for a lady from plunket coffee group and we did that on the morning off the party and it wasn't too stressful.

I chop and change too with TTC but seeing that my Ov date is later in Dec makes me feel better. I do wonder how I will cope with two but others manage so I must be able to. I figure all the major changes to our life have happened so won't be quite so full on this time.

Anna, Mac had a fly in his mouth the other day. They will eat anything! I have never been to the wildfoods but everyone raves about it although I did hear that it had started getting a bit drunken teenage like for a while.

Emz, hope you got some bras. I went and got Mac a couple of new clothing items...was looking for me but couldn't find anything I liked.

A quiet day round our house today and as its Show Day I don't have to go to work. Dh is out chopping down some trees and me and Mac have colds still so thought we would just hang round home.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:21am
My cycles seem to be a bit up the wop since having Liam. I have been going anywhere from 29 days to 37 days (according to mycycle) so I never really know if I'm late or not either... My predicted ov date is actually 25 Dec as I've just entered in my last period. Hmmm.

You're so right Peanut - others manage with more than 1 child so we will too. I'm already tired so maybe I just need to get on with it.

at the babies eating bugs. Liam hasn't eaten any yet, well not that I've noticed at least .

It must make things a little more challenging (not sure that's the right word ) for those of you that are the breadwinners, second time round. What did your DH used to do Anna? Is it possible to start saving a little bit of $$ now?

We definitely want to see pics of Jack in his tux at the wedding. Sounds so cute. I hope he's walking for you by then.

Anna, let us know how you get on with AF not arriving or arriving. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Have a great day off peanut & I hope you & Mac get over your colds soon. I have one too.

Better do some work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 246>