FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBD not so easy - this is overshare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:49am
i'm having probs reading your post andi c......is the end of each line cut off by the banner on the side of the page for everyone or just me?

i think i have the jist of it anyway....i've pm'd you about this

Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:51am
who are you specifically talking to?:) if there are big pics it normally cuts off the end of a line for me but not in this thread.
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:02am
i was talking to everyone about the banners but andi c about the pm

it's not over-hanging now on that i've come back to this thread....weird!   i'll go re-read the first post now

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:03am
cut off a little bit for me...

As for being 'uncut' and the problems you are facing - I don't think the 'uncut' is the causing his problem - he may need a snip to stretch the foreskin as it seems like it has grown over too much.. little boys can get this happening and normally get taught to pull it back to stretch it - obviuosly this did not happen when your DH was younger so now it is permanently like it.

I am sure someone has pointed this out before. It maybe a little bit of pain at first for your hubby to get his foreskin cut BUT in the long run your sex life will benefit and there for your family will be easier to gain

Now for you its finding a way to discuss this with your DH without saying 'I was talking to the girls about your problem' LOL
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:04am
Yeah I have always heard that sensitivity is less when circumcised. I'm not sure about the stretching thing, do you mean pulling it back to clean? Cos if so that actually isn't necessary and in some cases the foreskin cannot be pulled back and thats perfectly normal. Does it hurt for him to have sex? I'm assuming not as he can masturbate but if so there may be a medical problem.
DH isn't cut and I justed asked him about stretching and he had no idea what I was going on about. We have never had the problems you are describing.
As for getting pg you could lay with your legs up the wall for 10mins after that should help the little sperms on their way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:12am
Originally posted by AnnC AnnC wrote:

As for being 'uncut' and the problems you are facing - I don't think the 'uncut' is the causing his problem - he may need a snip to stretch the foreskin as it seems like it has grown over too much

that's what i've suggested ann....my DH had this done last year as it was causing him pain and he's alot better now. still hurts sometimes but no where near as often.

andi, i hope you and DH are able to talk about this openly and get something sorted so you both feel better about the situation

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:12am
It's cut off for me too Vanessa.

My Dr told me the same as the others r.e. circumcision. Men who are cut often lose sensitivity, rather than men who are intact.
Is your hubby sore because he didn't draw his foreskin back as a child? Like does it hurt for him to move it back now? Maybe the movement of having sex is making it uncomfortable for him?
If that's the case maybe he needs to see a Dr about it.
Sorry if I'm on completely the wrong track here! Just throwing out ideas that sprang to mind

I think the pillow idea is a good one, apparently doing pelvic floor exercises with the cum in you is a good way to draw the sperm up as well. (just make sure you're pulling up not pushing out)

Good luck with your TTC Andi!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

The_Stuarts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Stuarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:20am
Having an O produces more liquid which makes it easier for the sperm to travel but it's not essential. If you're worried about this maybe you could.... ah.... um.... go manual yourself after the event (while you're lying with you hips on a cushion and your feet in the air).

The other thing, which you are probably already doing is, if you can't/don't BD very often just try and concentrate your efforts to the few days a month when you're most likely to concieve and rest up the rest of the time.

Finally I asked my DH (hope you don't mind) and he suggested you talk to your DH about whether he's having fears about becoming a dad that could be putting him off.
Andi_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andi_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:11pm
Thank you so much everyone for you responses. I think we may be onto something with his forskin being too tight, his head has never every popped out (which I hear is usual). His head (what we can get access to lol) is very very sensitive. And he is really really freaked about the idea of stretching the skin back because it does hurt. It does get a little tender during sex too so I think I will talk to him about going and seeing the Doc. He wont mind at all if I say I was "chatting to the girls", especially if I follow it up with "and they spoke to the DH's" and so forth. I feel so much better about this now and now that someone elses has suggested I put my legs up in the air after being on top I wont feel so silly for doing a headstand the first time *grin*

Your all wonderful and your help and support is greatly appreciated.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:15pm
Sorry to thread jack but whats this about stretching it? When do you need to teach the boys to do it? I thought we weren't suppose to pull the skin back to clean it. I'm so confused, Ben has been cut so is not much help.

Andi C I think maybe should mention it to your dr because like everyone has said I'm sure something can be done. You on top will still work to make a baby just jump off straight away and lie on your back with a pillow under your pelvis (I think someone has already said this)
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Andi_C Andi_C wrote:

I feel so much better about this now and now that someone elses has suggested I put my legs up in the air after being on top I wont feel so silly for doing a headstand the first time *grin*

Your all wonderful and your help and support is greatly appreciated.

lol, i had my legs up the wall when i concieved one of my daughters after trying for ages! lol.... all the best
The_Stuarts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Stuarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:20pm
That's prob how Michaela was concieved too. The minute DH said let's try I got impatient for a baby and did everything possible to hurry the process along. Plus lying in bed for 1/2 hour afterwards is not a bad way to spend post BD time (even if you do have your legs in the air).
Andi_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andi_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:29pm
I have this wonderful image of spy camera's looking into the bedrooms of women ttc and just seeing us all laying on the bed with our legs up the wall and some rather confused looking partners rofl
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:37pm
Rach, Plunket don't recommend (my Plunket nurse anyway) that we teach or show our boys to pull it back because they usually discover it on their own anyway
If it is too tight or growing over the top so they can't move it back then the Dr might recommend stretching or the snip for health reasons.

Edited by caraMel
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:43pm
When you talk about having it "snipped" are we talking a full circumsition here or just a little snip? I think my DH would strangle any Dr who suggested he got cut, he's very proud of his hood lol. Good luck though Andi, I've done the headstand after being on top the first time we decided to actively try and it just resulted in us both falling all over the place laughing our asses off. I'd stick with the personal massage device and a little electric shock of your own to suck it all up, that's my preferred method anyway.
TTC #2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by TraceyA TraceyA wrote:

When you talk about having it "snipped" are we talking a full circumsition here or just a little snip?

i'm talking just a little snip....about 1cm

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 2:54pm
May I just say....ooooooooouch!
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 4:45pm
pillow under bum worked for us..and yes generally men more sensitive with foreskin but mine cut and he still has heaps of sensitivity..maybe he;s weird:) i just asked my Mum and she said in the old days they were told to stretch the skin at every bath time..

so if you cant get to the head of the penis then yeah maybe a wee snip is necessary?very sore but worth it in the long run?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Andi_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andi_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 4:55pm
I spoke to DH about all of this and his response was to bury his face in my ample bosom and refise to come out until I stopped talking putting is penis and sharp pointy things in the same centance I'm afraid I had to tease hin a little more at that point and pulled out the kitchen scissors, I'm so cruel, lol. So I think we shall be sticking with the hips up and standing on my head thing for now.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 6:40pm
LOL Andi!! Alright in answer to the first question, I'm not really sure but the thought that came to mind was rolling over together when you're done, for a little while to cuddle etc, so that you are on your back and perhaps easier to conceive?

About the second question, I heard that circumcision was also done for so-called hygienic reasons (easier to clean) up until about the 80's.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>