FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 694>
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:44pm
Just bringing the list forward!

Happy D Day Genie! How are you feeling??

I am actually feeling good today! So nice to feel human again.... not doing much - was gonna go shopping but unfortunately my wages didn't come through - they are paid in by AP and now I won't get paid untill Monday :( :( Oh well! At least I can't spend any money I guess.... And I predict I will have baby ON Monday as I like the number 5 so much (also Gabz bday) so might even save myself some dosh :)

Hope everyone is well :_ Nikki you are sounding very positive glad to hear you have some childcare in place its always such a relief! Are you planning on going to hospital as soon as you are sure you are in labour?

I am thinking about how fast things might happen. I have no clue when I should go to hosp as we were there from the very beginning for monitoring last time (meconium staining of waters) and this time will HOPEFULLY get to labour at home longer - but I wonder if I will go faster from being more relaxed and will be using water and being second time.. anyway I am very excited! :)
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 2:04pm
Alyx, I am hoping that we will work out when we are in labour pretty quickly and then we will head over.  WE have a 3 hr drive so I dont want to leave it too late.  I was just thinking today it would be ideal if my waters break (didnt last time) but no contractions immediately.   That way we know things are going to be happening one way or another but I might have a semi comfy trip over.  Thats my latest dream.  It is so hard to know.  I would hate to think it started, call in the reserves, get over and be sent home!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 3:39pm
Aw Genie that's not good about his eye, hopefully it clears up quickly and the rest of you don't get it.

Hopefully you do get a clear sign Nikki, i would be annoyed too if I drove 3 hours to the hospital to then get turned away, although perhaps if they know how far you have come they would find you a bed anyway, if it's like CWH they will have a few spare ones on the antenatal ward.

Nothing much happening here, just dying in the ridiculous heat. Spencer has been kind though and is having a huge nap for his mummy....oooops spoke to soon

Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 4:16pm

Hi ladies - just back from Te Anau.  Had a couple of relaxing days, the highlight of which was a real bath!!!  (Not the silly shubb thing we have here).  Sounds like everyone's having a few aches and niggles and we might be expecting some more bubs soon. 

So jealous of you nzpiper being able to polish your toenails!

There are a couple of bubs on the front page of our paper this morning - both cute little 6 pd boys born just after New Years *cluck cluck*!!

I've been having lots of uncomfy pain the last couple of days in the form of back cramps.  It woke me up in the night and I tossed and turned - there were a couple of times the pain took my breath away!  I had some of this pain last week but this is heaps stronger and more persistant.  I think baby may have dropped???  I don't know if I can go through these back cramps till due date 20 Jan!!  Anyone else had these pains?  I wanna know if it's a sign of impending action! 

Hope all you ladies are coping alright in the heat up north.  Send some here if you like - it's raining cats and dogs.

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 7:46pm

Due Dates

Genie - 2nd Its a boy
Marisa (cuppatea) - 4th Its a boy
Leelee - 5th Its a boy
Brabsie - 5th
Missy_nz - 7th
Alyxw - 7th Will be a surprise!
Helen21 - 12th Its a girl
Deepa - 12th
Bern118 - 13th Will be a suprise
Nikki (nzpiper) - 14th Think it will be a boy but time will tell
Aprilfools - 15th Its a boy
nickyjames - 15th Will be finding out
Pletey75 – 17th Its a girl
Andie - 19th,20th Its a boy
SarahMM - 20th Will be a suprise
Ginger - 20th Will be finding out
Lijana (LG) - 21st Its a girl
Kel (Aliasmum) - 22nd Its a boy
Ballerina - 24th Its a girl
Stogglebox - 25th Its a girl
Ladybird84 - 26th
Danaj – 26th Its a girl
canuckmama - 26th Its a girl
Kelly (Beachy) - 27th Will be finding out
Butterfly4 - 28th - Will be a surprise.
Febbabe- 28th - Will be a surprise
Leticia- 31st
Liv - 31st - Will be a surprise]

Birth Dates!
Shelt (16th) 7th Dec 3.26am Gabrielle Lily-Anne 5lb 8oz
HuntD (2nd) 18th Dec 8:31am Brennan Joseph 8lb 8oz
Crakars (26th) 22nd Dec 2.30am Lewis Albert Parker 6lb 6oz

Katte (1st) 23rd Dec 2pm It's a boy! 8lb 4oz
Denise (lady_aset) - (1st) 23rd Dec 5.00pm Lucian Charles Te Hira Victor 6lb 15oz

Just changing my EDD to what the hospital are going by

Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 7:59pm
Sarah I'm having the same thing. I got one this arvo while on the phone to a friend and it was so bad I couldn't breathe. It's my hips that are getting it more than my back though. Oh well, just a taste of things to come eh? lol.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 9:23pm
Well hopefully it's all over and done with soon for ya, Dana! And Nikki I hope your waters break first, too... a 3-hour trip is a bit of a mission in that state! of course, I preferred your 'birth plan' from a few pages back here... sounds pretty cool!   

I'm sooo uncomfy and sore and still so freakin tired, and at least you guys won't mind me whinging about it, 'cause I bet most of you are too! DH has had three, yep, a whole three days home over the 'holiday' period, and I need much more help with Ella than just that, and really want some more help around the house - he's gone most evenings too. Grrrrr. Needless to say this is the 2nd and last of his babies I'll be having!! And after last week's trip to the hospital, I'm nervous about how Tuesday's midwife appt will go (what if baby's heart is racing again?), especially as my mum and MIL are both away that week, and the 2 friends tee'd up to take Ella if needed that week are AWOL that day... so not only do I need to take Ella to the appt, but if I end up having a snivel at it like last week, DH isn't there to occupy her, or to come to the hospital with me. Argh... bundle of nerves here! I'll feel MUCH better once it's the 12th and I'm still pregnant but mum is back in the country to take Ella... then baby can feel free to come along any time he likes. Even though my MW is away till my d.date, the back-up lady seems great, so a week early would be fine too!
Andie
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:11am
just woke up on the strike of midnight to a funny feeling and just knew my waters had gone! I slowly got up so they wouldn't leak everywhere and waddled to the loo only dripping a wee bit - so happy cos waters are CLEAR unlike last time so that at least means labouring at home! No contractions yet - will sen Aprilfool s a text if any news :) DP gone to pick up MIL to watch GAbz :)
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 6:30am
Oh exciting Alex, Cross fingers you are in the middle of having your bub!

Stinking hot in our hotel room, you would expect for the money that we pay that the air con would work. Had a total of 4 hours sleep last night. Mostly in part to a good book I couldn't put down! Our motel the previous 2 nights had beautiful modern air con.

Alia has chicken pox so I have been staring at 4 walls ever since I got here. Enforced rest is good as it's the only way it make me slow down Alia is mortified that she is all spotty but has been really good with it even though she is riddled with spots. They are just everywhere. She bounced back last night somewhat & was hypo for about an hour.

Havent' got time to really catch up cause I'm on the hotel net.

I just can feel the hormones waiting to make me ball today at my brothers wedding!

It's amazing a couple of you guys are now overdue! My log in page said Cooper is 19 days away....freaky. BH's stepping up a notch now so when I've been able to go for short walks they are happening....thank god, I was gettting worried that I'd not get in the "practice" this time!! I have a date in mind of the 27th for some reason.

Will catch up monday when I'm home!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
canuckmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuckmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:20am
oooooo,exciting Alyxw!! Hope it's all go for you!

How horrible Kel, poor Alia, and sucks that you are stuck in as well, tho resting is good (I'm told)

Gosh, I can't believe you can paint your toenails Niki?!? How does that even work? I can't shave my legs nufink. Feel sorry for my MW, tho my toes are lovely due to nice pedi last week, think maybe I'll get weekly pedi's till she arrives

Picked up all last minute bits and bobs yesterday, what a relief that it's all done, even got a cheap nightie to give birth in at Farmer's.
All my crew start arriving from Canada this week, cannot WAIT! One of my closest friends is coming on the 12th, followed by whole of family inc. brother..I'm so excited to see everyone and show off NZ, tho I hope the weather comes right, the last 2 days here have been horrible. Really wish Welly got some of the hot weather you guys have been talking about. I am so used to high 20's early 30's..Summer doesn't feel like summer without the HEAT to me.

Hope we get a baby update soon from you Alyxw!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:29am

Oooo alyxw.  Hope it all goes well.  Cant wait to find out what it is. (we dont know do we?).  I have no idea what waters breaking feels like but I probably should put something over my mattress just in case. 

Well FIL predicted today to be the day for me but I dont think anything is going to happen.  I really need to get out and do some walking or something but its too painful to try.  Bugger.

I am amazed you guys cant reach your toes.  I do struggle with my little toe (but its only a little nail so needs nothing more than a dab).  Really the only place I cant reach is where all the action will be.  YAY!

Oh well, my lie in is over.  Tom has only just woken!

Cant wait for updates.

Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:37am
Morning ladies.

Baby Tane was born at 3:25am this morning. Mummy and bub are doing really really well.

That's all the info I have at the moment but I will let you know as soon as I hear more.

Yay GO ALEX!!! Congratulations

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:43am
Wow!! That happened fast. Congrats Alyxw and DH.  So from waters breaking to baby was just over 3hrs.....eeek!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:45am

Due Dates

Genie - 2nd Its a boy
Marisa (cuppatea) - 4th Its a boy
Leelee - 5th Its a boy
Brabsie - 5th
Missy_nz - 7th
Helen21 - 12th Its a girl
Deepa - 12th
Bern118 - 13th Will be a suprise
Nikki (nzpiper) - 14th Think it will be a boy but time will tell
Aprilfools - 15th Its a boy
nickyjames - 15th Will be finding out
Pletey75 – 17th Its a girl
Andie - 19th,20th Its a boy
SarahMM - 20th Will be a suprise
Ginger - 20th Will be finding out
Lijana (LG) - 21st Its a girl
Kel (Aliasmum) - 22nd Its a boy
Ballerina - 24th Its a girl
Stogglebox - 25th Its a girl
Ladybird84 - 26th
Danaj – 26th Its a girl
canuckmama - 26th Its a girl
Kelly (Beachy) - 27th Will be finding out
Butterfly4 - 28th - Will be a surprise.
Febbabe- 28th - Will be a surprise
Leticia- 31st
Liv - 31st - Will be a surprise]

Birth Dates!
Shelt (16th) 7th Dec 3.26am Gabrielle Lily-Anne 5lb 8oz
HuntD (2nd) 18th Dec 8:31am Brennan Joseph 8lb 8oz
Crakars (26th) 22nd Dec 2.30am Lewis Albert Parker 6lb 6oz

Katte (1st) 23rd Dec 2pm It's a boy! 8lb 4oz

Denise (lady_aset) - (1st) 23rd Dec 5.00pm Lucian Charles Te Hira Victor 6lb 15oz

Alyxw (7th) 3 Jan 3.25am  Tane

canuckmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuckmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:48am
That is so quick!!!! CONGRATS you guys.. How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a feeling a baby was going to come today from our thread!!!
Yippeeeeee

Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 8:51am
Wow, that is quick! Congrats Alex. can't wait to hear all about it when you get back and see pics of your little one.

Sorry to hear about Alia, Kel. How is she feeling today? Did it get you out of the inlaws though? Lol.

Aprilfools, hopefully baby stays put until the 12th!! It must be really hard for all of you ladies who have other kiddies to look after. I find it challenging even with pets!!!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:09am
Yay Congratulations Alex Can't wait to see pics and here all about it.

Nothing happening here, although the dumb messages have started I'm gonna start telling people that I had him last week.

I managed to cut my toe nails last week, so at a push I could probably paint them. Shaving my legs is doable but quite uncomfortable, as for where the action is I haven't been able to see there for ages anything could be happening.

I never thought about putting something on the bed in case my waters go, perhaps I should sleep on one of Spencer's mattress protector things just in case.

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:20am
Yay, Alex, YAAAAYYYY!!!!! Congratulations, that's so cool! Can't wait to hear more (after you've rested up some, of course!).

Hmmmm, our bed is reasonably new... but I still can't bear to sleep on top of anything waterproof after trying it for a week or so last time. Maybe I'll just load up the towels under the sheets on my side?
So who else is on Facebook afterall? It's so much easier for sharing pics, eh. And I like how much more private they can be too. I finally hopped on there a few weeks ago, so I'd love to hunt down any of the other Jan chicks there too... if you're on, have a look for Andrea Howard and I'll try to match your real name up with your nick from here!
Andie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:11am

I was readiuggies ad or email or something and they suggested the disposable change mats for your mattress.  That could be worth a go.  Last time I just put a thick towel...but my waters didnt break so it was ok.

Andie, I'm off to find you now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:15am
foudn you...I think.  Add me as a friend and then I can add to you our secret squirrel group
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 694>