FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Feb 09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 386>
Author
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Colapop Colapop wrote:

Hi,

What's a good price for maternity jeans?

Have you checked out the Pumpkin Patch thread in the recommendations section of this board?
I just bought some maternity jeans online yesterday for $18 - down from $60. I thought that was a pretty good price.
Sponsored Links

Colapop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colapop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:44pm
Thanks Sprials: I'm not too great around this site. How do I find the 'pumpkin patch' area? Sounds like a fab deal!

Cola
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:59pm
Wow, $18 is great for jeans - have you tried them on in the shop, Spirals? Let us know what you think of them .. I'll be looking for jeans while I'm in Aus I think. Not a lot of choice over here - I was already an asian "XL" BEFORE I got pregnant and egg jeans don't seem that great for the price ..?
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 9:08pm
Colapop: the PPL is meant to be sent into IRD 3 months before you take the leave, so before about 26-28 weeks is good. Tho they were very quick to get it done for me so I'm guessing a bit closer to time probably would still be ok.
I got in pretty early just in case it took awhile, and cos i am a good girl guide by nature!
Jan 08 :angel:

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 9:19pm
Hi Pomikiwi, my due date is Februari 14. (OMG, only 4 months and 2 days left to get ready...)

Rashika & Kiwisj, thanks for your supportive thoughts. DH is looking for a ranger type of job as he has studied a bachelor of recreational management (Parks). But this year he's been the president of the Lincoln University Students' Association, so obviously that finishes at the end of the year.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Colapop, I'm sure you still have some time to submit your PPL form. I know you have to notify your employer at least 15 weeks before you're due (or maybe before you intend to finish, can't remember). However I can't recall there being a final date for submitting your PPL form.

Is anyone here suffering from increased clumsiness? I've never been particularly elegant unfortunately, but in the last few weeks things have definately gotten worse. I keep bumping into things and accidently hitting myself, mostly on furniture. I'm covered in bruises. It might have been funny if it wasn't so painful. Just tonight I put something in my bedside drawer and then slammed the drawer shut with my finger still in there. My finger was actually bleeding as a result.
Is this a pregnancy related thing?
It's like I completely lost any sense of spatial and body awareness.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 9:28pm
I don't know if it's a pregnant thing Ella, but I have been really clumsy lately too! I keep stubbing my toes .. ouch

LOL Knocked Up is on tv right now ... very funny .. although it's a bit annoying that so much of it has been cut. Might watch the DVD next week if we get a rainy day .. loving all her hormonal moments
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Colapop Colapop wrote:

Thanks Sprials: I'm not too great around this site. How do I find the 'pumpkin patch' area? Sounds like a fab deal!

Cola

Go to the main forums list, and scroll down to the 'product reviews' section. Once in there there's a thread called 'pumpkin patch secret codes' (or something like that)
That thread contains the link to the PP website page where you can enter the codes, and a whole heap of codes you can try. On the first page, someone (Sarabeth I think) has posted a huge list of items, including a whole section on maternity clothes.

There's also a link to a database of other codes you can try, but I haven't been able to get into that yet.

Kiwisj - no I haven't tried the jeans on - I was too excited by the cheap prices online to be practical
This has been my downfall before!! I'll let you know when I receive them what they're like.
I'm hoping I will need them soon - I still don't look pregnant. This week I'll be 5 months gone, and still don't look like I'm expecting, just a bit fatter all round!!

Edited by Spirals
febbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote febbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 9:13am

Ella I'm certainly not as agile as I was before pregnancy brain and body don't seem to talk to each other sometimes!
I felt like someones Grandmother on Saturday night after spending the day working on the house. Can't seem to do as much as I use to without getting tired and sore. My back was killing me when I got up in the middle of the night but was much better by the morning. Just have to remember that my body is busy focusing on making a baby and I need to take things easier. Got our lounge finished tho which looks great, new curtains up as well.
kiwisj I saw Knocked up for the first time a few weeks ago..thought it was so funny
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 9:32am
I'm sad today.

One of our fur babies didn't come home last night. I lay awake worrying about him - I just knew something was wrong as it's so out of character.

He showed up just before 3am, and we had to take him to the emergency vet - we think he's been hit by a car. Poor thing was such a mess. They've kept him there to adminster pain relief and an IV medicine that will help his breathing (he's struggling with his lungs) and they will x-ray him this morning to check what internal damage has been done.

I should hear from them soon.

I've taken the day off work sick - I'm shattered from lack of sleep, there's no way I can function normally, and I have to think about baby. I need to be in good condition for the bean.
kandk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 11:01am
Ooh, Spirals, so sorry to hear about your vet visit. It's not much fun, is it. Just think how much worse it will be when our bumps are teenagers and we are waiting until 3am for them to get home!

Nice to catch up on everyone's news - I've been away on holiday - might be the last one for a while! We went to Dubai to visit family - it was certailny an interesting place to visit. But the heat! Kiwisj, if Singapore is anything like Dubai heat I feel for you - I certainly couldn't cope for long! It was 38 degrees, and apparently had been up to 50 in the last few months. They do say the national sport is shopping, and I can see why! There are just so many malls to choose from. I managed to pick up a few bargains in a maternity shop, but haven't really needed to wear them yet. I decided against al the other baby stuff, as it was just going to be impractical to get it all home! And it probably wasn't that much of a good deal, anyway.

I am glad we went when we did, as flying was just a tad uncomfortable. I'd hate to be doing it too much later.

And since then we've bought a new vehicle! I had to do some serious talking though - the one DH was intent on buying had such a small back seat it was going to be hopeless. After a few weeks he came round to the idea that there were actually going to be three of us and we have had to go for a later model. There go all our savings, though.

PPL forms - I hadn't even thought of that! Where do you get them?

Oh well, holiday over. Better get and do some work!
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 1:57pm
Spirals lots of coming your way .. that must have been one scary and sad night for you last night. Good idea to take the day off work to rest, good luck for the phone call from the vet, I hope it's good news.

Glad you enjoyed your trip kandk - and the shopping! I think it's hotter in Dubai but more humid here, so just as uncomfortable. Luckily all the malls are airconditioned here too It's been around the low/mid thirties recently but pretty humid ALL the time. At least it's not rainy season though - I can still go swimming every day which keeps me sane!

febbabe well done on all your work on the house over the weekend - I am very impressed! We put some new shelves up in our storeroom this weekend .. well DH did, I just supervised He did a great job though, it looks sooo much better! My job is to put a notice up on the noticeboard downstairs advertising our old sofa, tv and table/chairs ... no room for them if we want a nursery! Then I can start shopping for baby's furniture...
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 8:50pm
Lovely cot, Gas!! I'm not allowed to look at cots yet
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Two Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 9:40pm
Wow, loads to catch up over the last few days. Well I started my Christmas shopping yesterday, so was pleased with my accomplishments so far, haven't got too much more to get, and at least I won't have to think about it when we get home!

Haven't bought any bear gear as yet, but think I might get some baby groes and little blanket before too long. Will have to sort through whats been put aside for us once we're home and then get other essentials. Can't wait to be home now and to be sorting out our house and baby's room, will only have 2 mths to do it in, but hopefully that's enough time!

Another great w/e of weather over here, we've been really, really lucky...it makes up for the crap August weather we had.

Kiwisj: Hope you get to sell your furniture shortly, so you can start getting stuff for baby's room! Exciting!
Hope you enjoy your trip to Aust. You probably know this already, but make sure you wear the DVT knee-high stockings on the plane, as a precaution. My midwife told me to wear them when I went to NY, and I'll be wearing them on our big haul flight home as well.

Spirals: Sorry to hear about your fur baby, fingers crossed it has a good outcome xx

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 8:26am
Kandk, you can just downlown PPL form online and print it.

Spirals, sorry to hear about your cat, hope she recovers well.
Like you I'm 5 months and still not that obviously pregnant. Well, I think I look very pregnant, but nobody else seems to think so. Yesterday we had a schooltrip and one of my collegues mentioned the pregnant one (me!) and all the parent help went: Who? Then they came up to me to apologise they hadn't known. So I told them not to worry, they weren't the only ones.
Isn't it weird how you can feel really pregnant and swollen up and people just don't see it.
I'm sure though soon they won't be able to miss it anymore.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 12:36pm
My fur baby update:

There was a 50/50 chance last night that his lungs would improve or deteriorate overnight - if he improved they would be able to go ahead with the operation.

They called us first thing this morning - he died in the night. We're both devastated. That cat and DH had a really special bond, DH is heartbroken.

The cat's sister (from the same litter) is wandering around not quite sure what's going on. She keeps looking and listening and sniffing things, she's obviously missing him too.
He was only 2 years and 1 week old.
febbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote febbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 12:59pm

Spirals sorry to hear about your cat. Pets become such a big part of our lives don't they, so its really hard when they die. You just get so use to having them around.
Big
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 1:12pm
Spirals, I am so so sorry about your fur baby, what an awful phone call that must have been
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 2:16pm
Spirals, so sorry to hear about your cat, poor wee thing. Hugs for you all!

I look really pregnant, which is actually quite nice. But i guess because i'm a 2nd timer everything has popped out really quick. My friend assurres me my tum will slow down, phew.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 6:23pm
Oh Spirals, sorry about your cat. Hang in there hun.

I had my first hypnobirthing class last night. There was a lot of info that I'd already read in the book, but it was good for DH, who (as expected) hadn't read anything.
I did realise though that all my life I've done a real good job avoiding anything that has to do with birth. I've never seen a documentary, let alone a real life birth. We saw 2 videos of a birth, which were really quite short, there was no screaming, no strained faces, hardly any blood. DH was really impressed, as were all the other couples. I felt very faint, it really was a bit too much for me. I think I may skip the videos they'll show at antenatal class next month.
I think the hypnobirthing classes are gonna be very good though, I'm looking forward to continuing the course in November.
Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 6:38pm
oh spirals, that is very sad... i know i would be absolutely devastated if i lost one of mine, esp at such a young age. Mine just adore each other and I know they would find it hard to be alone. Big hugs from this end of the country

Ella: very cool about the hynobirthing class, I was thinking it must have been soon for you. Glad that your DH got some good info from it, I am hoping the same from mine, cos he doesn't read at all!
Cant wait till mine start, and i guess I'll be seeing you at your next one? (you were gonna join the nov group weren't you?)
Jan 08 :angel:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 386>