FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHe had his skin prick test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: He had his skin prick test
    Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:55am
and he thought it was totally hilarious, and there i was thinking it might upset him. The worst bit was trying to get him to stay still cos he's so ticklish that the whole process was cracking him up and plus he wanted to look at the doc so kept trying to twist himself round. Even the actually pricking he found ticklish, the strange child.

Anyway results were allergic to Diary, eggs and peanuts. Pretty gutted about the eggs and peanuts but could have been a lot worse as he was negative to the other 6 things that were tested for. Reactions were quite small so he should outgrow them quite quickly. Plan is to get him tested again at 2yrs, to stay on neocate till then, doc was very happy that he is thriving and obviously liks his food (nice way of saying your baby is a chubster).

I'm so glad that I have been extra paranoid and anal about what he has eaten since knowing about the dairy allergy, at times I thought I was being a bit over precautious but now I think it was justified, the doc told me its good to be paranoid as well, and was pleased that he had had a restricted diet

Sponsored Links

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 10:13am
That's great to have those results!! Now you know for sure what to avoid. Also great to have the justification for being so cautious (just a over the top mummy!), and that you've done the right things.

LOL at Spencer though - what a cheeky monkey!!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:53am
It does suck to find out they are allergic to more than what you thought, but at least you know now and have a bit of a plan. Glad it didnt bother him! and hopefully he does outgrow them quickly
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 7:36pm
LOL at Spencer! The gremlins spent the whole tme trying to figure out why there was writing and funny spots on their arms.
Bugger about the peanuts and the eggs, fingers crossed he will outgrow them quickly. Maya outgrew all of hers by 3.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply