FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 733>
Author
queenb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:36pm
Whitewave, just checked out the Mocka site. Very cool stuff. I'd seen their trikes, so going back there now to have a good look at what I can buy

btw also don't give water to Layla. Just BM for now.

Rach, Layla is also grabbing at toys now -- ya for lil cherubs! Still doesn't roll from tummy to back. Oh and very occasionally back to front.
Sponsored Links

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:47pm
Belinda, that's awesome that Layla rolls from back to front, usually that's harder than from tummy to back. Cam has only rolled tummy to back a handful of times. He looked like he was going to roll from back to tummy when he was at SPACE on Tuesday, but didn't get there.

I gave Cam a stick of toast this morning while I was eating brekkie - he opened his mouth and tried to lick it! Took him a while before he figured out that he had to hold it himself, and put it in his mouth! He gummed it for a bit, then went soggy in his hands, so chucked it away then. Kept him happy though!
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:43pm
wow you ladies have been chatty, i forgot to take notes so sorry if there are not many personals

Welcome back Belinda

Serindipity - ill add you of Fb im shannon clarke

WW - i wondered about giving emily toast or something simmilar might give it a go im pretty sure she is teething can see the wee white bumps in her gums she is grizzly (more than usual) and trying to gum everything!

Cant remeber who asked about age for space - the group im about to join in dunedin (first one tomorow) is just newly formed so there are babies of all ages.

Went back to cromwell today for a meeting for work, went on forever! but we are now a couple of steps foward so hopefully only one more trip for a final meeting then it will all be sorted, Fun seeing my exmanager having to admit he was/is wrong and has been a total wan***

Emily has just gone down so am off to bed too - Hope we get a good sleep tonight!
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 10:07am
DP has been holding food in front of Cody and he isn't at all interested in it. Still prefers BM. Didn't get a chance to try formula last night as by the time he had a bath he was very tired, so tried to get him down for a nap but that didn't happen till 9.30pm. He was so tired yet couldn't relax enough to sleep. Ended up letting him comfort BF until he fell asleep.

He then woke up 45mins later crying. But let him have another feed and he was back asleep. I then had to get up to let the cat out at about 3am and heard a little noise come from his room, went in there and he had moved up his cot, kicked his blankets off and got hold of the facecloth I let him suck sometimes, and gave me a big smile. I wonder how long he would have stayed quiet if I hadn't heard him.

A friend in Auckland had her baby girl last night. They called her Ariana, that is such a pretty name. Another friend is due today so I will hopefully be able to see two babies when we go up in a few weeks.

Cody has rolled side to tummy in his sleep , but not when he is awake. Luckly he had an arm under him to keep his nose clear. Will have to start putting him to bed on his back from now on I think.
queenb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 11:32am
Miss L has been asleep for over an hour! a world record for her!! woop woop! I've got my work done for the morning, had a long shower, did some washing, ate a caramel slice (he he), facebooked, twittered ... oh mi gosh, I'm all activity'd out!
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 12:52pm
Another quiet day today.

Just been reading old topics about dropping dream feeds, my only worry is getting enough into Floyd during the day so that he doesnt wake up hungry. Ive dropped his dreamfeed bottle from 150-100mls but he doesnt seem to want to take more than 175mls during the day. We were thinking about going cold turkey tonight with it being the weekend so DP can help if it all turns to custard!! (He's slept 11 hours the last two nights with the smaller dreamfeed) For those that do or did dreamfeeds any ideas?

I just coloured my hair and its a bit darker than what I thought it would be, I hope Floyd doesnt get a fright when he wakes up! he woke after 50mins just as I was about to wash the colour out, I put his dummy back in and he went back to sleep thank goodness. He's been asleep nearly two hours so will prob wake up any minute.

I really should do some housework or finish unpacking (yes I know we moved nearly two month ago ) but Im just not motivated at the moment
Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:08pm
Hi ladies!

I'm really sorry to hear that about Roman Angelina Thinking of you guys.. Also hope the other bubbies that are sick are feeling better.

Gosh, you've all been very chatty!
Good to see you back belinda, been wondering how you and gorgeous Layla are doing.

Re FB, I'm Anna Scorbi. Add me if you wanna, just added you Kathleen, I'll just reaad back through and add everyone eles shortly and if you wanna add me, feel free.. I love having new friends

Great news about the BF Sarah! Funny hearing about BF bubbies generally taking in more wind (if that makes sense) cause I was always told that BM is easier to digest and I've never really had to burb Nova. I only did it in the first month and since then she always lets out the big belches quite easily herself.
Re work, it would quite like to go back to work a bit more, but its not an option for us. We both decided that we don't want Novella in daycare till shes much older (around 18mths) and we don't have any family here to help us out, or friends avaliable to look after her. Just working Saturdays is enough ATM, its working out great.

Well, back from our trip, was really nice to get away and hide out, had the fire roaring and had lots of spa baths, yummy food and booze. Was great to spend some us time away from the disgusting pit we call home ATM. We're getting insulation done shortly, bathroom has been gutted and looks disgusting! Poor baby is teething though so was a bit grizzly. Shes watching us lots while were eating but I want to hold her out till 6mth.

Not too sure what else I wanted to say, but have to go and finish unpacking. Hope you're all keeping warm in this crap weather.
BBL

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:13pm
Oh, thats what I wanted to say.. the mocka stuff is all IKEA products. I showed DH the highchair on the Mocka site as I thought it was quite cool and we're looking at the IKEA website picking out what we will buy when we move to Italy. (Nova doesn't have much here, as I didn't want to spend too much $$ when we gonna move next year, so can't wait to do up a cute wee room for her!) Anyway, that highchair from IKEA is £15!! I was like WTF, its $100 odd here!

Anyway, thankfully while Mum was down we found a bright pink highchair at Farmers on sale for $50, so got that last week, although it doesn't look like it will be fun when it comes to cleaning it as I can only imagine how much mess shes gonna be making!
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:25pm
Anna I did a search on FB but cant find you.

Floyds not bothered by my hair thank goodness, he's probably like his dad who wont notice for a couple of days!
catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:54pm

Same here tried to find you Anna but to no avail.

Re the dreamfeed Sarah I read in one of my books that you should not drop it till around 7 months.  I know with DD I just reduced the amount and then slowly brought the feed forward to 10pm, then 9.30pm ettc...and then phased out instead of just going cold turkey.  However each bubba is different so hope whatever you try works. 

Cannot believe some of you are onto solids already - argah!!  Will have to start getting myself organised for this next phase it has crept up on me.  Hopefully Finn might sleep better at nite when he starts solids and not need the dummy put back in - oh well another month to go probably before we start the solids yet.

Horrid rainy day today - not even puddle jumping weather as it is just so wet outside - great for making mud though.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 2:13pm
Sorry ladies, just changed my privacy and you should be able to find me now

Oh thought you ladies might find this funny - the first night at the cottage Dh and I decided to have a spa together, with bottle of bubbles and red wine.. I was a little tipsy (well a lot ) and the next day while we were having a coffee in a wee cafe I said to DH that it was just my luck I was boozed and Nova had a crap sleep and kept waking every 2 hours (wanting her dummy which she has finally accepted yay!)
Anyway, in a big loud voice, he said 'Its because you were snoring so damn loud, you kept waking the both of us!'

I was so embarrassed!! The lady sitting at the next table had a wee chuckle
And poor baby, being woken by me!
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 2:49pm
Ahh wrote a big post and lost it!

Anyway the bit i will re type is Angus is not well... we have just got home from the hosp. He went in to be monitored, as his temp is up etc and he is not feeding well. had 50ml since 7pm till 11am this morning... So seems to be doing ok now... he has had 100mls since... still not alot but better. He has Bronchiolitis. Poor wee thing had no energy this morning and was so sleepy... so hopefully he will be on the up now... but who knows. They can only give him pamol... so if he gets worse we will be back at the hosp.

Hope Roman is doing ok!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 2:53pm
hehe Anna that is a bit funny!
Re returning to work, I am probable going back part time at around the 7-8 month mark depending on funds, but can also pick up some casual shorter shifts before then. However I have a real problem with Samantha having separation anxiety. We have been trialing her with my friend who was going to look after her. Have been doing a lot of visits and I left her with my friend for a short time today well Sam lost the plot and was inconsolable again, I calmed her down but when I would hand her back to my friend even though Sam could see me she would start screaming again HAve noticed that Sam is doing the same thing when I leave the bathroom when she is having a shower with her daddy too
I know this is normal and is a phase but really complicates things with returning to work.
Am off to Auckland soon I hope Samantha will be able to handle sleeping in the portacot in a different place!!
People arn't going to like Samantha if she cries whenever they hold her. I hope she doesn't do this for her Aunty who is really looking forward to seeing her!!

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 3:11pm
Don't worry Salz, of course people will love Sam, even if she does cry! Chelsea does this too, she has to see me or DH when someone else is holding her, won't take her eyes off us hehe, even with her grandparents who she knows. But they know it's just a phase and that she'll grow out of it. (I hope...)

Chelsea was a brave girl for her jabs yesterday, doesn't seem too bothered by them at all she's been sleeping better today, but she does do that every few days so not sure if it's related.
Eww I feel sick, had two girls from my antenatal class over this morning (two others couldn't make it) and we went thru two packs of chocolate biscuits hehe, oops plus I've also had two cream cheese muffins that I made. Yum but feel like I've eaten too much sweet stuff now. Better go skull some water!

Yay for Layla grabbing at toys too

Chelsea hasn't rolled from back to tummy yet, she doesn't roll the other way that often tho, just when it suits her lol.

I added you on facebook Anna. Funny about your DH telling the whole cafe about your snoring!

Poor Angus hope he gets better on pamol and doesn't have to go back to hospital.

I think Chelsea's been asleep for two hours already (can't remember what time I put her back down). I'll start on folding the washing before she gets up. Water first though to try wash away this sick feeling!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 3:36pm
Big hugs Amanda Whats with our March babies getting sick, they are too little to be so unwell
Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 3:46pm
Manda hope Angus gets better soon.. poor little man.
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 4:40pm
Just a quick one.

Just added you Anna

Sophia seems to be back on track again so cross fingers it stays that way
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 5:21pm
poor Angus bronchiolitis hangs round for awhlie unfortunatly my Ds2 got it badly at 3months and had still had breathing trouble 2 months later had to hav ventolin quite reg for awhile did u get told to keep his head and chest elevated it really helps.

Yey for Chelsea and Layla grabbing toys

Teesa is rollin pretty easily back to tummy now (since earlier today) bit of a pain cos she get upset as she can't roll back yet.

well better go get tea ready....bbl hopefully

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 5:39pm
Oh really Ali, i hope it doesnt hang around that long! I have put pillows under his matteress in his cot as i noticed it helped his breathing more when he was more up right. He is sooo sleepy, lucky to be awake an hour at a time. But so clingy! Im also getting sick, have swollen glands and a sore throat!

BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 7:54pm
yeah its not a nice thing to get manda (lots of kids get it though and recover great my Jaron did just took ages) Even if hes on the floor have him propped up a little for a week or so (Jaron got used to his cot being elevated and it had to stay that way till he moved into a big bed.) Hopefully it will go alot quicker for Angus.

Friday is crap on tv so i'm playing farmtown instead. My kids (the older 2) just had a huge fight which ended in them both crying and their dad all stresses out thin the first week backat school was a bit much for them all good now though.

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 733>