FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 772773774775776 786>
Author
binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 9:12am
DJKaf my DH was NOT cute about it last night. He wasn't up for it at all.
If it happens like that again I am going to have to have a word with him haha. He was the one who told me he didn't want to get all sciencey about it and yet for the FIRST TIME EVER last night he wasn't keen.
I got there in the end but didn't feel that great pestering him about it. ergh. haha.

<
Sponsored Links

DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 9:27am
I basically sat him down and said, I want a baby by next summer. That gives us 3 months of trying. Im getting old and I want more than one baby and this could take years to happen so we need to get onto it. And he thought about it for a minute and then said ok well we better paractice then. To which i said not practice real deal, tonight! Then on Sat night I went out with my girlfirends and came home at 10.30 and he was so sh*tty with me for being out so late when we were meant to be trying for a baby and he was tired and it all went to sh*t. But luckily he didnt hold it against me and gave it another shot in the morning. Its hard to know what they want!!!!! grrrr. 
Dot2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dot2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 10:55am
Hi ladies! Still lurking around, can't help myself, hope noone minds, just tell me to bugger off if you do, haha. Just love seeing where everyone is at and hoped I could share some comfort that ALL men seem to be a bit difficult in this area! I just don't think they are as accutely aware as we are of what different times of our cycle mean, how trying the waiting is (a whole month is such a long time when you are TTC) and all the emotions that go along with it...the pressure we feel to conceive once they have 'done their part'. I really have no suggestions to make things easier other than to say, you are not alone! Try not to get too anxious over your dates, a consistent BD every 2-3 days over your fertile window is the best way to go according to fertility experts.

Rebecca142173 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 12:06pm
Thanks Dot. Its really good to hear from somebody who has been through it!

DJKaf go you! That sounds like what I might have to do with my DH. He constantly talks about what he would do with his child or what sports he would want them to play and taking them fishing but then we I ask him if he was to start TTC he just says we will talk about it in 6 months. Its really frustrating because I am so ready to start TTC.

Sorry for the wee vent there   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 12:49pm
Tehe thanks Dot!!

Haha we ended up talking about it this morning.
We are going to visit our nieces this afternoon and DH said 'I don't want to go too early and play babies with you lot' then said 'speaking of playing babies...you sure wanted to last night didn't you.' I said 'Are we or are we not being scientific about it. I am fine if we are but if not, you better just enjoy yourself'. BAHAHA.
Smoothed things out. However I don't look forward to having to do that again and again.

Edited by binklemouse - 28 April 2014 at 12:49pm

<
Dot2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dot2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by binklemouse binklemouse wrote:

Tehe thanks Dot!!

Haha we ended up talking about it this morning.
We are going to visit our nieces this afternoon and DH said 'I don't want to go too early and play babies with you lot' then said 'speaking of playing babies...you sure wanted to last night didn't you.' I said 'Are we or are we not being scientific about it. I am fine if we are but if not, you better just enjoy yourself'. BAHAHA.
Smoothed things out. However I don't look forward to having to do that again and again.

Hahaha, yeah I'll never forget a conversation I had with my DH when I was UTD with my first (who we 'didn't try, didn't prevent' for 5 months for). I very much had to take the cool, calm and collected route with him and pretend like it wasn't on my mind, I wasn't being scientific about it, and that it didn't bother me when he decided not to ahem...follow through... (sheesh yeah right!). He commented once "I think you were actually trying to get pregnant" and I said "what do you mean? we were just seeing what happened" and he said "you just wanted to do it at really strange times and a lot more than you usually do" and I said "oh really? I guess baby making just makes you horny". hahaha

lola11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 1:23pm
Hi everyone!

Currently waiting to TTC, had my last depo provera injection in Jan. Currently waiting for AF to return :(
Hope it doesnt take long but am aware it may take up to 18 months! Already have 1 little girl whose nearly 3 and she was conceived while i was on Noriday so actually having to TTC is making me impatient! and its only been 2 weeks off contraception! in for a long wait i think!
MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 4:43pm
Hi mumlala and welcome.

I'm a newbie here but it's been great to hear everyone else's stories and the ladies here are so supportive

When I came off depo it took 9 months for AF to come back but my friends only took 2 months. I hope the wait isn't too long for you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 4:52pm
Hi Mumlala!

I guess I am not technically waiting anymore but this has been my home for a while! tehe.

Waiting is hard!!

<
DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 7:23pm
hi, welcome, technically I'm not waiting either, but this is such a positive thread to hang out in :)
lola11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 10:37am
Thanks for the welcome!
Yes waiting is very hard!
Good luck to you ladies ttc!

Coming off the depo I have felt awful! Never had a single symptom on it and now I'm off I have headaches, cramps and nausea! Think it's made my hormones go completely out of whack! Hope they settle soon!
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 5:36pm
Hi Mumlala,
I came off the depo July 2012, and got my AF back 9 months later in March (same as you Bex!. I was on it for around 8 years though, and on the pill before that for many years. Hopefully it takes you less time than 9 months.

I'm back on CD1 today TTC#1, cycle 2.

Was reading about all the DTD conspiracys you guys have going on, made me laugh, I'm not sure how we are going to go this month because DH works late and is not a morning person, we managed 3 times cycle 1, but hoping for a few more hits this month! Have to work out a plan!
Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 4:30pm
Hi ladies, I'm lurking but I miss hanging out here! Thought I would share that it also took me 9 months to get my periods back after coming off Depo. Last one was in March 2012 and AF arrived on Xmas Day 9 months later. We started trying in March this year, so a full 2 years after my last shot and I got UTD on our first cycle of trying. I'm 9 weeks pregnant today and was very relieved that there were clearly no lasting effects from depo. Good luck to you all, binklemouse and DJKaf I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both that your TTC journeys are also short ones!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 4:47pm
Glad it's all going well Tuquel! I hope it's a short one too! :D

<
mummystheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummystheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 8:55am
Ive got my fingers crossed for you guys too binkle DJKaf and Mrs Baker!!!!! hopefully its soon!!! :) Smile
mrsbaker86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsbaker86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 11:10am
thanks mummystheword!!
hope we made a baby last w/e !! we BD'd Friday, Sunday and last night so i think we have it all covered! lol :)

Edited by mrsbaker86 - 06 May 2014 at 11:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsbaker86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 11:18am
also i don't know if im having a major blonde moment but i cant seem to find where i can upload a ticker?!

it says click profile and then signature and i cant see it at all :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 11:58am
In the 'Member control panel' :)

<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsbaker86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 12:12pm
yay thank you x

Edited by mrsbaker86 - 06 May 2014 at 12:14pm
Livvylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Livvylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 8:05am
Morning everyone, do a bit about me I have two beautiful DD miss 3.5 and miss 2 :) I always thought I only wanted two but now I have this urge and need to have a third, I just feel like there is someone missing from our family. My only obstacle is my husband says he doesn't want anymore :( it's not money etc. but he said for his sanity he can't have any more :( what do I do!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 772773774775776 786>