FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 776777778779780 786>
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 7:13pm
Hi ladies

So looks like i'm no longer waiting to TTC. Found out on Tuesday that we have a little surprise on the way.Shocked

Good luck everyone. I hope you all have a very short TTC journey when the time comes.Heart

misssara i'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious son. That's truly heartbreaking. All the best with the future.Hug
Sponsored Links

2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 7:42pm
Congratulations Emerald, I've seen a few people in this group who have had their little gremlin arrive earlier than expected - something in the (group) water maybe? Wishing you a smooth ride for the rest of your pregnancy
Nov 2015, Trisomy 18 (14w3d)
DS Born Sept 2016
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 8:45am
Congratulations Emerald, that is very exciting! I wish you all the best for your pregnancy journey!!! Misssara so sorry to hear about your loss, that would have been very difficult to go through.

Who on this forum is still Waiting TTC and when? I know there are a few people lurking in the background

I just started taking my pregnancy multivitamin and will start my Elevit in a month!

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 9:24am
Hi ladies.
Congratulations Emerald! That's very exciting news.
I'm lurking and watching quietly. I'm 29 and DH 30, we are planning to buy a house in the second half of this year and then ttc straight away. I'm coming off the pill and starting folic acid in June so we are ready to ttc when we find the right house. Sometimes it feels close and sometimes ages away. Either way, I can wait
How is everyone else doing?

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:10pm
Hi ladies! Thought I'd poke my head in here, if all goes well we will be TTC #2 in July... I'm ready now, so impatient - hoping that chatting with you all might help pass the time :)

*waves hi to misssara* nice to see you here x
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 8:27pm
Are most of you taking prenatal vitamins yet? I started 6 months prior with our first & we're looking at around September to start trying for number 2 so wondering if I should start with the health regime again like last time. Is 6 months out about normal to start the real TTC prep?

Edited by TinkaElle - 12 March 2015 at 8:35pm

2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 8:54pm
I thought it was 3 months before that you should start taking your vitamins, at least that's what doctors recommend I think?
DS Born Sept 2016
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 8:10pm
My dr said that folic acid should be taken for at least three months before TTC :) which I think is pretty standard. So any time from now really I guess TinkaElle! I'm going to start it next month, one step closer to TTC - I get way too excited about these kind of things!
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 9:18pm
Oh I know me too! The planning & imagining is all part of the process I guess, I really enjoy that aspect. We're still deciding on when to start trying. It's hard because I'll be 37 I'm July & it will be two years since I got pregnant with my son so although it was easy last time I guess it could be a lot harder this time round

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 10:15pm
Looks like lots of us are planning/hoping for July- September which is exciting. Who is trying for their first this year or what number will this be for you? From September we will be trying for our first, plans permitting of course. Such is life :-)
How are you managing prevention of pregnancy, im still on the pill and wondering when i should stop taking it, what would you do?

Edited by MrsK-2013 - 13 March 2015 at 10:17pm
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 10:22am
This willbe number two for us. We're currently just using condoms which I hate but can't really be bothered going back on the pill the off again. I was on the pill before we tried last time & stopped about 6 months before we started trying just because I wanted to get my periods in a regular natural pattern to help pinpoint the more fertile times

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 1:35pm
Thanks, my current pill script goes till the end of May so i think i will stop after that, and at the same time we will both start prenatal vitamins. Does anyone have tips for preparation, or what are you doing to be ready to ttc?
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 4:30pm
This will be our second child :) I'll stop taking the pill towards the end of next month and then use condoms during May/June. According to my doc it's good to have at least a couple of cycles off the pill before TTC...

I have no real tips for preparation, I guess, other than eating a healthy & varied diet, keeping active fitness-wise, and making the most of all your free time/flexibility if you are currently child-free haha

oh and if you're wanting any el cheapo pregnancy tests - i got a bunch off www.dx.com and they worked just fine! thinking of getting some opks, but don't know if i'll actually be bothered using them when the time comes...
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 10:04pm
We will be trying for our first from end of august onwards if my cycles stay regular, have been using natural family planning since last February so only use condoms during fertile time, will start taking supplements from June onwards and probably DH on something too
DS Born Sept 2016
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2015 at 8:22pm
2furkids - how did you find the NFP? I would really like to be done with hormonal contraception after we have had #2, I'm going to broach the subject of a vasectomy with DH at some point... I'm not sure he will be keen, but I have a feeling he might be more keen on a vas vs relying on NFP/condoms lol
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2015 at 9:24pm
We've found it fine so far, no accidents yet! But to be fair my cycles are extremely predictable, if it was irregular you would spend a lot of time using protection while you waited to be out of the danger zone. As it is if you follow the rules, you have ~5 days of AF, and have at least 9 days abstaining or using protection IF you ovulate on the day expected (more if its late ). Also, if you don't have a good nights sleep (kids getting you up all the time), its hard to temp properly and can stuff up your chart. I think we will have the vasectomy chat when that time comes, much easier and less to think about.   
DS Born Sept 2016
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 3:34pm
yeah, i don't know that i could be bothered with all that haha my cycles were really regular (28 day cycles) when i came off the pill last time, hoping for the same this time :) you never know though!
Melimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2015 at 9:16pm
Hi everyone, we have 3 lovely boys aged 5,3 and nearly 1. We definitely want to have a 4th. We haven't used contraception with any of them, and are doing the same this time, baby will come when he/she comes. Af hasn't arrived yet, I am expecting it to arrive soon and then its going to exciting waiting to see if I am pregnant every month. This is the first time I haven't been obsessed with getting pregnant, so it will be kind of nice to just enjoy the ttc process. Is anyone else waiting for a/f so they can ttc?
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 12:36pm
welcome Melimum :) how exciting to be trying for your 4th! I'm two and a bit weeks away from finishing my last pill packet, but we're not going to be TTC until July. Good luck with not obsessing over it all, I have a feeling I won't be as relaxed as last time as I have been waiting so long :D
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2015 at 10:33am
Ohh getting close for a few of you for the TTC to commence! I'm excited for you! Our baby turned 1 yesterday & we've already packed away all his baby clothes & today packed away his activity centre & jumperoo so quite emotional & making me very clucky! Also have 3x friends having babies this year & 3x ladies in my FB due group are all already prego again! I'm enjoying things being a bit easier now (I found pregnancy & the first 3-6 months of having a baby really hard) so its nice that we're in a bit more of a groove at the moment. I'm trying to just focus on enjoying this time before the chaos his again haha. Hows everyone else doing??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 776777778779780 786>