FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly/August 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 59>
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:00pm

Our weather is weird. Its been raining all day and feels like comfort food and then around 4pm it fines up and gets hot and you dont feel like cooking anymore....this happens nearly every time we have colder or wet weather.  Its gorgeous outside now.  I actually want a cold day!

Sponsored Links

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:56pm

Well I ended up getting an iron injection while I was at the Dr.  I have to have one every week for 4 weeks, then fortnightly for about a month, then will check the levels again.  It was only $3.70 for the iron injection pack, and will be $5 for the nurse to do it, so I thought that was affordable.  And it only hurt for 5 mins afterwards.  I hope I start feeling better soon.  I know I'm always tired, but know having 3 kids and a house contributes to it.  My levels were at 8, when minimum they should be 20, or up to 200.

Oh and the Dr had got the results back from Jett's egg allergy blood test, and it was moderate positive!  So he's definitely allergic to egg, and she will get him tested in 6 months time as they do tend to grow out of it. 

I got my mum to look after the kids while I was out so then she stayed for dinner as Dh is working out of town and staying overnight.  We had Spag Bol!!!  Haha, I normally cook it if Dh isn't eating with us, as he doesn't normally like it, and I do, plus its quick and easy to cook!  Jett loves it too.

Hi Melln!  Nice to have you pop in.  Hows you and Bree?

Mel sounds like your trip was enjoyable, despite the sad occasion.  I'm sure your grandad would've been very happy with his send off, it sounds like it was perfect.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 6:22pm
Yikes, those iron jabs don't sound like fun...may I ask why you don't like taking the iron tablets? I am always anaemic too but got on to taking organic iron everyday. Then when my MW said it was STILL low she put me on to the ferragradument + folic. I'm usually against taking the ferragrad because it constipates me something wicked, but I haven't had any problems with these ones, so am very happy and will keep taking them for awhile...

Bella has to have a blood test tomorrow The CF paeditrician wrote out a form because I said I would rather know one way or the other than be constantly worried about it. I feel bad that Bella has to have blood taken for it, but at least we will know where we stand with her (i.e. whether she is just a carrier or has it herself). Not quite sure what I will do if she does have it - I'd be devastated I think...Also, the paed said he was pretty sure Junior will need surgery to have a bowel resection + colostomy when hes born as blocked bowels are a very common feature of the gene that he has...At least I know of all the paed surgeons and they are fantastic.

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 6:24pm
hi mellin
hows bree?

hi mel glad the trip was ok & the plane & everything

yes christmas is sneeking up so dam fast!!
and as our pay day falls on a thursday we dont get pait untill the following week!!!! GUTTEDDDDD

so is anyone going away for xmas or new year??
i have no idea what we are doing

hi shell
nikki

jessica i hope lachie gets better soon hope you dont catch it!!

hi italiah, where do you get the iron injection packs from??
my doc said shes suprised i can even get out of bed with how low my levels are but shes never said anything about a iron injection

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 6:25pm
hope bellas bloods go well tomorrow shell!

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 7:04pm

GOod luck with Bella's bloods Shell. I am sure she will be ok but it would be good for her to know if shes a carrier.  I guess there is a pretty high chance she is a carrier.

I have just stopped my iron tablets as I cant stand what they are doing to my bowels.  One day I'm constipated and the next runny as.  Its awful and it hurts too much to do them (pelvic floor is weak and sore).  I have had the injections once before and I would prefer them too.  Will see how I go after the birth.  I might ask for an iron test while I am in hospital incase I need another transfusion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 7:37pm

Shell, I just can't swallow pills.  Anything bigger than the contraceptive pill just won't go down.  I know it's all in my head, but I can't get over it.  I just gag on them.  And the liquid iron is gross and I'm never good at remembering to take it, I get lazy.  The injection is put just above the butt cheek. 

Cat I got the script from my Dr.  I recommend getting the injections if you can't or don't like taking the pills.  I've never had it offered to me to get it this way before either, even when my iron was low when I was pg my MW didn't tell me about it.  And it goes straight into your blood stream so you don't need to take extra Vit C to help absorb it.

My SIL arrives on Sunday to stay for 10 days, so we'll have MIL and probably SFIL over for most of the time she is here too.  Though I think they're going to clean up around the house as it'll be good.  I just know I'll probably get annoyed with MIL being here taking over.  Otherwise no plans to go away, Dh will be working between Stats too I think.

Shell, I hope Bella's ok with the blood test.  Jett was fine, but every child is different.  And I hope her results come back clear!  And poor baby boy with having to have those surgeries, but at least you know and trust the paeds and you know he'll be better for it.  By the way.... any ideas on boys names?

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 1:21pm

Hey guys. We are good! I've been a tad distracted these last few weeks aye, so i havent been on much. Briahna is still her same old self lol. Starting to talk more and show off alot, she loves to dance for people.

Ive actually been seeing someone which is totally weird!

Have been spending all my time at the beach and stuff so its been fun, loving the nice weather! And ive fully fallen in love with the Mount! Its awesome!

Right now bree, my friend and I are stuck in Auckland till payday (tomorrow). We came at the last minute on sat for a party.

Then im back up again for christmas! Grr! I hate the trip from tga to aucks!

Hope everyone is well. Sorry i havnt really had much time to read all your posts, but i will try at some point!!

Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 12:13pm
hi melanie - ohhh seeing someone thats cool, hows he with bree?
i love the mt too we were over there the other day and dh is in tga today and ill be over there on sat too.

well the evil aunt arrives AGAIN on sunday and sunday is sarahs 6th birthday!!

aaaggghhhh christmas is creeping up so fast!
and i have so much to do
havnt even had time to put up the dam tree yet!!

mums house is being auctioned at 1pm today so everyone cross your fingers!
ill put up a link

http://www.harcourts.co.nz/listing/details.do?rul=%2Fsearch%2Fprocess.do%3Fpg%3D3%26ts%3D175086713%26con%3Ds_gaustin&id=448836

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 1:44pm

Yay!  School's out for summer!!  haha.

Wow Cat your mum's house is awesome!  Hope it sells.  Where will she move to?  Love the pool - I would love a pool!  grrr about the evil aunt though.

Melln, sounds like things are going great with you.  Must be nice for you to have a man back in your life!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 1:56pm
Nice house, Cat! What an outlook!

Got Bella's bloods done this morning. She wasn't too bad - she was more upset that she was being held against her will by 2 strangers to get the blood! All was forgotten after.

We went to the mall after to get our last Xmas shopping and it was packed at 10am I'm so glad I don't need to go out shopping anymore, just our last big grocery shop next Monday.

Italiah, are you feeling better?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 2:05pm

Glad Bella was ok getting bloods Shell. 

I'm feeling ok.  I think due to AF arriving, and my tiredness, things get on top of me sometimes.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 4:22pm
and . . . SOLD FOR $524,500.00

Mum was stoked and rather emotional, so was i in the end seems it was where i lived my entire life.
mum wanted geoff &i to move in and her into our place but its REALLY not kid friendly.

shes been living at my aunts for a while now to look after her so with the loss of her teaching income and having to pay for the upkeep on her house etc it was just a bit much and wayyyy to big for her now.
so i think she will have a look around at the start of the year, there was no morgage or anything so shes stoked

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 7:04pm
Yay!  That's great Cat - and for a good price too! 
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 9:28pm
Hi girls! it's been a while.. I have missed popping in so tonight I thought why not & couldn't remember my password so had to have it emailed heehee..

hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season so far & your wee families are doing ok

I am stoked to see I have popped to see a couple of you counting down - good luck with mummies to be!! xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 9:34pm
Hello Justme!!  Wow it's been like........ forever!!!  So nice of you to say hi, how are you and Ethan doing?!?!?
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 12:35am
hey anouska!! I t has been ages huh? We're all doing really well. Ethan has a wee tummy bug but worst of it is over

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 1:49pm
Bella had a wee boo-boo last night. We bought a fireguard to protect her from the fire in the lounge, just put it in the lounge, but it still wasn't fixed to the wall (but its pretty damned heavy) Anyway, little miss determined thought it was fun to try and hang off it, which of course we told her 'no' several times. Just when I'm home alone and turn my back for a split second, she tries it again, only this time she manages to pull the whole thing down on herself and it landed with a crash right on her 4 little fingers on her left hand.

As you can imagine, she was pretty upset, but seemed to settle after lots of cuddles and slept fine through the night. However, said finger was still sore and swollen this morning, so we took her to the after hours and low and behold she has fractured one of her fingers!! Only a small crack, but still...I get the feeling Bella is going to be the kind of child that is going to have lots of injuries because her determination and inquisitiveness get her into trouble!!

She is fine, she just has to have the finger strapped and will see the orthopedic guys soon to double check its OK.

Drama over for now and she is sleeping!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 1:50pm
And hi justme, glad you and Ethan are well

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 4:59pm
hi justme!! good to hear you 2 are ok

where is everyone hiding

kandice hope everythings ok with you

lol italiah yes jett climbs onto the table, usually he will drag the beanbag over or sarahs little chair to help him get up but . . he also climbs onto the dining room chairs and onto the dining room table and thinks its funny to sit in the middle of it.

sarahs 6th birthday tomorrow!!
we are going out for lunch
but . . my eftpos card got swallowed up by a machine today

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 59>