FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked5W Do You Think It Helped?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5W Do You Think It Helped?????
    Posted: 28 October 2008 at 11:17am

Hi there

I know this question has probably been asked but I'd like to know Who's used the 5W caps, either on their own or in conjuction with something else eg: EPO, RLT.

At how many weeks did you start the 5W and how long after starting them did you actually go into labour?

Do you think it was the 5W that helped you or maybe just coincidence or just dont know?

I've gone overdue with my last 6 pregnancies, so Im wanting to gather info about these things so I know weather it's worth me spending money to try these things out or maybe Im just prone to going overdue and nothings gonna really help me out anyway...

Any suggestions and comments would be great thanks...

Sponsored Links

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 11:39am
I took 5W from 5 weeks before I was due - and was induced at 9 days overdue...

Hard, pretty fast labour with 2hrs of pushing, stitches etc...

I'm not convinced they helped and so probably won't try them this time around...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 1:27pm
I put clary sage oil in the bath the day after I was due - and my waters broke about 10mins after getting out of the bath - so thats my tip for going into labour fast!!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
MorgansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorgansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 1:49pm
I took 5w from about 36 wks and all though I was 2 days overdue my labour was really short and easy to handle not sure if it was the 5w or just a conicadence (sp) but hey it sure cant hurt lol
Morgan, Libby

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 2:04pm
I started 5W tablets from 36 weeks and was induced at 38 weeks due to PE. My induction went very smoothly and my cervix was very favourable even though I was induced 2 weeks early.

Not sure if it was because of the 5W but will be taking them next time around.

solitairediamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solitairediamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 3:34pm
Oooh I really hadn't thought seriously about trying this stuff but the comments sound promising! So I should be thinking about starting the 5W soon then if I'm going to... When do you start that raspberry leaf tea stuff? Are they both supposed to do the same kind of thing?
[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/9p2jp12.png [IMG]
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 3:40pm
I used them on their own about five weeks before my due date (or whatever it tells you to do on the label).

Caleb arrived after a one hour labour, eight days early.

It worked for me.
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 3:54pm
I used them from 35 weeks and went into labour naturally at 38 weeks and the longest labour in the world and ended up with a c section!

They might have bought on labour early for me, but they certainly didn't help to make it a quick one
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 8:18pm
Ok so reading through ive picked up that 5w is a tablet but what is it?
VannesaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VannesaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 9:59pm
I started taking it at 35 wks - but struggle to remember to take it 3x daily. Recommendations are to start during the last 5 wks of pregnancy and to take 2 capsules with a meal three x daily.

It has the following in it:
- Black Cohosh root
- Squaw Vine Herb
- Dong Quai root
- Butchers Broom root
- Red Raspberry Leaves

When I went to the health shop for the raspberry leaf tea the practioner there said the 5w was more efficient that the tea on its own - didn't taste as revolting as the tea and contained additional herbs which were also good for toning the uterus.

Can't say if it will work yet - still have 2 weeks to go - but can say it seemed to increase the freqency and intensity of the BH - when I was taking 6 capsules a day anyway.

Hope that helps.

xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 8:01am

VannesaD I've heard that it does increase the intensity & frequency of the BH's so that sounds very promising. Best of luck with your upcoming birth.

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 8:21am
Hey. I used 5W and Raspberry Leaf tea from 35 weeks. I didn't think they encouraged early/on time labour though, more that they help with preparation for your body and recovery afterwards. I think they worked for me because my body bounced back pretty quickly. I was induced at 41 wks due to leaking amniotic fluid and had 3 1/2 hrs from drip going in to Lily coming out. I tried homeopathic induction pills (from health 2000) twice and got some serious contractions after having acupressure. my floors got scrubbed every day and i spent hours dancing around the lounge to loud music! I would have tried anything but castor oil!!! good luck :)

Edited by maysie

Post Reply Post Reply