FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in August 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 364365366367368 833>
Author
Nix21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nix21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:32am
Crap just wrote a post and then lost it.

Congrats Livs Mum beautiful name!

Well, had an awesome night last night - the moon must have aligned for a few of us. Fed at 10, she slept for four hours, fed at 2 another four hours and then 6 and she is still asleep now what a good girl she is today! Ah the ups and downs of sleeping, Well I am now off to be pampered at the hairdressers.

PS: I am going to get DH a massage voucher for fathers day - then it means I can get one without feeling too guilty!
Nix
Sponsored Links

Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:44am
Love the name Alessandra - congrats Livs_mum

I think my plug is now coming away, noticed some jelly-like stuff last night just before bed. And very crampy yesterday evening and through the night. In fact quite achy now round the lower back. DH has an uncanny ability to accurately state things like the time when he can't see a clock, or arrival times on long journeys and he has said all along that this baby will be bang on due date because he has "accurate sperm".... Will have to wait and see just how right he is lol!!

At antenatal last night one of the liaison/assistant people was sitting there quite happily and calmly timing her contractions!!

Hope today goes well for Danny and Aquarius - and maybe a walk will get that boy moving for you Megan!! Hope so.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:14am
Congrats Liv's mum!

Good luck Dani and Tanya

Thanks Jules, you are right I will try for the VBAC..I will regret it if I dont I think..plus even if I do end up having to have an emergency CS, it wont be as traumatic as my one with Caden.

Im still feeling yuck today, still have a sore throat Woke up with a tummy ache, but thats gone now.
DH and I have a busy few days a head of us as we are moving back to the flat at mum and dads this weekend! YAY! I wanted to go back this weekend incase I do end up with the elective CS, as I will have heaps more help there, plus when im in hospital DH will have more help with Caden as mum and dad are right there, and that makes me feel heaps better about leaving my little monkey.
So, today I gotta go suss out somr box's and start packing! I have no idea where the heck to start!

On the blocked nose thing, Ive had that this entire pregnancy. Ive never heard of it being a labour thing but I know its a general pregnancy symptom.

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:14am
Humph! Now I'm grumpy - although completely ecstatic for you Gardengirl - this is sucking big time. I can just see that I'll end up getting induced at hospital which is like 2 things I want to avoid like the plague. While we're at it - let's through in an emergency c-section. That will just make my freakin' day! Arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

That's it - I'm going to go out and get my feijoa smoothie, go see the vet to see if we can get some more eye drops for Maggie without having to have her do a full check up (how much you want to bet they can't...) and then I might have a pity party while drinking too much feijoa smoothie and watching Sex & The City.

And did I mention, we left the windown on the back of the truck down the other week and with the wind all this rain went in the back - which is where the dogs travel and then the sun baked it all into a disgusting sweaty, musty smelling mess. We've been airing it out for days and it won't go. Have to sprinkle more baking soda in there today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:18am
Ive been losing that jelly like stuff for weeks Still no baby...

Megan, I will slap you girl lol! Stop with the negative thoughts You will be fine hun!! Either way, as long as that boy of yours gets here safe and sound thats all that matters in the end . I know your frustrated and totally over it, I know just how you feel and it sucks.
But try to think positive Dont start thinking emergency C Sections just yet

Edited by Sheza

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:20am
I know, I know, I know...but I fluctuate from negative to positive. Yesterday was a good day. Today's not such a good day. Feijoa smoothie will make me feel better so, by god, that's where I'm headed!

Will be good to see MW tomorrow - hopefully will make it seem like things are going somewhere.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:24am
Just keep doing things that make you feel better Thats what I do! hence why I got two massive blocks of chocolate yesterday lol

Yeah hopefully your S&S will kick start something aye

Edited by Sheza

Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:32am
Don't be that ecstatic Megan - like Shena says, that jelly stuff doesn't mean anything's necessarily going to happen soon. I'm hopeful, but certainly not convinced lol! Although I like the idea of DH having prompt and timely sperm lol!

I think your boy will surprise you, none of this endless niggly symptoms, just wham - look out Mum, get in that birthing pool cos I'm a-coming!!
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:40am
Thanks for advice on breast milk, will give that a shot!

Megan, hope your wee man arrives soon. Try to enjoy the time to yourself while you can (I know it sounds like lame advice at the moment when you just want to hold your boy!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:43am
Thats what I think to Allison! I really hate all this niggly stuff...cramps, increased CM, loose BM's yadda yadda, they all can mean labour and then again it can just be an end of pregnancy thing.
I would rather have no niggles what so ever and then just- "heelloooo baby!". The niggles give you false hope lol.

Thats why Im telling myself everytime I ahve some niggles "Its nothing" lol so i dont get my hopes up!.

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:52am
I'm guessing it'll be a wham, bam thank you ma'am sort of thing as well. To be honest - that's fine with me. The constant weeks of exhausting symptoms sounds horrible!

Sheena - do you reckon it'll just be you and me pretty soon!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:03am
hehe who knows!

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:48am
Congratulations Livs_mum, And good luck to all the overdue girls I hope something happens for you all soon!!

Smurfling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:00pm
I just got home from the MW, Baby is still posterior so she's leant me a book on correct positioning which she said other mothers have found helpful. Hopefully if I do what it tells me this little girl will roll over! Had a scan just after that, and she is approximately 7 pounds 5 ounces, and has a head circumference of 32.5cm's. I don't know if that is average or what, but my Mum was there with me and mentioned that I was only 6 pound 10 ounces at birth, so she is supposedly bigger than I was! I know the scan sizes aren't necessarily accurate though

Proud Mummy of Kaia (age 6), Ridley (age 5), and Charlie (age 14months).
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:04pm
Well, I'm back with my feijoa smoothie which is great.
I went to the vet and they won't give Maggie more eye drops without seeing her (as I suspected) and as much as I love here I can't justify spending $80 to get her a check up just to get her some eye drops. On top of the fact that they will probably notice she has yeast on her skin - which we keep well under control with Apple Cider Vinegar but which they would want to give us a $60 prescription for a yeast medicine we've tried before that didn't work. So I passed on that. I started crying on the way home though over the whole thing - hormones have a lot to answer for today!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:48pm
Getitng on your hands and knee's and stuff is good for turning posterior babies and sitting on a chair backwards etc. Hope bubs turns for ya!

Megan that sucks vets are so bloody expensive aye!

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:55pm
Tell me about it! I don't think I've ever escaped for less than $100. Plus our big boy Frank has an intolerance to chicken. Try to find a dog food that's not mostly chicken!! So we have to buy him the expensive science diet - which has chicken but only a small amount so he can handle it. :(

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:57pm
I may have had like the worst lunch ever: huge glass of feijoa smoothie, spicy bhuja mix, and then a bowl containing 3 mini donuts, ice cream and chocolate sauce...Bubs seems to enjoy it though!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:03pm
lmao, that sounds like a good lunch to me!!

My brother just went up the road to get us mc donalds mmm

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:40pm
well, talk about wham, bam, thank you ma'am. My waters just broke....AND - they are pink!!!! Come on homebirth!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 364365366367368 833>