FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGRRRR to heartburn!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GRRRR to heartburn!!!
    Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:27am
I need to rant....

Heartburn is driving me insane, all the books say that you should eat small meals to avoid heartburn...if i ate any less or smaller meals i would fade away!!!
I love milanta but its just not cutting the mustard anymore, anyone else got any ideas?
Sponsored Links

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:34am
Ummm... I found if I had some icecream or a glass of milk it would help, especially if I ate/drank it slowly.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:38am
Yeh that used to work but its past its time for me now lol i burp and i have heartburn mylanta works for about 10 mins lol
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:43am
i feel for you jess!! i had it bad with jack too and it got to the point where nothing worked
i can feel it coming on now too
sorry i'm not much help, hopefully these lovely ladies can help you

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 11:05am
So far milk is all that works for me too.....or ice-cream...though my SIL was saying that while it does relieve the sensation it actually doesn't help the digestion or something....I don't know...personally....if it works and stops the burning I'll do it! *lol*

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 11:42am
Have a warm drink of water about 20 mins before you eat and some Mylanta..Apparently it settles your stomach and helps digestion the other way??

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 2:09pm
I'm at the same stage with mylanta, works for 10 mins then the heart burn is back with avengence! I find that sucking an ice cube (or lemonade iceblock ) works until I can take the next dose of mylanta
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 2:53pm
Im sucking on a mcdonalds milkshake at the moment i figure the amount of phlem it leaves should stop any burning for awhile LOL
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 3:11pm
My MW gave me some arrow?? tabs to take and they worked a treat for the heartburn. Ask if there is anything she can give you.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 6:46pm
Try Titralac tablets, I think you have to request this especially from the chemist though, but I have found them REALLY good for my heartburn, which has been pretty bad lately too.
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 6:49pm
Yes! titralac! i was practically overdosing on those by the end of my pregnancy....taste way better than mylanta i reckon .
robyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 6:51pm
You can get titralac from the chemist or your midwife should be able to prescribe it for you. Ice cream, milk mylanta etc will all help.
KOBE born 19 March 2004

Alan & Bubbles Mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan & Bubbles Mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 8:14pm
oh my gosh mine has been drivign me nuts lately too I use gaverscon (sp?) it works best for me.

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 8:40pm
I am going to get my midwife to prescribe some Titralac for me, and in the meantime am chomping on some Quickeze.

Edited to add: This whole heartburn / reflux thing is getting worse too, and makes me want to chuck - IF I manage to eat anything *sigh*

Edited by jax

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 8:47pm
EW heartburn was sooo yucky - i didn't have too many problems with paris, but when preg with Ayja it was terrible! i found at night was when it was worst - so slept with a couple more pillows to be a bit more upright. (although with that and the pillows for the SPD i was surrounded by pillows by the end of preg and mike slept in his 1 inch of bed lol) another good thing to try is to make sure you aren't getting up and about straight after eating - give it a good amount of time to settle. also while milk etc is great to stop it sometimes, taking a look at what you're eating can help - spicy stuff etc can make it really bad. but in the end - it's just one of those annoying horrible things... In a years time you'll be in my situation sitting back trying to remember how you got thru it.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 9:02pm
Oh My Goodness.
After reading through all this and thinking earlier today how lucky I have been this time round as last time was bloody awful...I sat at work with terrible heartburn and indigestion.

The only thing different I had eaten was Onions!!!

No more onions for me!

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 6:46am
My Heartburn was really bad to the point I was constantly in pain 24/7! I went to my doctor and she prescribed me Losec (omeprazole) and low and behold they worked! definatly worth a shot.
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:16am
I've had Losec before for when the excess adrenalin my body was producing from stress was turning into acid and eating my stomach lining and I couldn't eat (sorry if TMI!), but I didn't think it was safe for pregnancy? I realise your doctor prescribed it for you, but I was told they would give me something else if I'd thought I was pregnant at the time (thankfully wasn't).

Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:57am
Oh i feel for all of you, i haven't experience any heartburn yet, my friend had it really bad and she just drank alot of milk and popped quickeze, but i spose your've tried all that.

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
tafs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tafs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:20am
My midwife suggested I try eating a couple of almonds each time my heartburn strikes and it does help heaps! So you may want to give them a go. She also reccomended that I had a couple before each meal. You need to suck on them a little so they release their goodness'y stuff.

I have found it is working really well. I also sleep a bit more propped up now to which helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>