FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedflea bombs safe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flea bombs safe?
    Posted: 08 January 2009 at 7:11am
We have fleas even though our cats and dog were de-flead with frontline just before christmas! and the dog got a new bed for christmas!

Myself and DH havent got any bite but Jayden has quite a few probably because hes on the floor (on a rug) all day! Ive moved the dogs bed away from where he plays and will re flea the cats when the 6 weeks is up but I dont want ayden being attacked anymore!

so - can you use flea bombs with babies? (I know you have to leave the house for a certain amount of time) but Im worried about the residue and what we cant see in the air etc, I would take all his toys and things that go in his mouth out of the house!

Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting rid of the horrid things? or recommend a good bomb brand?

thanks for any help!
[/url]
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 7:22am
Personally I wouldn't, but then I'm not overly keen on anything like that anyway and wouldn't use them even without a baby in the house.

As they can't live on their hosts anymore, they can only live on the cats and dogs and not on you guys they will die out soon enough. All I would do is vacuum a lot especially the rug, and also they tend to hang at the edges of the carpet by the skirting boards (if you have carpets) and in sofas if they aren't leather.

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 7:27am
no help here, as we have the same problem! (and de-flea'd our cat about the same time you did)....will be good to hear replies!

i have been washing Nat's blankets etc in hot water to make sure any nasty fleas that make it there die a horrible death lol!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 9:21am
I dont see why not, as long as you stay out of the house until its all settled and like you said just make sure all of Jaydens toys and mats etc are well away from where the bomb is going to be set then when you get home just wipe everything down and vacuume. Or maybe ring a place that does flea killing and stuff and see what they say and whether they have kid/baby safe products.

Edited by Sheza

Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 9:12am
I don't have a baby yet but we had the same problem. I'm highly allergic to insect bites. We used two raid flea bombs in our 3 bedroom house. One in the lounge/kitchen the other in the middle of the hall way where all the bedrooms are. We took all the plants out side and anything else that I didn't want to have to get contaminated. We left the house for 3 hours and returned there was no smell and we made sure that all the windows and doors where open. We vacuumed the house and then emptied the vacuum cleaner. In the mean time DH was de fleaing the cats. We have had no problems since. Its been a horrid year for flea's and we live near water as well.

Hope this helps.
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 10:05am
i moved everything thing out of his room and covered everything else got rid of him for a week and bombed and let it seetttle enough so it wouldnt affect him....................doing it again before this baby due :)
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 1:21pm
We've done this too as once fleas get into carpet etc it's hard to get rid of them. DD was older though and I think we did it as we were staying over night somewhere.

I do it, as long as you stay away for recommened time and cover everything up of baby's.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 4:43pm

we de flea the house with a bomb at christmas we went away and set it off then when we got back we opened all the windows and doors dh vacummed (I know what a catch) and we sat outside with ryuan for a hour or so just to be sure. we used that no bugs safe for children stuff. you know the add with the little girl with a dog for a baby.
I thijk we had to be out of the house for 3 hours while it did it's thing.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

KateMiddle224622 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateMiddle224622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 4:02am
I use flea bomb one time and it's help for me. For my pet we use special shampoo and then buy flea collar.
IsaacMunyiri225703 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsaacMunyiri225703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 12:23am
From my experience, flea bombs are safe. However, you can also use other alternative like vinegar and diatomacious earth.
 Post Reply Post Reply