FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedacupuncture to induce labour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: acupuncture to induce labour
    Posted: 07 April 2009 at 7:05pm
desperate to hear form anyone who has had success with this. when can you start using it, does it actually work etc... im desperate not to have this baby late and as natural as possible for a variety of reasons so any info would be amazing. thanks :)

Sponsored Links

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:23pm
Hi Monikah..

I didn't personally use acupuncture but my MW swears by it. Apart from sexy times, acupuncture was the only thing that she was willing to recommend that I have..

I went over by 8 days and took castor oil... (I wouldn't have, but at an internal two days before, MW told me I was 3cm dialated & baby was at +2 station, so definetly ready to come and I was soooo over waiting)

Anyway, MW says she has had many successes with acupuncture, although baby really has to be ready to come, eg engaged, cervix favourable. If I were you, I would probably wait till just after your due date, have internal & stretch & sweep and go from there.. Probably would be pointless to do it if baby isn't ready, IYKWIM... its not exactly cheap

Anyway, hope that helps, good luck with everything... and my tip... use that gas girlfriend... I fell in love with it!!!

Edited by anna_bana
Shorty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:22am
I used accupuncture with my boy.
First as he was Breech, it worked overnight, I continued going and had induction needles at 39 weeks 6 days. I was told it would only work if baby is ready....well we were both ready
I loved accupuncture and now swear by it.

I have since had it for Endo and PCOS, and has helped me regulate my cycles a lot more.

I was told we spent a lot of money on birthdays and funerals but what about pregnancy and birth.....and I hadn't spent money, so this was my treat and it was welll worth every cent.
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:00am

I never did acupuncture but I used acupressure and Michaela came early.  The massager I saw was trained by Debra Betts but you can also download an accupressure guide (by Debra Betts) from the internet and this shows you the pressure points to induce labour and also the pressure points to help with pain relief during labour.

Here's the link:  http://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/downloads/Acupressure.pdf

Edited by MrsMojo
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:02pm
I had acupuncture with both of my children, and went into labour pretty much the following day. In saying that, the cervix was favourable in both instances. I was lucky as my MW did it for me.
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
RubyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:28pm
Maybe try these guys

http://www.cityacupuncture.co.nz/?page_id=6
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 5:25pm
Yeah my MW told me the same thing as what Jezsika just said, they wont come until they are good and ready no matter what you do.
While I was overdue, I had a s&s, ate curry, had sex, use EPO went for HUGE walks and jumped round like an idiot, but Caden didnt want to arrive, I was 13 days over due by the time he was born

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 6:15pm
im looking more at getting him to engage more than anything. im really hung up on as little medical help as possible because i wont have internals til im in labour (so s&s out of the picture) and i wont stay in hospital either (both because of really severe panic/anxiety issues) so as much getting him ready to arrive as possible is my aim. my sisters pelveis was too small so at least if i know he fits ill feel alot better IYKWIM. and the closer i can get him out to his due date the more chance he'll fit maybe? im grasping at straws to be honest but willing to try dam near anything. lol

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:05pm
Swimming is meant to be good for getting bubs into a good position, I did a lot of swimming when Caden went breech and it got him around and engage again.
He was almost fully engaged from 35 weeks, but was still nearly 2 weeks overdue

I think trying things to help you yourself relax would be good, and would probably help bubs aswell But its definitely a "They come when they are ready" thing. A lot of babies don't engage until you go into labour, and also just because they aren't engaged doesn't mean you wont go into labour on time or even early.

When you go into labour they can give you a S&S during a internal, I had one while in labour and it got me from 4.5 to 6cm dilated on the spot!

TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:53pm
Monikah, I'm already getting acupuncture, partly to help with other discomforts and also to prepare my system or something. I'm having it from an acupuncturist who is also a midwife. So basically I'd suggest you make an appointment with someone and start things moving.
TTC #2
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 10:30pm
If your worried about baby not fitting try and keep you pelvis as open as possible. A good position for this is standing, lifting your bum up and kinda pushing your tummy out and rocking your hips. When your pushing stay off your tail bone (don't be lying flat on your back) as this can lock your tail bone into place, whereas if your off it your tail bone has room to move out of the way.

Good luck.

dbscott165182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbscott165182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 4:46am
If you want other alternative, you may try castor oil for labor induction. It is also effective for inducing your labor. Of course, better talk with your doctor for further information.
jackiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 10:42pm
hi
   Many people who try acupressure — usually through a vigorous massage — do it along with modern medical practices. But it’s not uncommon for acupressure to be used as a standalone treatment.
Many post-term moms-to-be will turn to alternative medicine to help induce labor if they want to avoid medical induction. And one popular method among moms is acupressure.

thanks

Expressive Therapy For Depression
marley220779 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marley220779 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 7:14pm
I have heard about this, but not sure if this is effective enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply