FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 1019>
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:10pm
Lol Anouska, Crazy stuff my midwife is on holiday at the moment too and I next see her on the 9th aswell, lol sorry I find that quite cool for some reason (total geek that I am) I'm gunna mention to my midwife that I was gutted to not find out the sex and see if she offers another scan but probably wont ask for one I feel bad coz I have had four already this pregnancy!!

Hope everything is good with your fibroids Ann, and go you domestic goddess!

Ugh anyone else starting to get heartburn? When I woke up with the earthquake last night I had it realllly bad and now am starting to get it again, Doesn't go well with the MS, can't I just have one or the other (or even neither )

Sponsored Links

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:19pm
bexandantz heartburn has hit me with an absolute vengeance over the last week. I spoke to my mw about it yesterday (more complaing about it than anything because I know there's nothing she can do) she offered to prescribe liquid gaviscone but I already take gaviscone and quickeeze and it only stops for a while then returns so I didn't bother.

My peeing is also getting really bad again - the people in my building who see me walking to the toilet 20 times a day must think I have serious issues.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:28pm
Aww no Emma, I'm sad to hear you are getting it real bad too I will have to pick up something for my heartburn at some stage where I actually brave leaving the house.

I have however been reaaally lucky with the peeing thing! I haven't had to get up to pee in the middle of the night yet *touch wood*

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by 3rdtimelucky 3rdtimelucky wrote:

ok i am ROASTING hot! this is my third summer pregnancy and i really feel the heat. walking round (or should i say waddling - yes the waddle has started already too!) in a bra and shorts!
i too have been a little more productive than of late. got some washing done and went to the library to pick up some books to read!

i have a friend who has fibroids and she had no issues with them, but having said that she has diabetes, so got scanned lots and had c-sections. so i guess it depends on where they are and how big they get as to how much to worry about them! hope yours behave themselves and don't cause you any more stress!

uuuugh roll on 22 weeks when i am seeing my MW next! i want a growth scan! damn it! hahaha. i want lots of them!

11boys vs. 6 girls...for ONCE i am on the winning team

I too am high risk for GD as had it with Rhyley so i am talking myself into the fact i may have to have another ceasar which I really don't want - I would love Dh to experience a Natural birth (Josh and Brooke are his step kids)and Brooke really wanted to be there too! I just dont want all these hopes for a VBAC and then be told towards the end - sorry you have to have a ceasar!!

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:36pm
bexandantz I find quickeeze works much better than gaviscone and nicer to take (chewy rather than chalky). In saying that though, I took gaviscone around 3pm and it's working (touch wood). My mw gave me a list of things to eat and not to eat so I'll try much harder to avoid the "bad" foods from now on.

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:41pm
yuck heartburn I remember it well - so far haven[t got it but I will - always do!

I see my midwife on the 10th of sept - must admit the visits seem to come up pretty fast - its september next week - I rememberr saying that when it was august and that didnt seem almost a month ago.

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:47pm
Chickaboo I know what you mean re time flying - I can't believe August has whipped by so fast!! 90% of my job revolves around Christmas (that sounds weird lol) so all year I work towards Christmas and I have people telling me oh not long now till December and it freaks me out a bit!

Edited by MrsEmma

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:47pm

I just spent $110 that we dont have on that PP site - DF is going to kill me  But 10 items for that price, how could I not.

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:48pm
Cool Hope2Be, did you buy baby things or maternity things?

Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:16pm
i've had really bad heartburn since the beginning :(

I haven't been avoiding any foods, but i have icecream, or chocolate milk before bed, hehe.
I also bought Titralac which worked for awhile.

I think it comes on if I haven't eaten for a couple of hours, which is a pain cos I'm not hungry but I can feel it coming on now.

Congrats on all of the healthy scans!!! I'm getting so excited now. I can't wait until summer, I feel like lying in the sun, eating tzatziki chips and guacamole, and a new baby would be nice too :)

Edited by Lizze

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:19pm

10 items?!?!  That's great.  I only had about 6-7 items in my shopping basket and that was well over $100.  So had to delete some things off the list.  Haven't actually bought anything yet though.

I'm so bored.  Mum just came over and brought my washing in and folded it, so that's one job outta the way.  Dh has gone to a meeting with a paint rep, hope it doesnt' go on too late!  He asked if we should do something with the kids tonight - what, I don't know!  What do you do with kids their age on a Friday night?  Could take them to McDonalds.  Would rather get takeaways, put the kids to bed, then curl up and watch ANTM and A.I.!!

Ick, heartburn.  I have it right now.  So annoying.  I do have liquid mylanta I can take, but doesn't always do the trick.  I find mylanta tablets are good.  Same as the liquid stuff I guess!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:23pm
So what sort of things should you avoid? I had cheese before bed could that be what caused it... funnily enough I had ice cream before bed but still woke up with it real bad lol!

I'm looking forward to summer, my maternity leave happens to last from start of summer to end of summer though I'm sure for awhile I will be too tired and busy to enjoy it!

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:27pm
Foods to avoid are fatty/greasy foods, tomatoes (the acid free ones are fine) acidic foods like lemons & oranges, spicy food, chocolate.
And milk/yoghurt is supposed to be good after meals to stop it coming on.

Edited by MrsEmma

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:31pm

haha, I just ate chocolate now.  I thought it has milk in it, shouldn't cause heartburn. Ahh, wrong!  I have icecream after dinner too, as I always get heartburn after tea.  Icecream settles it though.  And I get it when I'm hungry too.  Can't win.

Also when mum came around she bought me 2 packs newborn nappies.  I haven't even bought any myself yet!  And she offered to have G & J on Monday for the morning, sounds good to me!  And she'll bring dinner over on Tuesday night since Dh is away again from Monday til Sunday.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:34pm
Aww Italiah lol re the chocolate - I have a sweet tooth at the moment and crave chocolate which is unusual and now annoying seeing as it's bad for hb. I also crave sour things like lemons, sour skittles/lollies and pickled things like gherkins which I assume wouldn't be good either. So there we go - I'll have to suffer with hb or suffer not giving into my cravings. Fab!

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:42pm
Bex - I am looking forward to Maternity leave too - I leave at the beginning of dec (as using 4 weeks annual leave) and don't go back till the middle of June so all summer and autumn at home

Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:45pm
coke helps get rid of it too :)

clemsontiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clemsontiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:55pm
Why do all these people care so much what the sex is when you have a healthy baby??? They need to hush up.

I've had a helluva time getting this site to work today and now I'm very behind.

When I have heartburn I love eating Tums. Only I'm not sure what they call Tums here in NZ ... I think generic name is calcium carbonate.

I have to stay far far away from greasy foods or the baby (rather belly) blows up like huge nasty gas balloon and slowly deflates all night long.
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:56pm
Aaah so lots of the yummy foods Typical lol! Milk is amazing... I normally have at least one glass of milk a day sometimes more funnily enough it helps my morning sickness alot of the time too

Yay for your time off Ann, I'm hoping baby doesn't come too late coz otherwise bub won't be all that old before I have to go back to work, I can't really work all that much longer than I am (i plan to leave start of December) because I wont cope lol Xmas time in Retail not great!!

Aww DP has decided he is going to go through all his collector edition dvd sets and games and sell the ones he doesn't use anymore, He wants to get a new game but also wants to make some extra money for stuff for baby so cute!!

5th...and final?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:02pm
heartburn is rank. i had it soo bad with ethen, well actually i had reflux with ethen - 'heartburn' doesnt involve the food and acid actually coming up into your mouth and down again! EW. nothing helped (sorry!) except avoiding acidic food.
DONT try slippery elm as my MW suggested - its disgusting and just came up and down too! stick to the gaviscon, mylanta etc!
didnt get it so bad with oliver, but i have it again this pregnancy.
afterward, ethen had reflux as a baby - well he still kindof has it, and it made me VERY sympathetic toward him! so it did me good to have it! hahahahaha.

i looked at that PP site, went a little crazy and put lots in my shopping bag, got a case of the guilts and closed it before i spent any more money!
LOL.

ok dinner time! best go.

italiah - your mum ROCKS! tell her to come visit me! hehehehe.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 1019>