FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedquality care midwives CHCH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quality care midwives CHCH
    Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:06pm
Has anyone in Christchurch used Quality Care Midwives?
Sponsored Links

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 3:06pm
No but I can completely 100% recommend Shoreline Midwives, based at Burwood.. they are awesome!
Cals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:06pm
Hi there. I am using them at the moment and find them really good. Not that I have a comparison as this is my first.
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 5:17pm
no sorry i havent but good luck with your decision!!! and congradulations
poodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 5:58pm
Okay thanks. I tried all the midwives who had been recommended but they were all fully booked. It was extremely hard to get anyone. I haven't met with qcm yet, but they seemed nice on the phone.
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:23pm
Have ya tried midwifes on Barrington? They were awesome! or pregnancy matters who share offices with barrington midwifes... I have never heard of QCM sorry... who is the midwife your seeing?
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:58pm
oh since someone mentioned midwives on barrington - they are my midwives and they are brilliant!!! WHen are you due?
Muz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 7:46pm
i had merivale midwives - adrienne hill and liz macleod are fantastic
poodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 8:36pm
They work in teams of three at qcm, but I spoke with Anne Atkins and am meeting with her next week. I'm due mid-December. Probably left it too late to start looking for a midwife.
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 9:16pm
If you dont get along with her i think Midwives on Barrington still have space in dec. Cuz thats when im due too. Just make sure you are comfortable with them and dont just settle because you dont think you will find a different one. Is your Dh or Dp going with you to meet her? I think its quite important as that they get along because they are need to be like a team while your in labour. Good luck for your appointment - i hope all that made sense
poodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 9:33pm
Thanks. That's good advice. I do think it's important to do be comfortable with whoever you choose. DH can't meet her on the first appt unfortunately, but he trusts my judgement. I quite like the team approach, provided you get on with the whole team, because one of the team might pick up on something the others don't or provide alternative view points. Finger crossed it all goes well.
smashleigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smashleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 7:19pm
I have used QCM. My team of ladies were the best. during my pregnancy I met with each(3) of them equally and got to know them all well and they also got to know me, my concerns and way I wanted and hoped to have things done. on the night I got my contractions, they were quick to my door and were great during the night and the morning after as I settled in to mother hood. I will use them again with my next!
oh, and only one comes to the birth, not all three, its a case that if one cant, then you have another two back ups. i was wary at the start but it worked!
let us know how you go!

Edited by smashleigh
Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 7:56am
I used them. They were fab during my pregnancy, a little disappointing during the labour and birth, but really dropped the ball, IMO, with my after care. :(
I got the recommended amount of visits, and nothing technically wrong, but really considered complaining about the things that happened afterwards, but the college of midwives only does mediations and I felt that would be too little too late. I felt like they were only really equipped to handle normal situations and kind of wanted to discharge me and be done.
I will not be using them again if I can avoid it.
7/2010, 10/2012 and 1/2015

vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 8:40pm

I used them, not the team you will be with though. I found they were particularly good with after birth care as I had issues with breastfeeding. I'm pregnant and using them again. Whenever I've contacted them no matter what time of night or day I have had a quick response, but you need to meet them and feel comfortable with them.

Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 8:17am
Vixgirl I'd be interested to know what team you had (I had Q3) as I also had issues with breastfeeding and that is where things really broke down.

vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 7:20pm

I was with Q6, my baby had been screaming constantly for 24 hrs in the hospital, I as a first time mum had no idea and the hosp MW's were no help, my MW came in and immediately got some formula as my wee girl was starving... They were supportive when I got home and had to ff and bf...

Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 11:42am
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find anyone else. I did kind of like their set up (the team).

Post Reply Post Reply