FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 898>
Author
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 4:07pm
HR = High Risk, because aidan was so premature I needed the scan not only for my own peace of mind but to get the correct dates to be referred to the hospital

Where in chch does the 3d scans?

How is everyone feeling today? Ive just got up since being in bed before lunch - about 11.30am
so am feeling a bit better YAY! still have my stupid cold and the cough to boot, but am feeling slightly better!

on a side note, my pants are getting to tight! eek
Sponsored Links

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 4:35pm
I am feeling better today too which is good.

I had trouble getting comfy in bed last night, my boobs are getting in the way of my favourite sleeping positions

Angel March 2011
Sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 5:02pm
I totally understand Tray! I am a tummy sleeper and they're not hideously painful, just wake me up whenever I move.

Good news about the scan Millyz! I am getting the NT scan, as I want peace of mind and the result would affect my decision IYKWIM. I still fret every day that I will get to the scan and something will have gone wrong.

KA - still haven't told anyone except my mum, dad, sister and two best friends who were there when I found out. Will tell Dh's two brothers and their families in a couple of weeks, but his parents, other siblings and work, and my brother and his family not till 12 weeks as I know my SIL especially will have lots of 'advice' and not necessarily the good kind.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 5:53pm
sarah- I'm the same regarding how i have to sit..so annoying..and ugh to the no sleep(little one) totally know what that's like too sadly:)!

if we ever get crazy enough to do this again....VERRRRRRY unlikely I will probably go through an OB..cause they are paid to listen to my craziness:)

sarah- interesting..the research i did there was no link? how scary though!!:(

glad you feeling better tastic ....new place in rutland street only one that does 3d scans.. my mw only goes through them as she thinks the service is awesome and they send great reports..

ah HR or course! so hard to tummy sleep isnt it:(!!

oh i hate advice like that..the best advice is not to listen to any.. you will get soooo much more with twins!!:)

right I probably won't be back for a little while so have a great weekend and few days (not sure bout net at new house) :)!
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:24pm
Happy moving day Ra, hope to see you in a few days.

Oh and remember not to carry anything heavy, you need to look after your bubba

Angel March 2011
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:28pm
yeah Dh has been brilliant.. he's different this time..last time he was lie oh whatever but he's reallyinto cooking for me adn looking after me..he packs the boxes and takes them round and i unpack them which is cool cause i get to put them where i want them but sucks cause I can't reach too high:) hehe.. but got two tall guys coming to help and my aunty is doing the cleaning here so should go well.. I'm so excited the kids will have their own rooms and we will have a heat pump!!:) right better get offline and eat my hell pizza yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) (told DH the baby wanted it.. hehe )
Mum to two amazing boys!
bopmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bopmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:01pm
Well i should be packing but i'm stalling on that front right now.... moving into our new house tomorrow - very excited and coz it's our own home, can do whatever we want to the baby's room!! Lots going on here today! DP isn't letting me do anything and he is being really strict with it too - quite sweet really. And feel bad when i get grumpy at him for no reason really.

Have told a few people, my family and DP's and a few close friends but will pro wait until we are a bit further along before telling everyone else.

Tastic - my pants are really tight now too - was sitting at my desk today with the top button undone!!
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:25pm
What I meant about the whole scan thing was I've got the option of 2 - a dating and NT. I can have a dating scan anytime after the 15th so I figure theres not too much point in having both (for me personally since its really just to make sure baby is still alive) so I'm gonna push the dating one out til end of July so its abit earlier than NT and later than the usual dating scan (here they do it about 8 weeks). I only had a 20 week scan with Jake and I wouldn't mind waiting til then with this one either except for the mc concern. Guess its personal preference - I'm pretty laidback and kinda figure I can't change whats gonna happen

I'm wearing maternity jeans already but thats only coz they're the best fit lol all my non-mat pants are too big and I don't wana go shopping til I lose any baby weight with this one.

Anyone else really emo?? I've been crying all day

OK very exciting news - Jakes name has officially been changed and he now carrys my dads name as his middle name which is what I've always wanted and my partners surname We're so happy!!!

KA good luck with the move its awesome Muzz is being so caring can't wait to visit in September
Sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 8:02am
That's so great about Jake's name Babe!

Yeah KA, my SIL had three pretty horrible pregnancies, fibroids, constant ms, split stomach muscles, 3 emergency cs, on crutches from 5 months for the last two as her back was screwed, swollen feet, hands.... so I don't think she'll be telling me to enjoy it and it's a breeze! Plus she's quite opinionated. I was quite looking forward to telling her I was planning on a homebirth.

In fact, maybe I still will...

Have a good Friday everyone, and have fun with packing! Oh I love organising everything at the other end. It's just the getting there that's the pain ay?
Jennylg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennylg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 9:07am
hey ladies, woah well its been a couple of scary days for me.

I started bleeding on wednesday afternoon and got sent off for an ultra sound. I was quite scred as i had no bleeding with my first child but have since heard it can be quite common.

Baby was on the scan and quite high in my uterus so that was good news, however after thinking I was 8 weeks the scan shows a 5 week baby so either my dates are wrong or it has stopped growing. will be getting blood tests done mon, wed, fri this week to see if my HCG levels are rising then will know for sure

My midwife thinks the bleeding was a double pregnancy and I have lost one of them Its so crazy how mixed my emotions ar right now Im so sad that its possible i've lost a baby but at the same time so relieved theres still one there.

These next few weeks will be a nervous wait but im thinking positive.

ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 9:36am
Hey jennylg, you poor thing, that is so scary, but hang in there, I have been told bleeding is quite common too.

I have had quite a lot of bleeding on and off too and am now doing the four day blood tests to check that levels are still rising, first one was this morning.

Fingers crossed for you everythings OK.
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 10:50am
JennyIg, so sorry to hear you are going through a stressful time, hang in there hun.

hopefully it is good news for you & everything turns out to be fine. I have my fx for you.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 11:18am
lisette moving for me tomorrow too:) cool..how awesome you can re decorate...wish we could..I'm supposed to be unplugging computer but my friend is having her baby today so need to leave it on a while..

babe- how cool about Jake's name !:) and yes to the emo!

sassy hehe love it!:) yeah unpacking is fun though having a toddler 'help' isnt that awesome..and he's teething..normally ok during the day when teething but he's not doing so good with this latest tooth(13)!

jenny big hugs..my friend peanut on here had bleeding and lost one baby was awful but her other baby is doing great..

Sc- hope everything goes ok for you too! right my firend is having her homebirth and looks like it's all on so logging off see you in a few days to a week!
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 1:32pm
I wrote a long message this morning and then my internet crashed and I lost it

It basically said I have my FX for you jenny, scary time for you.

I am outta here for about 4 days unless I pop on from my friends on Sunday so have a good weekend ladies and I will see you all on Tuesday probably, we are not sure what day we are coming home yet

Angel March 2011
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Na_#1 Na_#1 wrote:

My mum used the same ob when she had my little brother 12 years ago & she had a scan everytime she went to see him, she was 45 though & had a previous still born at 26 weeks, so that could be why????
I thought I had replied to this earlier :(
Sorry for your mums loss
yes this was why she got a scan every time.

With my having aidan at 26 weeks, is why I will be referred to an OB here and willbe tested and scanned every other week
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:13pm
Wow, Aidan would have been so tiny
It must have been very scary for you.
What are the chances of it happening again?

One of my BF's SIL's has had 2 prems & they told her she will never be able to carry full term.
It's very scary that these sorts of things can happen

By the way, speaking of possible complications, is anyone else RH neg?
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:18pm
he was quite a good weight for his gestation, but yes very scary! and the longest 4 months of my life (he was in hospital almost 4 months) Having a preemie is very hard
I ended up with an infection in my placenta which no one knew till after they did the autopsy.
but yes there is a chance of having another one. which I think is why Im really scared this time!
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:33pm
I could imagine how hard it would be.
it is understandable that you are scared, there are so many things that can go wrong & when something has happended previously it makes it so much scarier coz you know that it can actually happen, IYKWIM.

I have my FX that everything will turn out fine & you will have a beautiful, healthy full term bubba
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 4:12pm
I have FX for you too

The constant mild nausea and extreme tiredness is getting on top of me abit. I have no energy or motivation to do anything so I don't but that means I feel lazy and icky and like such a bad wife DP is being totally supportive and kind even though I've spent the last 3 days crying at absolutely everything as soon as he walks through the door. I hate feeling so upside down and pathetic!!! Anyone else struggling emotionally and motivationally??
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 4:33pm
Babe, yes you're not alone - I have constant mild nausea also which is making it extremely difficult to concentrate at work and to do ordinary things like driving, cleaning, washing etc - I can't imagine what it would be like to look after a wee family at the same time so can understand you feeling emotional. I feel lucky at this point as at least I'm not actually throwing up but the constant ick feeling is awful.

I haven't really got any advice but I do have a big one of these for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 898>