FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 625626627628629 772>
Author
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:18pm
gosh why do I do this to myself?! Just looked into the June thread. I cant belive we have all our babies?! None of us are on the look out for labour any more! Gah shut up Em and enjoy your bubba

+1 May 09 Angel
Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:28pm

10th April, 1.55am - JSwan (Jamie) (EDD 8th May) Ashley Lorene Swan 6lb 4.5oz
28th April, 3.06pm - Rowsieair (Rowan) (EDD 7th May) Bryn David Trezise 3.43kg (7lb 9oz)
30th April, 9.08am - Buzzydaisy (EDD 9th May) Harper Rose (3.92kg) 8lb 10oz, 54cm

1st May, 2.28am - Isabel (Isabel) (EDD 10th May) Kylie Erica Speed 54cm, 3.870kg (8lb 8.5oz)
1st May, 11am - Freesia (Amber) (EDD 5th May) Danielle Evelyn 4.27kg (9lb 7oz)
2nd May, Midday - Toniellis (Toni) (EDD 4th May) Damien Scott Langdon 8lb 7oz
3rd May, 11.12pm - Melz222 (EDD 4th May) Emma Billie Aldridge 8lb 2oz
7th May, 5.15am - neivaD (Natalie) (EDD ?) Kalina 8lb 10oz
9th May, 11.14pm and 11.25pm - ImKrystal (Krystal) (EDD 22nd May) Jonah Henare & Ethan Hone 6.4lbs & 6.3lbs
12th May, 11.27pm - Clarise (Claire) (EDD 11th May) William Lincoln 3.625kg (8lb).
13th May, 4.47pm - SmellyKelly (Kelly) (EDD 22nd May) Molly Anne Reichardt 6lb 4oz
17th May, 6.05am - Pinkybar (Ellen) (EDD 13th May) Alexander Michael 4.060kg (8lb 15oz)
19th May, 11.35am - Amybaby (Amy) (EDD 10th May) Flynn James 8lb 11oz
19th May, 3.55pm - Kat_Hutch (Kat) (EDD 29th May) Brody Jeremy Ryan 8lb 12oz
19th May, 11.10pm - Dinolou (Laura) (EDD 21st May) Reuben Michael Vernon 7lb 5oz
24th May, 4:31am - Megstar (EDD 19th May) Benjamin Michael Webster 8lb
25th May, ? - MissAngel (Alex) (EDD 22nd May) Lily Anne 9lb 4oz
26th May, ? - Monie (EDD 12th May) Rowan Philip Gideon Moar 8lb 3oz
26th May, 11.29pm - KMarie (Kristy) (EDD 17th May) Kaitlyn Lucia 8lb 4.5oz
28th May, early am - Turtle (EDD 22nd May) Evelyn Jemimah 6lb 14oz
29th May, 00.18am - Emmi (Emma) (EDD 17th May) Lilla Kowhai Joy 4.570kg (10lb 2oz)
30th May, 9.56pm - Beckonohbaby (EDD 26th May) Cole Robert 8lb

3rd June, 8.22am - Monikah (Mon) (EDD 28th May) Finn Matthew 7lb 11oz

EDD 26th May
#1 PixieL 35, Christchurch - Boy
#1 Mickeylu 23, ? - It's a SURPRISE!

^^^^ OVERDUE ^^^^

EDD 2nd MayLiseyh
EDD 6th MayKellyjeff
EDD 11th MaySteveRachBaby
EDD 12th MayLMSunshine
EDD 13th MayNewmum2b
EDD 15th MayBevling
EDD 19th MayOldienewbie
EDD 20th MayTinaH
EDD 25th MayTuffnut
EDD 27th MayMum2bee

Konagirl
SammyA
AzzaNZ
MommaPine
Genevieve
Didi99

Anyone remember Mickeys or Pixies birth details?

Edited by Emmi_

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:52pm
Does he spill when he gets sleepy? It may be that he isn't swallowing.

Emma did they weigh with or without nappy? Some mw/nurses weigh originally with nappy and then weigh them without to do comparisons. My mw always weighed Lily in the nude but when we were in hospital the nurse kept weighing her with the nappy on and I was saying it's a full nappy so it won't be accurate and she goes "Oh you're right I never thought of that haha..."
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:58pm
She was weighed nude when she was born (but with her massive cord stump!) and only weighed with a disposable nap on when MW weighed her on sunday. Weigh before that was nude

+1 May 09 Angel
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:23pm
Mon Reuben was so sleepy for at least the first 7 days, I struggled so hard to wake him up for feeds and he had a couple of nights sleeping that much in the day. He was spitting up sooooo much back then too, has settled down now tho and stays awake during his feeds much better. I would def feed every 4 hrs min in the day as much as u can If not 3hrly, and wake him maybe once at night?
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 11:31pm
i'm still having the opposite problem. last good sleep alex had was 1-3.30pm (and i had to settle him 8 times during it).
since then he has had 4x 20min sleeps. rest of time was mix of feeding and crying for more - he just loves to be on the boob - and they must be empty by now surely!
frustrating!!

Edited by Pinkybar
Smelly_Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smelly_Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:02am
Hey all, nothing to report here, pretty boring actually lol

To the akl peeps, ima organise morning tea/lunch at my place sometime next week if anyone is keen. I live in Blockhouse Bay, just PM me and ill send you my address if your interested in catching up. Anyday is fine with me, when you PM me let me know what days you are available and we will work something out :)
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:08am
aw I so wish I was back home in akl!! very jealous of you guys catching up hehe. my gosh. little man is having his screaming time at 10pm again.

Is there any reason not to try gripe water? Anyone use it successfully to bring up gas? I feel so bad for him because I don't think I'm winding him very well :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smelly_Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:20am
we are giving molly gripe water and it works really well for her :) she brings up gas so easy now!
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:21am
give it a go Dino.. if it works great, if it doesnt it wont hurt him...
Gosh Lilla fed every 2 freaking hours last night... I managed to only do one EBM feed and all the others were boob so I think we did pretty well! it was only every 2nd feed that she didnt go back to sleep inbetween, I feel bad for DH as I made him take her, I was just too shatterd

+1 May 09 Angel
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:47am
thanks Emmi and SK will get some tomorrow and try.
I need to send u a pic of what I'm doing with my ittis Emma cos I didn't really gget that explanation hehe. Mine only have 2 things that snap in, the trifold and a little shaped insert. I just had the shaped insert in.

well done on the bf progress that's soo great. go Lilla!!

Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:47am
Emmi - thats normal around the 2 week mark for bubs to want to feed 2 hourly. Jayden did that too and it was soo exhausting.

Jayden has a cold - the joys of winter and I have a few things to do today that DH wants me to do - well one of them is the food shopping..lol
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:18am
Just had MW and unsurprisingly she said that my wound is infected so DH is off to pick up some antibiotics for me. Oh well, it's only a 1cm patch and she said it's pretty minor and would heal itself but it's too sore to leave it. Apparently its unusual to get infected this far down the track so I guess I'm special

Flynn is 3 weeks old today and is now 4.4kgs (he gets weighed in the nude)!!

Pinky - how are you surviving on such little sleep? Is he going through the 3 week growth spurt do you think?

Question for those who have refluxy babies - how much spilling is ok? Flynn spills a wee bit with each feed but it doesn't seem to bother him so I've not thought too much about it....

Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:38am
Amy - if Flynn is spilling a little bit and not worried (screaming) then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Jayden spills and he can spill heaps but he doesn't cry when he does it but I went and got some gaviscon and that works - maybe if you are worried you could ask Chris next time she comes and sees you and see if she will prescribe something for Flynn.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:40am
Flynn might be a happy spiller. Lily is, and she spills HEAPS! Well to me it's heaps, sometimes like 2-3 tablespoons worth! But as she gains weight well they don't worry about it.

Emma your dh will understand! It's normal for them to do that regularly until like 6-8ish weeks.
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Amybaby Amybaby wrote:

Pinky - how are you surviving on such little sleep? Is he going through the 3 week growth spurt do you think?

Maybe he is. He seems to be growing all the time. He feels sooo much heavier and sturdier. it will be interesting to see what he weighs today when the midwife comes.
I don't sleep during the day - it just doesn't work for me. Luckily Alex must have tuckered himself out because after midnight he only woke at 3.30am and 7am. so not so bad.

hope your infection clears up quickly - good idea getting the antibiotics. :)

Alex has spilled a few times but I think only when he has gotten a bit too greedy and was overfill. It didn't seem to bother him so I'm really, really hoping that he is going to skip the whole reflux thing. I'm feeling for you ladies dealing with that.

Edited by Pinkybar
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:09pm
Kaitlyn seemed extra hungry yesterday betw 9:30am-2pm, fed 1.5-2hrly but did a huge spill again (we're talking her whole feed and then some ) so am beginning to think that I have too much milk that comes too fast for her first thing in the morning. Expressed a little off before her 7:30am feed which seemed to help. Then she actually woke herself for her 10:30am feed this morning, so I gave her one side then let her play for 30mins or so before giving her the other side - she's sound asleep again now so... so far so good

In terms of sleep, Kaitlyn doesn't ever really tend to stay awake long enough for two sides so I always end up changing her nappy in the middle (day or night!) to wake her up again. Half the time during the day she'll fall back asleep with the second side, and maybe once or twice she'll stay awake and have some awake time before going back to bed.

Mon, sounds like what you're doing is the best approach for Finn. I guess it prob is the formula top up that's making him sleep longer, and therefore harder to wake. Hang in there though, it sounds like you're seeing progress!

Phew you must be exhausted after your night Emmi!   Hope DH has let you get some extra sleep today

DH goes back to work tomorrow & Fri for half days then full time next week... eek! I'm thinking I'll be on here a lot less lol!!

ETA - I just realised that Flynn & Kaitlyn are exactly a week apart Amy!

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smelly_Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:06pm
aw it was my last MW visit today, Molly is doing really well :) Hopefully Plunket will be as awesome as my MW was :(
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:14pm
kmarie I always have to change halfway too. its funny how sleepy they are at feeding time haha.

all of a sudden reuben hates to be wrapped so I left him free tonight and just woke himself at 3am, so far so good
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:15pm
aw SK I don't think I have too many more apts with my MW. Plunket called today and they are going to come for the first time next Thursday. Lady sounded really nice so FX it goes well.

Ewww, I just noticed that Alex's palms are still pealing and they are all yucky! Will keep a closer eye on them. Not easy when he spends most of his time with his fists clenched.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 625626627628629 772>