FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 344>
Author
lsttcdiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsttcdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 5:16pm
Hi ladies,

Leilani - there is a sense of relief, it was just getting worse and worse that I'm glad it's over. I had never considered the possibility of a cancllation more just thinking it might not work so was a bit shocked but feel we made the right decision.

Nightingale - how exciting!! Your follies sounds great just where they're all meant to be. Have a lovely relaxing weekend, good luck for monday x Where are you having your treatment? Is that Fertility Associates Wellington? I'd love to change my FS, really felt like she let me down just by avoiding me.

snooze - I had the same experience, never anyone to speak to, I found it really hard work and I was private also.

Tiff and Rooela - thanks for your kind words x

AFM: I'm going to take a bit of a break from this and hope that we get moved up the public waiting list. Am still injecting buserelin daily for 2 weeks before they reassess the damage with an ultrsound. I hope that all has settled well though I can still feel my ovaries, running was massivley uncomfortable, maybe I pushed that a bit hard but wanted to get back to normal, my coping strategy!

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine if you have it.
Sponsored Links

trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 7:24pm
Hi all

Quick question. We met with nurse mid last week and went through our treatment plan - we have cuonselling mid this coming week and once police checks etc come back we can start. I have 1 coffee a day in the morning and that is it. I have tried to not have this for the last couple of days but find it hard to get moving without the cup - am more than happy to try decaf. The nurse said dont have coffee throughout the treatment but what about before you start?

Also another question about alcohol. I have about 2 glasses of wine per week. Is this okay to keep doing this or should I also stop even though I havent started the injections etc yet??

Thanks for your help.
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 8:56pm
Hi all,
We went to the movies tonight and saw The Other Guys, with Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg. It was ok, but not excellent.
But as you can see, as soon as its over, I am back to obsessing.
Our BT is on Tuesday so not long to go now but it feels like an age.
I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.
Firstly, I have noticed over the last two days that my boobs are not sore anymore, They were very painful before-I assume from those damn pessiarys. And I wondered if this is normal or if the pessiarys are not working properly anymore.
Next question, Can anyone tell me how much it costs to get a frostie transferred?
I am wondering if we pay privately for those if its not too much and save our funding for if we need another full cycle.
Thanks very much.

Edited by sharpie
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:13pm
Sorry Sharpie, have no idea on the answers to those questions

Also not sure about the coffee thing, I have been told that it is not good for fertility so if you can stop it would be a good idea.   Decaf can be just as bad for you unless you get a good one too....not sure what brand. I am having one instant coffee a day and decaf tea.   I drink Ovaltine at night, I hope that doesn't have caffine!

I haven't conciously stopped drinking but don't really do it anyway. Probably best to stop just prior to egg pick up??

I pick up mu drugs Tuesday as that is first injection day....... yikes!!!!
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:47pm
Thanks Snooze. I will see if I can forgo the morning cup and stick to tea (which still contains caffeine). I drink herbal tea at night with no caffeine.

trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:51pm
PS another thing - has anyone travelled while they need to carry out the injections? I am starting down reg when I get AF which should be any day now and then hopefully commencing injections mid November which could cooincide with trip to NZ in early December. Has any of you travelled and had any issues travelling with the medication etc?? Just need to work out dates with FS to ensure I am back in Aussie for EC etc otherwise I will see if I can delay starting inject until near end of November as will be back in Aussie by mid december..
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 1:11pm
Don't you have to keep some of them in the fridge? I forget which ones though. I think that may make it difficult to travel.   My last IVF was over 2 years ago so times may have changed.....
Hope1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 1:49pm
Hi guys- Sharpie- have been reading your posts over the last few days and thats so normal to be feeling like this. As for your question re sore BBs a lot of the girls who have got BFP have commented that their BBs werent sore prior to BFP- so hang in there x

AFM- I start Busc on 24th Oct and EC will be the week of 21st Nov. I dont go on the pill as I get migraines so I do a long course.

I just pray that we get a BFP for xmas, I have so much coming up that I think will I or won't I be pregnant for it. After our 3 fails its so hard to have hope. Though this is our second with donor so who knows. Am P'd off at myself for not losing more weight, but have signed up to WW online for 3 months so either way will be good. And I am taking Selenium, Propolis and Royal Jelly on top of my Elevit. BRING IT ON!!
IVF #1 May 09- BFP then missed miscarriage at 8 weeks
TER Oct 09 BFN
IVF#2 Dec 09 BFN (1 emby only)
IVF #3 Donor- June 10 BFN (1 emby only!)
IVF #4 Donor- Nov 26th- 2 embies on board!
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:27pm
I was looking at buying some Selenim... what does that do? and the other ones that you are taking? I never know what we are and aren't allowed.    

I feel exactly the same way about my weight too.... especially as it is so expensive to do this so why didn't I get my A into G and loose some weight???

I am only 4 kg over the weight I was when IVF worked last time but I can't help thinking i am also 2 years older etc...
Nightingale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightingale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:13pm
Seems we all take some additional extras on top of the Elevit! I take fish oil tablets (3 a night) plus have my smoothie packed full of berries, sunflower seeds, walnuts, brazil nuts and kiwifruit. Yum!

SNOOZE: Know how you feel but you're right, you are older now PLUS you have had a child! 4kg is nothing, you should be proud of yourself! Not everyone does that well after having a baby. I've put on about 8kg since I was 18 (10 years ago) and I said to DH that I think that's pretty damn good! I wouldn't mind losing some though (and I did!) but the drugs just put it right back on

HOPE1: Not long till you'll be jabbing away! I think you will be starting jabbing around the time I get my results! Eek!

ROOELLA: Any sign of AF yet?

TROUBLE: Not sure about the tarvelling think with the drugs . . . they do need to be kept in the fridge though so could be tricky. You might want to start after your holiday if possible or it could just be added stress. As for the coffee . . . I LOVE my coffee! This is the part I find hardest about IVF but you really need to stop drinking it. And decaf is apparently not the best either but I probably had one or two a week just for the flavour. And I was guilty of treating myself a flat white maybe once a week! OOPS! I've been good the last two weeks though! I replaced it with green tea.

ISTTCDIVER: Yes, I'm with Fertility Associates Wellington and have no complaints but you wouldn't be the first to vent about FAH (just quietly) Not sure why but maybe they're just busier? It sucks having to inject after cancellation huh! I had to do that too. Boo!

SHARPIE: Wow, not long to go now!!! GOOD LUCK! Are you going to HPT or be a good girl and wait it out?

AFM: Egg collection 10.30am tomorrow morning! I have MS this time. Hoping he'll be gentle with me! I'm nervous but not . . . just hoping for a good result but starting to feel a bit like an old hand at all this!
ME:30 DH: 30
DS#1: Cohen (27.6.2011)
DS#2: Due 13th December 2012
hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:31pm
Nightingale best of luck for tomorrow - will be thinking of you hun!!    

Edited by hoping
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:32pm
Hi Nightingale,
I'm going to wait it out because I'm fairly certain it will be negative so I would rather wait for the proper results instead of maybe getting a false one.
I didn't know that decaf was almost as bad a real coffee. I love coffee too and I thought I was such a good girl switching. I am now as addicted to decaf as I was to regular. I guess I will have to try cut that out next time aye! Should have come to this forum earlier.
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:32pm
Good luck Nightingale for the Egg Collection!
Leilani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leilani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:34pm
Good luck tomorrow Nightingale. I've not met MS - I think he's the only one there I haven't seen. Are you taking much time off work?

Trouble - Happygal travelled to AUS with her drugs - and it was fine, though I think that was only during the down-reg stage. I think the only real problem would be if you were away once the stims have started - as you wouldn't be getting the appropriate monitoring. You should let your clinic know now about the trip and see if they can work with those dates. Leaving things later could be problematic with it being close to Christmas - if the Aussie clinics are anuthing like the NZ ones, they'll be shut over the Christmas/New Year period.

Everybody else - hope you had a good weekend!

Edited by Leilani
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 10:14pm
Thanks guys for your help. The clinic knows about our trip to NZ in December. The planning can be made clearer once AF comes - meant to be a week ago so hopefully in next day or so. We got some cheap as airfares so not like we can move them now. If we have to wait until next year we are okay with that.

I have been good and not had a coffee all day - bit hard in Melbourne which is like coffee central ... at least with coming into summer hot drinks are just too way too hot and cold drinks more the way to go. Am also getting DH to cut down on his coffee bahit (he only has 1 a day but 1-2 in weekens) but FS said reducing to 1-2 per week is preferable!! Not sure how he will cope. At least we dont drink as much coffee as others we know.

Also how long do you do the stimulants for?? If we plan it right we could be away when I need to do the nasal spray and be back when I need to do the injections. How long on average do people inject for???

Ineresting article in paper today on IVF and tests being done with Monash IVF over here and how the embryos that suck up the most glucose are the ones that are most effective and better chance at working. I think they tested 50 woman and by putting in embyos with high glucose ended up in like 32 pregnancies and 28 babies or something like that. I think it was being discussed at a fertility conference being held in Adelaide. It talked about providing better chance to couples than previously.

Have a good week everyone.
Leilani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leilani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 10:23pm
Trouble - the injections are usually for 10-14 days. If you were away for the first few days of stims that would probably be fine. How long are you here for, and what are you going to do/see? Are you sure you're not pregnant already?
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 11:24pm
Thanks. We will be in Wellington for about 6 days and staying with friends etc catching up so nothing too major. We used to live in Wellington up to a couple of years ago so have friends etc down there. I wont say what part only because know kiwi people on here who do not know about the TTC journey we are going through and would rather it stayed that way .. Totally positive I am not pregnant already. We have MFI so impossible to get pregnant without ISCI.
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 8:49am
Good luck today Nightingale with EC, thinking of you!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 9:05am
All the best for today Nightingale!! x
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF#1 - Chem Pregnancy,no frosties
IVF#2 - BFP!!!! Plus 1 frostie

Paulab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 3:01pm
*** Lurker in

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and wish Nightingale all the best, hope your EC has gone well and you are resting up. Sending lots of growing vibes your way xxxx

*** Out

Edited by Paulab
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 344>