FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPeppermint Gaviscon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peppermint Gaviscon!
    Posted: 27 June 2006 at 9:45pm
I have had really bad indigestion today which has dirven me nuts. Just will not stop. Last week when Paige had a Stomach Bug the Doc gave her Peppermint Gaviscon to try settle her tum. I decided i would try some tonight.
BAD MOVE. It is the most disgusting..thick..vile stuff I have ever tasted. It made me gag.

Funny thing is after we gave it to Paige last week ...she projectile threw up across the floor and would not have any more!
Just a warning to those who arent the best with medicines!! Get a different flavoured one????

Sponsored Links

emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 11:11pm
The Lemon and Lime Mylanta is reasonable (ish) as far as flavoured chalk like substances go.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 7:54am
funny you should mention the gavisgon,I had some last night for the first time and just about threw up. Its terrible, will never ever use it again and I have a huge bottle which I just opened.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 8:12am
Thanks for the heads-up!  I think I'll stick to my glasses of milk for now and save my pennies, since that stuff sounds so nasty. 
Andie
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:13am
hmmmm was thinking about trying it but i think the quickeze aren't that bad after all!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:15am
It's not toooooooooo bad after a while...it really does taste like chalk but I just down it as fast as I can and keep thinking of the relief it gives me!

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:30am
Try the chewable quickeze, I think these are the nicest and least chalky

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:34am
Titralac has been good for my indigestion. You can chew, suck or swallow them whole. They're a spearmint flavour, not bad tasting at all, a tiny bit chalky, but not really that bad. You can get them over the counter at the chemist (100 tablets for about $11).
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 2:03pm
ive run out of titralac so have been using the new forest berry chewable quickeze and they are good but the only problem is in the middle of the night when its really cold they go sooo hard it hurts my teeth. If you go for titralac (which I thinks the best) as your midwife to prescribe them, I got 200 for $15. Mylanta fruit flavoured are good to.
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:00pm
Yes those berry Quikeeze are yum!! Dont think they are as good as some of the others tho???

Post Reply Post Reply