FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 1631>
Author
DesSt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 7:37pm
Bubalys,

Some parts of Panmure are really nice. The golden Triangle (near Kings Road) is quite lovely with lots of big open reserves. The Ireland Road area is also quite nice, but be warned, many of the houses are older so you will want to ask about heating and insulation. I would also make sure that any place there had an alarm system. The shops in Panmure are a bit ho-hum, but it's not far from Pakuranga, Howick and Botany.

I looked in the mirror this morning and my bump is barely there. Oh well, I guess it saves me money for a bit longer. Off to the dentist soon - I broke a tooth while eating a piece of bread (!) yesterday...

D
Sponsored Links

themummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:16pm
it's at least time for me to throw my jeans out, they are so tight now :( i was hoping because im overweight that i'd be able to stay in my pre pregnancy clothes a bit longer.

im watching man vs wild... waiting for wife swap to come on - it's a guilty pleasure of mine :)

i have only lived in central auckland, and i dont think i would enjoy living in panmure. it's a bit far out. i think you can get cheaper rent though.
themummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:16pm
argh! wife swap was on last night
SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:23pm
Panmure is much better than it was, not too dodge now - from what I've heard.

I can from personal experience tell you to steer clear of Papatoetoe, Otara, Manurewa, Clendon and the middle bit of Papakura. But can definitely recommend Pukekohe if you don't mind a bit of a drive into the city.

I'm feeling bubs a lot more now, every day and usually in the evenings. Its so cool

P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 7:42am
Morning ladies!
Yay.. Friday at last!
So, my email I got from baby centre says I am officially halfway...   woot!
Cannot believe how quickly it is going, I still plainly remember taking my HPT and freaking out!
Antenatel starts shortly, and then we are going to have to start thinking about nasty stuff like birth plans!!!

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 7:44am

LOL DP wouldnt let us move all the way out to Puke, he hates driving and its quite a way despite being fairly nice.

Viewing a place in Orakei tonight, 2 bedrooms on a full section YAY it looks PERFECT there must be a hitch. Yesterdays one looked perfect too until I realised it was a building cut into three units where I had envisaged it was a building cut into two units.  Result = tiny units! And not the best privacy. 

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 7:47am
I grew up and lived central Akl - I flatted in One Tree Hill before I left Akl it was an awesome suburb handy to Royal Oak shops, Dressmart and easy access to the motorway.

Popped my preggy tights and singlet on today and def looking like a pregnant lady. Will get DH to take some photos this weekend. It nice to feel fat from pregnancy rather than just fat.

Thank god it is Friday - P&C show tomorrow should be fun.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 7:51am
oh shoot 19 weeks today yay
Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:29am
Wow nearly half way already. I'm off for a long weekend in Wanaka and Queenstown then it's finally my scan! (not that I am going to find out I just want to see it)

My birthplan with Matthew was that I would go to the hospital and do what my midwife told me - It went according to plan   The birth was quite a challenging induction, which nearly ended in a c-section.
KiwiAtHeart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiAtHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:30am
Morning all,
Yay we got the house we went at looked at last week so we can finally get outta this place, its a lot closer to town and has a fire place... perfect lol.
Hunter has been kickin up a storm this morning kinda distracting but still love it. I think ive been going a bit overboard on the clothes too, too many sales on!

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:33am

Oh Ashleigh have you decided on the name, how cool! I call mine two names lol , I have to say things like "oo i dont think Milla slash Kobe liked me bending down like that"

21 more weeks til we meet him/her

DPs cousin gave birth last night, 3 weeks early but bubby was still a 7 pounder so thats all good, bet shes glad she didnt go to 40 weeks lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiAtHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:47am
Yep its been Hunter since about 6 weeks lol we just cannot agree on a boys name so it was hard to find one we both liked. It feels so real when me and DF are talking about him using his name, like i was saying last night what we need to get for Hunter's room, like hes a real little person! Lol, listen to me rambling now...

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:49am
Lol, its so nice though, i HATE calling baby IT but sometimes it just slips out and atleast DD will know whos in your tummy etc , gives the situation some realness for her too
Gerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:53am
Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well today.

I have had some pains in my lower abdomen, not associated with anything else like bleeding. Really think it's gas I am having difficulty passing. I have def noticed that I don't seem to fart as much as before being pregant (LOL, that sounds bad, like I was always farting, but seriously, i wasn't, really). TMI, maybe!!!

Oh, just watched 20/20, which recorded last night, couldn't believe the story of the woman who lied about being pregnant with 6. How can someone blantantly do that - what is wrong with people. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Miss Isabella 10 Nov 2010 :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiAtHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:53am
Yea i tried explaining it to her but she just likes to try and put her finger in my bellybutton haha ewww

Gerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:55am
Last day officially off from work. Back to the real world on Monday - I don't wants too. Maybe we'll win lotto on Saturday and I won't have too. Fingers crossed
Miss Isabella 10 Nov 2010 :)
silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 9:38am
morning! i can't believe some of you have not had to start wearing maternity pants. i have been for weeks and weeks (about 6!). they are so much more comfortable.

i had a work function last night and had to wear a company t-shirt which was quite tight so anyone who didn't know before definitely knows now. i will need to take a photo of bump when back in wellies and post

have a good friday everyone
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 10:01am

Now that I've got them I'm loving my maternity pants - if I'd had them earlier I would have been wearing them.

I know where you are coming from Gerri - I do feel like all my internal organs are starting to get a bit squashed - my kidney's and digestive system aren't happy sharing their space.

Can someone tell me how much to newborns need changing? I've now got 150 newborn sposie nappies and a couple of small ittis - thinking i'll go for infant ones at the P&C show.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Marama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 10:03am
I'm like Wgtnmum, I have been in maternity / baggy clothes for about 8 weeks now! Wearing lots more sretchy dresses etc than i used to cos they are so comfy!

We have our scan at 11.45am, can't wait! I have thought a couple of times i felt baby move but not sure, anyway it will be so fantastic to see him / her (we are not finding out

Might go along to the P & C show on Sunday, Kathy Fray who wrote Oh Baby is speaking both afternoons, would like to see her cos I love her book...hoping there's some good specials on too!

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 10:09am
Good morning! So glad it's friday this week has been dragging on a bit. DH left really early to go to Field Days with clients. I managed to get out of it in the last minute. Thank god!

I've tried on a few of woolen/knit dresses I have in my wardrobe and they fit fine and will look good once my belly looks a little less like I've eaten to much and a bit more pregnant. Just with a belt and stockings and I'm done. I might have a look at the Egg Factory shop to see what they've got but think I can wait a bit longer with that.
I had a look at PP but they didn't seem to have much in the way of Maternity wear.

So jealous of all you Wellington people going to the show this weekend!

Sorry C&J I have no idea how many nappies you'd need. Haven't even thought about that one yet!

Oh and I nearly forgot but where can you buy maternity stockings? Is there something like that available?

Edited by susyl
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 1631>