FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest kind of Panadol?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best kind of Panadol?
    Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:49am
What do you lot reckon? Are any of the ones with additives better than the regular one? Apart from the one with caffiene - its more effective to have a coffee with normal ones than the fancy ones. Oh and of course it has to be safe for baby. I cant walk because my hip pain is so bad and I really dont want to have to take Tramadol yet!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Sponsored Links

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:24am
Miss Angel, the best thing to do with panadol is to keep taking it regularly, not wait for the pain to come on.

Panadol is the brand name for paracetamol which is safe in pregnancy but I am not sure which additives are also considered safe... I get back pain occasionally and 2 paracetamol tabs and 2 ibuprofen tabs (nurofen) taken together do the trick.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:38am
err.. neurofen is not cool in pregnancy, specially in the last 3 months.
I'm already on the max dose of panadol at the allowed times of the day. It doesnt do crap.

edited due to bad spelling.

Edited by MissAngel
Alex, Thomas and Lily
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:42am
i find panadol rapid soluble works best for me (SO MUCH better than normal tabs or capsules.) tastes a bit funny, but if you put a large mouthful amount of water in a glass, 2 soluble ones, you can get it down in one go, and always good to have a chaser of juice or something handy lol. but yeah i find it works real well.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 10:17am
You can have codeine while pregnant, so maybe some panadiene or something similar?

They pharmacist should know what is safe for pregnancy, so you could go and ask them for something stronger than panadol.

I found tramadol did nothing for me! It was the voltaren that helped me the most, but I had that post c-section so not sure about pregnancy.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 11:01am
I buy no-name paracetemol from the supermarket for 90c! Its one of the few pain relief drugs ok to take for pregnancy.

Have you been back to your GP or considered physio - its most likely a side effect of being pregnant, however a physio may be able to give you exercises that can help eliviate the pain.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 11:46am
i find the ethics brand more effective than the panadol brand.

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 12:55pm
Panadiene works a treat hun, and your midwife can even give you script for it.
Works by telling the brain there is no pain!

The caffiene ones are just to make you feel more alert so 'appear' to work better for a headache

and as you know stay away for nurofen / ibuprofen
http://lilypie.com]
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by MissAngel MissAngel wrote:

err.. neurofen is not cool in pregnancy, specially in the last 3 months.

Duh, of course it isn't! Sorry, preggy/baby brain
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 2:04pm
hehe all good :P

I have codiene from the doctors now. Now i just have to wait until the toddler goes to bed before I can take it cuz it makes me sleepy! Least I might get a good night sleep? lol. I have some panadiene too for during the day.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
 Post Reply Post Reply