FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaterproof overalls / jackets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jswan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jswan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waterproof overalls / jackets
    Posted: 06 April 2010 at 7:28pm
Well, here we go into another season of dairy farming, except this year its with our first toddler and need to sort out waterproofs....anyone have pro/cons between Silly Bilyz line and Kruizey Kids? We are in a wet, wet, wet area so need good waterproofs!
Sponsored Links

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:30pm
Sorry can't help with your question between the two brands but my sister was on a dairy farm and used puddlejumpers with her kids. She is selling them on trademe at the mo.
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 9:03pm
We used Silly Billyz overalls for the football season when DD was younger. I got her the fully lined fleecy ones so they kept her nice and warm and dry.

When we went to the snow last year I just purchased some waterproof material and made my own, they weren't lined, but worked a treat! She will be using these for the football season as she still fits them this year!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 8:10am
We have silly billyz ones and they are great
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 8:27am
I have a lined silly billyz and they are good but they can get very hot so you need to dress carefully.
I look after a little girl with puddle jumpers and they seem good to though they are a lot thinner and I wonder if in the long term they will wear out in the knees (from tumbling over, she's past crawling. Certainly wouldn't imagine they'd be good if crawling).

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:40am
Oh thought I'd add that my mum has a pair that she got from farmlands which are also excellent - noticed your in the naki so probably have that up that way.
kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:55am
NZ friends have recommended both puddlejumpers and sillybillyz... Here in the UK the popular brand is Togz, we had an all in one suit for DS this past winter and it was fantastic - really hard wearing and supper snuggly.

For the summer we've got a simple thin/unlined set of waterproof dungeree's just for the wet weather so DS can still muck around in the garden if the UK summer lives up to usual sucky standards    I dont think they'd stand up to farm yard antics though so you'd be better off making sure you get the super tough material.

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 12:41pm

We got some of these - LittleDucks and they seem really good!

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 1:34pm
My mum bought some for my son from RD1 - they are super tough feeling material, designed for use out on the farm... we got him size 2 (he was only 1) and they fitted fine - room for growth but still fitting around the waist.
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
jswan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jswan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 8:21pm
Excellent suggestions! Puddle Jumpers have a great range for being under the mountain with lots of wind and rain during calving. Will check out Farmlands too. I got some cast offs from a friend that are really good, but no brand is listed and she doesn't know where they came from, but likely RD1 or Farmlands. I was put off by size 2's after looking at SillyBillyz in BabyCity....the size 2 was massive! Does that line tend to run large?
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 5:46pm
Silly billyz do there sizing so that size one fits for 1 and 2 year olds and then size two does 3-4yrs.
Its good cause they are designed to do two years at a time and they fit really nicely both years. Or at least Ds's have done.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 7:03pm
Daniel had a size 2 when he was 1, cause they have elastic at the bottom of the leg and adjustable straps we just used those to make it fit so it fitted him for 2 winters. Dunno if it will this winter as well.
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 12:10pm
i got a size 4 pair of waterproof overalls from RD1 (not sure of the brand) for my 3yr old who was size of most 1yr olds at the time and at the smallest adjustment they fitted him fine and will fit him for a while still. which reminds me i need to get a pr for ds3 this yr and pull ds2's pr out from where ever i have hidden them they are just like farmers waterproof overalls just mini size
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
pebblesnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebblesnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 1:45pm
I highly recommend Mud Mates waterproof gear. They do all-in-one Coveralls for total protection which are perfect for on the farm as well as any other outdoor adventures or messy play fun! Nice bright colours too!
They're made in NZ (I love to buy local) and very affordable. They do Fleece-Lined Overpants too which are perfect for the snow. Plus unlined pants, Craft Aprons and cute little Shoe Covers.
My kids practically live in their Mud Mates and they save me soooo much washing!

www.mudmates.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply