FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 575>
Author
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 5:18pm
Bowie - 300???? I'm floored!!!! Are you part catipillar!!!? ;)

Yep, I agree with Wannabe - try Complan. It was also recommended to me when Callum was born and I was breatsfeeding, in order to keep stuff going in when I didn't seem to have time to eat.

Love that you are playing them music. If they are into rasta then maybe move them on to ska? Bet they'll love it!

I'm bummed for you that you'll miss Iggy Pop. I'm going to have to miss Megadeth playing with NOFX in auckland in Dec. But I'm still hitting my punk gigs in wellington - Against Me this Friday and the Bouncing Souls coming up! YES!!! I no longer stand on the edge of the mosh however.

Wannabe - racked me up that you went to Berlin! My first NZ gig was "Satellite Spies" and first aussie band was the "Hoodoo Guru's".

Chikky - I need to buy bigger knickers too. shame :( But like DH says - "You're growing a baby you fabulous thing'!

Home grown will be great and we can catch up!
Sponsored Links

Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 5:28pm
This is how I store my shoes, bags, belts & chunky beads etc...
The people who make them are where I stay when I go to Feilding / Palmy.

I've got mine 4 racks high alternating in black & cream as they just click together. Such a simple but effective system to display our favourite / gorgeous shoes!!!

The Rack

Edited by Wannabe

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:23pm
I have something just like that!!!! For shoes! One here in Timaru and one up in Mt Cook.

Had a really overemotional day - a really really close male friend was asking who was going to be at the birth, if the father was going to be there and when i said no, it was just going to be me i didnt feel the need for a big support crew he offered immediatly to be there if i wanted him. I can't imagine how he'd explain that to his wife, mind you, but i appreciate the offer though i can't see it happening! Just made me really sad i'm not having the 'normal' pregnancy, with a loving partner in our home, with him standing buy squeezing my hand waiting to meet the little person we made and love.
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:29pm
wow that is really awesome of him bowie.

I have had one of the toughest nights ever. DH and I had to go ask my parents for money to get through the next month. Hardest thing I have ever had to do.
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:31pm
Awww bowie I just wanna give you a big hug doll - there is no such thing as a "normal" birth babe. You'll be there & that's all your little man needs (oh and the MW of course). Is your mum going to be nearby as that could be an option for a support person??? Best friend????

I'm only having DH during the c-sect or birth. The family can all wait either outside or we'll text them when its over & then they can visit. I think with over 15 Drs, nurses, peditricians etc in the room during, I don't need to be worrying about my Mum, MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL etc too! Also I'm not comfortable with them looking at my vajayjay if its out on display - how embarrassing!!!!

amme - yep I know what's that like when I was a student with a mortgage. But once you are back on your feet, set up an AP (even if its a small amount) & you'll pay them back in no time & you'll both feel better for doing so. Hugs beautiful girl!

Edited by Wannabe

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:54pm
amme - I totally sympathise we are lucky that we have dh's parents so if we do get totally stuck then we have them.

Wannabe - there won't be alot of you on display if you are having a c-section but they will shave you before hand.

bowie - that is really nice of him. My bf chose to have a baby on her own and she had her mum and sister with her when she had her baby. I was supposed to be there but it happened to quick All your baby needs is you and your love

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 8:16am
Amme darl, i know how much that sucks. Even at the start of this year i had to ask my mom for money to even make rent....and i know she's not well off now with just one income. I'd take wannabes advicve, and pay them back a little at a time. It'll make you feel better. (Or it does me, a serial borrower of parent funds)

Yeah, my mom would be there of course (i think she assumes she is coming) but i'm just SO not ok with her being with me in that situation - i know you'll say it won't matter at the time - but i can't imagine getting all uninhibited and squatting on stools etc with my mom looking on. Anyway, if i change my mind we live only 5min from the hospital.

My best friend would come, and i'd love her too but she lives in Auckland (for medical school) and she's totally willing to fly down for a few weeks and wait with me but i can't time baby to arrive and knowing my luck baby will come a few days before she arrives and i'll be a sleep deprived grump with a screaming poo ball (and bf does not like babies!) or i'll have baby after she leaves and she'll just have massive prego grumpy me. She said she's ok with that, but at either end its stopping her going home for holidays (she's american) or making her miss the start of school.

Made me sad yesterday, thats all, but today i'm back to screw it, i'm all the awesomeness a baby needs in one package
Now i have to think - do you reckon i could sneak out of the house whilst in labour and drive to the hospital, have a baby, and then ring my mom and say "oh hai, want to come meet your grandson" ?
Yeah, that doesnt seem easy to achieve!
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 8:52am
Bowie sweetie - I cried reading what you wrote. Oh hun, I totally understand. Regardless of the fact that you ARE all that your little ones needs, I can understand how it made you feel. Sending you hugs. I still hurt at times, feeling sad that I'm not able to share some of the special times with Callum's dad since he passed away. The little things that parents get a kick out of in a special way.

But you know what - as lots of single parenst say - it's bliss not having to compromise on how to rasie your child. Not problems with arguements about discipline. etc etc. As everyone will find out, raising a child with someone else has it’s own special pot of pitfalls and obstacles!

I hear you about your Mum at the birth. I adore my Mum but I wouldn’t want her around while I am birthing.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:00am
aww, no one get into tears!! I know this is hard for my mom (my dad died in 2009) and she should be playing grandparents with my dad. And it makes me really sad that my dad won't ever meet his grandkids (and they won't meet him).

But you're right, i have a friend whos baby-daddy took of for australia as soon as she told him she was pregnant (and they'd lived together for years ) and she loves that her son is all hers!

I'm sad for baby-daddy too - he is missing out on a lot, and i am making a lot of outrageous demands of him (aka: he will meet baby when i am ready, so when he's 8 weeks old or so) which sucks for him because hes so excited to be a dad and if i'd let him he'd be all over the situation. So it is kind of my doing that i'm alone in this. Well, thats a lie. Its his doing for being slightly insane.
islandgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:11am
Minxy - YAY for your brother!! What fabulous news - some of that stress and worry has come off for you and your family!

Bowie - it's awesome to know you have great friends who are keen to support you - even if you don't want to use them!! I am really close to my Mum, but I just don't want her there (sorry Mum!!), she didn't want her mother either so at least it wasn't expected!!! Good luck with the sneaking out of the house when the time comes!!!
blessedwiththebest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedwiththebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:35am
First & foremost... Happy Birthday GemaM <3

TheKelly Is there a particular brand of reusables that you can recommend? & I cant remember who mentioned the Pigeon disposables being on special but for anyone who's interested I've seen them in Countdown on sale too. Ohh ya bitch you ditched me again last night on FB too - might unfriend you next time... heheh.

SiennasMummy Yay for matching dresses! I *love* it. Thanks to our lovely GemaM I scored it at a discounted price - ahhh the benefits of having friends in retail eh. Oh honey & I'm sorry to hear that the PUPPPS is back I had a wee search on Google images & it doesn't look like a lot of fun. Are you itching like mad? About 2yrs ago I had a sudden outbreak of Pityriasis Rosea & that was nasty too - they look a bit similar. I know it's hard but you should try your best to NOT let it get you down. Don't hide away & be miserable - as tempting as it sounds! Fingers x'd you're able to get the pain/itching under control with creams or preggo-friendly drugs... & I think it was Minxy who suggested the maxi-dress look to help cover the aesthetic side of things. How'd the Dr's visit go?

ChikkyD I'm so glad you're back haha I'd secretly been missing our chats when you were away... Did you end up getting the dress in the goldy colour or the black? You'll look gorgeous either way! Hope your dog is doing ok. PS I get lots of kicks down below too haha what rude babies we must have. Mind you he or she is usually all over the place, sometimes I can feel movement up by my belly button.

Bowie Sooo, just a teensy bit jealous of your shoe collection. My partner thinks I've got enough as it is (which is probably only about 10 pairs)... silly men. Where on earth do you get all of your shoes from? I really need some nice open-toed-but-still-suitable-for-work sandals. Any suggestions oh wise one?

Minxy Glad to hear your brother is doing better chick. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery eh. Sending positive vibes for you & your fam xx

As for meee... JUST after we set the cot up at the weekend & got the place looking nice & tidy, we had a call to say that someone is coming to have a look at our house to buy it We're only renting at the mo (it's my step-dad's place & is still listed on the real estate websites but there's no sign or anything out front). I know I'm being very selfish but I really dont want to move - not now, anyway! It'd be awesome for my mum & step-dad if they could sell it though, I know they could use the $$. Gahh maybe I should just hang around while the woman comes through & act all sad/mopey about her taking my house so she feels bad heheh

Speaking of step-dads... WHO WATCHED OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE? Scandalous!! Hahah best ep all season.

Happy hump-day to all you lovely ladies!
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:53am
Oooooh Happy Birthday Gema!!! Hope at least one of your birthday candle wishes comes true today doll!

And what a great excuse to eat an EXTRA big slice or three of cake!!!

mmmmmm caaakkkeeee....

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:54am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMA!!!!!

Young mum - crap, your house may be sold and you'd have to move ? That would SUCK....i guess better now then later on though!

I didnt watch OF, don't spoil me! Little brother wanted to watch Top Gear but i'll watch OF online later

My shoes have been a constant source of irritation to everyone for a long time....but the girls love it because i have a shoe for every occassion and enough for everyone. The only shoe i don't have are those crazy wedge sandels, i don't understand them at all!!

ps. I just heard the name Sebastian Jack, i don't mind that either....

Edited by bowie
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 10:44am
Connor riordan is still my favourite bowie

I love shoes but i never go anywhere to wear nice shoes and now that my feet are swelling I wouldn't be able to wear them anyway

Jess - I hope that your house doesn't sell

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMAM I hope you have a great day!!

Well I seem to have hit the can't sleep part of pregnancy. I'm one of those people who have to have sleep and lucky for me when Quin was a baby dh would get up and do a night feed for me so I always got 8hrs straight I'm hoping that he'll do it again this time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 12:00pm
Happy Birthday Gemma!!!

I am also not going to have my mother there at the birth. It hasnt come up yet so I am just not going to bring it up and hope it never comes up lol.

oh noo young_mum that is terrible. fingers crossed it doesnt sell.
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 12:48pm
Happy Birthday Gema!!!! :) :) :)

Shoes - well I don't understand kitten heels. Why bother? If you are wearing heels wear them high!!!! Or just wear flats.

I never liked Sebastian until I started working with one. He is a truly fabulous, awesome guy and so now I love the name.
blessedwiththebest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedwiththebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 1:14pm
Hehe Wannabe your cake comment reminded me... I have completely let myself go in the past fortnight hah. Since the stormy weather we had last week I've been naughty & given up my nightly walks plus I haven't bought groceries yet this week so no fruit or veg for me - just lots of crap! McDs, pizza, chips, chocolate, ice cream... gahhh but it all tastes so good at the time. I *bet* the next time I weigh myself I'll be up at least 3 or 4kg.

Minxy are you still craving lots of sweet things? I'm with you on the kitten heels... stilettos just look so much better, anyway! Usually I wear heels to work every day but since being pregnant I swear I've lost all balance cos I just cant seem to walk right in them anymore.

Bowie make sure you tell me once you've watched OF - so very Outrageous!

Boo to the no sleeping Limochick. Last night I was tossing & turning too & couldnt seem to settle. Is it just me or are the nights getting hotter? & I love that your DH got up for night feeds with Quin - what a keeper!

Grrr my maxi dress that I bought off Trademe just arrived - it's so flipping pretty & I was so excited - but it doesnt fit my boobs!! It looks awesome everywhere except my boobs Damn these mammaries.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 2:02pm
it is so hot here right now. i need to go out and trim the hedge but i really cant be bothered.

i have been on my new kind of shopping spree. I bought a couple of buckets, some cleaning cloths and bread and milk.

young_mum my boobs look pretty indecent in my maxi dress. yay for boleros

petrol goes up 7cents on friday so fill up before then
Ksmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 2:58pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMA!!

Minxy- So happy to hear the news of your brother!!!

Young Mum- OMG Outrageous was completely OUTRAGEOUS last night!!! Love it...

Limo- hear you on the cant sleep! ARRH...I keep tossing and turning and cant get comfortable...one of the girls at work suggested a body length pillow, so might so on a hunt for one of those in the weekend.

Hope you all have a fab rest of the day!!

Edited by nicole1305
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 2:59pm
amme - whilst I remember - pencil in a catch up Labour Weekend as I'm flying down Fri evening til Mon morn & staying just out of Feilding (between Bunnythorpe & Fldg). I'll be without a car but I'm sure I can beg/borrow/steal one or you could come to me????

Right off to make a BIG bowl of fresh fruit salad, trying hard not to be too naughty but I keep sneaking little squares of Milky Bar Chocolate from the 'hidden shelf' in the fridge Grrrrr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 575>