FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 575>
Author
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 12:44pm
Thanks for the advice re cramps girls!

I've decided to give up Zumba from now on. I could probably still manage a few more clases but the tummy is getting a bit ungainly to jiggle around and I've had some pains lately (just 'growth' pains) so don't want to aggravate that. So just back to walking to and from work in the hope it stops me piling on this weight at a great s[peed.
My MW doesn't weigh me. Does anybody elses? I think I'd like to get weighed so I dont get a major fright when at some point I DO have to get on scales!

Sponsored Links

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 12:45pm
I had cramps earlier on for some reason. I have now got reflux and heart burn though

ChikkyD - do you want to share some of that energy cos I have none what so ever!!

Wannabe - you will deffinetly need prem things my boys who were all born on time even wore prem for a few weeks cos the NB things are so big. Ricochet (baby factory) are quite small sizings.

I've got a couple of ladies coming over this avo from my due in Feb '10 thread will be great to see all the babies together    Oh and I've got a scan in a couple of weeks to double check the heart, I can't wait to see her again and see how big she's got!!

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 12:47pm
Minxy - well done you for carrying on with Zumba for so long the most exercise I do is walking to the car    My midwife doesn't weigh me but I do it at home and I haven't put on any weight for about 2months now so I'm pretty happy

Ksmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 1:03pm
My MW hasn’t weighed me since my first visit at 12weeks...but I have been weighing myself and I have put on about 7-8kgs   

Defiantly hear you on the leg cramps girls, I have been getting a few at night...and at first didn’t believe that pulling your toes towards your shins would help! Until I finally did it and it WORKS!!!!

DH has started taking me for walks after work, but other than the housework its the only exercise I do.
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 1:11pm
I've been avoiding the scales! But haven't been weighed by MW at all - I think they like to know right at the end for any drug doses you may need, but as long as they're happy with your weight gain, it's not a biggie

I've been getting some heartburn too, mostly at night when I lay down I avoided it right up till the end last time, so not impressed! My yoga teacher recommended a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and so far that seems to be working. Apparently overuse of gaviscon, mylanta etc can actually make it worse, because it neutralises the acid in your stomach, which feeds back to your body telling your stomach it needs even more acid, so it gets into a bad cycle. Soda water can help as well apprently.

And I agree with you needing prem stuff for the twins wannabe - but for the singletons to hold off buying up large, as Nat was mostly straight into the 0-3month size.... They do grow so so quickly! We might try and borrow some NB sizes, rather than buying, because they may only wear it for a couple weeks!
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 2:40pm
The reflux is a bit of pain, esp. As I do nothing but WANT to lie down on the sofa at night after tea and blob out to the telly!
Just glanced down at my rubbish bin under my desk. It has more food cartons/wrappers in it than paperwork! Arrgh! ;)
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:19pm
lol minxy. I have never been weighed by my midwife either. There are food wrappers on the lounge floor right now. At least half of them are dh's fault. he is pretty much a slob most of the week but then goes through a cleaning phase every so often.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:56pm
I wish i had food packets...i'm hungry!!!

And i'm banned from the hotel for 3 weeks - i was with a group of friends drinking etc up in the bar and a guest complained that the staff (ie. us) were smoking and drinking too much and it ruined the atmosphere. Obviously, i wasnt drinking or smoking but guilty by association so i can't go to the café and get food or anything

I have heartburn bad too. Being pregnant is uncomfortable!!!

I went outside before, looking foward to laying in the sun, reading my book, getting a wee tan....and i can't lie on my stomach. Gutted!! I didnt realise that before, its not a position i usually get into.

Amme, double figures. Freeeaky.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 4:00pm
pfft at the person complaining, did they have nothing better to do ?

you got any titralac? that stuff is good for heartburn, I haven't been getting it much....or leg cramps either, in fact so far this is the best pregnancy of the 3 ....good baby

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 4:04pm
Oh as far as sleep programs etc go we are doing the Sleep Sense program, so far its working, Ty is getting good at settling himself back to sleep .

If anyone is interested in that one, I can PM them the link, it has the entire program

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 4:05pm
double post

Edited by TheKelly

queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 5:51pm
I can vouch for the Sleep Sense program too, worked a treat for Coop. And I'm suffering badly from heartburn, I'll be interested to try the apple cider vinegar, blondy. I'm currently scoffing Titralac like it's going out of fashion.

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 6:03pm
The apple cider vinegar is slightly going down but seemed to do the trick - although my heartburn is rather mild (FX it stays that way!)

(the scientist in me wanted to know why it works...... just googled and apparently because vinegar is an acid, by taking more acid into your stomach, it feeds back into the body and tells your stomach to produce less.... and hence reduction of acid reflux.)

I'm even happier now I know how it works
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 6:46pm
That make sense! Reckon it would work with all acid? Don't have any apple vinegar but have white wine, balsamic and malt....

I am really out of sorts today. Just can't get settled at all. Should put myself to bed.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 7:28pm
*lurking* Blondy, you can use our newborn stuff. Festus will be out of it by the time your bub comes along. We don't have much cos Dan was so big, but we've got a few pieces.
Mum to two wee boys
blessedwiththebest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedwiththebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 8:13pm
Just wanted to pop in & say thanks to Wannabe for suggesting Tizzie Hall's book "Save Our Sleep" - after reading your post this morning I mentioned the name of it at work & one of the ladies had a copy at home so she brought it in for me this afternoon I left it on the coffee table while I cooked dinner & when I went back in the lounge I found DP with his head buried between the pages, reading away. "This is awesome babe!" haha so cute.

Yay Friday tomo girlies. Hope everyone's had a lovely day.

Edited by young_mum_to_be
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 8:19pm
Thanks Fliss - we do have a couple pieces of girly stuff too from Nat, so that will work well if it's a boy (and the baby's looking like it's on the way to being another 4kg monster so we proba won't be long in it!)
Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 8:23pm
*lurking* can i please have the sleep sense link

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 9:22pm
lol bowie the problem with food packets is that they no longer have food in them. that sucks about the hotel ban.

:'( I drank some coke at my friends house this evening and I feel really sick now.
LozNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LozNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 9:56pm
ooh - just got back from pregnancy yoga - been so good for my back ache! sleepy now..... yoga is about the only exercise I'm doing now

been catching up on routine conversations - taken some notes and gonna do some reading!

I've noticed the odd leg cramp too - didn't know what it was until I saw it mentioned on her! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 575>