FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMocka or Little Kiwi highchair? Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sparkle7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mocka or Little Kiwi highchair? Help!
    Posted: 02 June 2010 at 10:22am
Hi there, I'm really new to this but here goes!
I have a 4-month-old and need to get a highchair. I'm keen on a wooden one and am tossing up between the Mocka Original and the Little Kiwi. I see there's also one by Picopico. Anyone tried them, or know how they compare? I think the Mocka doesn't have a removeable tray but am not sure how important that is.
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Booski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 1:43pm
Hi Tamara, I bought the Mocka one and love it. You can detatch the tray if you want/need (tho it involves screwdrivers - so not a several times a day thing), or you can just swing it over the back so it is out of the way. I compared it to the others you mentioned (I think - those are the TM ones??) and decided that tho they were mostly similar, I liked the arm rests better on the Mocka. DD has been in her chair from about 6 months and still no probs with not having the detachable tray etc. Will be getting a second in a few months time!

Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 1:56pm
A friend bought a Little Kiwi one (pretty sure that's the name) and has found it a real pain once her baby got older as the wooden rail part prevents the chair from sliding in close to the table. I had a look on TM and it appears that the rail can now be removed which is a huge improvement!

We have the Mocka one x 2 for both of our kids and no complaints here. As Booski said, you can flip the tray over for sitting at the table when bubs is older which is what we do with our 2 year old. If you use the Jimmy code on the Mocka website (thanks whoever posted that a while ago!) it comes down to $120 which is a bargain!
Two little girls under 2!

Sparkle7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 4:55pm
Thanks so much Booski and Febgirl. Just the advice I needed! I'm now the proud owner of a Mocka highchair (yet to be delivered of course!) at that very bargain basement price. Cheers.
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 5:27pm
also have the mocka,, no complaints so far!
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 8:09am
I have a picopico that I got second hand off trademe... love it! Just make sure you buy the extra harness incase you have a houdini like me!

If I was to buy one first hand I would probably go for the mocka as they are cheaper than the picopico

E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 2:34pm
I have a mocka too and it's fantasitc. We don't use the harness yet as DD doesn't need it. We have 2 sets of cushions so that we can chuck one set in the wash while the other is in use. But now she is sitting better we don't really need them.
mynaturalbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynaturalbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 11:53am
I have the Mocka and love it. My only complaint is that the seat cushion velcro doesn't stay hooked.... I think I'll remove it and just have DS sit on the chair.

Edited by mynaturalbaby
Follow my journey into raising a baby using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.
Kirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 3:07pm
Hi there,

Thought I'd jump in on the end of this. I want to replace my highchair that is just a pain to clean and thought the posts on the wooden chairs look good. Question is, I like the armrest of the mocka chair but wonder how it will work when you are at the stage of detaching the tray so my son sits at the dining table instead. The dimensions suggest to me that it won't work very well. Therefore I think the little kiwi high chair may be better and it doesn't have armrests but does have an easily removable tray. The finish doesn't look quite as nice when you completely remove the tray though from the side view (not a major). Any comments on how it sits under your dining table?

Thank you
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 7:06pm
Argghh I can't decide which one to buy, so hard coz there are three to choose from, when you consider there are two mocka ones and then the little kiwi one.

Oct 11
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 7:27pm
Pick a style you like and go on price. Really, some of them are so similar. We have the mocka one but my MIL has the picopico I think and they're almost identical.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Kirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 8:15am
Hi there, I got the little kiwi one in the end (don't think the armrests of the mocka would work with our table design) and think it is great over the P&T - wish I got it in the first place! Especially like the front guard that keeps them on the chair if you're not using the tray. Although in saying that I think they're a much of a muchness. I didn't remove the 'removable' tray often as they are so easy to clean it wasn't necessary.
DianeRoper182179 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DianeRoper182179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2015 at 7:47am
Could anyone tell me the "Jimmy code" to use when purchasing please. How do I do this?
 Post Reply Post Reply