FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 376>
Author
mirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by lil_lease lil_lease wrote:

I think I may actually be on the tail end of my cough now to be honest. Today I've been feeling better and my cough isn't quite so mental. Was pretty bad overnight and woke me up a couple of times though. I've been thinking about trying some cough syrup and if this damn cough sticks around much longer I will be.

My dr prescribed me some cough syrup called "Pholcodine Li 10mg" of which I took a teaspoon full every few hours. Was good stuff, tastes awful, but worked a treat! He knew that I was pregnant (5 weeks at that stage) and said it was safe for me to take.

I too hope everyone survived the storm, my dad reckons he has 2000 unripe avocados to deal with after they got blown off the trees! bugger.

I have a really easy and almost fool proof recipe for carrot cake - I make it in the roasting pan!! (with extra cream cheese icing....)

Sponsored Links

Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 4:30pm
Aha thanks BK, it was Durotuss cough medicine that I had! Couldn't remember the name. Asked the chemist specifically what was safe to take during pregnancy and that's what they gave me. Hope you don't need to take anything LL but there's definitely some options out there if you need them.

Thanks also for the name of your fav stroller BK, my SIL has a Steelcraft 4 wheeler and loves it too. Except her now 6-month old grew out of the capsule after only a few months - he's going to be very tall! Both his parents are 6ft + so not surprising Hope ours isn't that tall - DH is over 6ft and has the longest legs I've ever seen, hope if its a girl she inherits them not my short and chunkies

Anyway, feeling a bit better now have had a nana nap, was getting very tired and grumpy. My naturopath said 12-15 weeks is when your body feels that it really is pregnant, when the hormone levels start rising and the placenta takes over their production from the ovaries. I've certainly felt a lot more UTD this past week than any other week, even tho my symptoms haven't changed that much. Never realised how tiring this whole growing babies thing would be!
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 4:43pm
hehe nope no BDing for us unfortunately!

Anja it was like that, snotty brown tinged stuff.. its actually gone away now so i feel much better, i havnt been able to get hold of anyone at the scan places i need (they are closed weekends wtf?! tried horizon and TRG, Mercy are not close enough unfortunately) so i will call tomorrow and hopefully get an appt for after my mw appt on tuesday.. though its gone i probably have no need to (and can feel baby moving too :) )

i was at the supermarket today and saw a stroller that i liked, i almost asked the lady what brand it was cause i couldnt quite get close enough without looking like a freak to see hehe.. though i hear what your saying about 3 wheeler being more easily unbalanced, i like the milano travel system but you cant make baby face you when your not using the capsule in the top.. hmm. lots to think about..

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 6:13pm
Thanks for that Mirsty. If this cough is still hanging round by Wednesday then I'll go to the chemist (or maybe the doc, again) and check it out. I started taking the antibiotics the doc prescribed me for the damn near identical thing 3 weeks ago, just in case there is actually a bacterial part to it. I'd rather not take them but at the moment I'm just covering all my bases lol.

BK I couldnt find a Steelcraft Enigma to play with but I did find an Eden Layback. Had interesting hand grips and didnt look all that easy to collapse, although I can do it with my foot. DF had a bit of a play with it. Would have been nice if I had of got to Farmers sooner than with 10 min until closing lol, but we saw what was avaliable (feck all lol)

We dont have to worry about boot space lol, our car has a mega fat ass. We have fit an 8 person tent, a little gas BBQ, 9kg gas cylinder, 2 regular sized single mattresses and a duffel bag in there before with room for pots, pans and food. Gotta love it lol.

Had a look in BabyFactory and saw a couple that look quite good. Both are under $300 brand new so that may be a possibility for us. DF and I had a good play with them.

Well we dont have to worry about ours growing out of anything too fast, I'm tiny lol and DF isnt a great deal taller, maybe a head or so, unless somewhere along the line a distant throwback somewhere was 6ft tall lol we're destined to have short kids.

I'm having an early night tonight, woke up at 7:15 this morning and havent been back to sleep since. Was asleep before 11 last night though so I did get a fair amount of sleep.

Glad you're feeling better now Marengo
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 8:49am
ok.. I cheated!!

I went to lilypie and plugged in a dummy EDD to put me at about 16 weeks, and it will change on Saturday!!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 9:25am
Haha BK were you worried you'd give birth to a plum?

Well Ive just been to the doctors, $60 later I have a chest infection and been prescribed antibiotics (amoxycillin) I really don't want to take it but I have been so sick for over a week now and I am totally over it! Constantly blowing my nose and coughing up green crap is not my idea of fun.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 9:46am
lol, would have to be the biggest plum on record!!

Eek, on the chest infection, hope the anti-bots clear it up fast!

Stuck at home today waiting for the Sky technician to come and fix our decoder after the power cut on Saturday night fried it... guess it gives me plenty of time to catch up on any missed housework... dammit
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 10:11am
oh no i feel so bad for you sick mummies.. gosh on top of everything else its really the LAST thing you guys need!!!

ooh i'm looking forward to saturday now.. wonder what it will turn into!!!

i'm having a scan tomorrow after my mw appt.. i'm actually feeling sick with excitement cause we will find out the sex.. partner cant come with me but i will get the lady to write it down so that we can both find out together when he gets home.. (i'm going to try not to look at the area in the scan lol..)

ive not had any brown yuckies today.. just normal stuff so i'm feelign good about that now.. but figured i will have scan anyway and if there is anythign there wrong at least it can be picked up. aargh!! i'm so excited!! how an i going to get through today and tomorrow at work!!

did anyone end up going to the pet expo? oh my gosh the baby piggies i loved them.. for some reason baby piggies make me all gooey and want to take them home wrap them in soft blankets and bottle feed them lol.. i just love them cant wait til i can get my own baby piggie to love! silly me..

Went to an open home yesterday.. gosh some pictures that you see on websites of houses are so deceptive!! the house was just tiny and dingy and ugh.. smelly of mould!, it actually made me appreciate my house so much more even with its negative points!

anyway i hope everyon has a great day.. i'm starvign today have eaten most of my food for the day already! And my bump is definately bigger this week, i need to take another pic and post it see what you guys think.

nubba View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 10:33am
Gosh there are a few poorly mummies Hope you all start to feel well soon!

I downloaded the 'what to expect' app for my iphone and am now addicted!! been taking a weekly bump picture for it and i am definately growing something there...but i am still losing weight which is kinda freaking me out a bit. I am big to start with and my MW didn't seem bothered. Just doesn't make sense that my belly and boobs are huge....

Was so excited when it turned into a navel orange this morning ..what is there obsession with likening the sizes to fruit?!!

Am supposed to be studying on a day off but cant be arsed!
Think thats enough of a novel

Hope everyone has a good day
B,E&Rsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B,E&Rsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 10:54am
I have an urban escape 3 wheeler, from the baby factory which I have liked using. I wanted something that would be easy to push on grass and take to the beach. Now I have to find something that takes a toddler seat which fits that criteria and I would prefer not to have the Phil n Ted style. Hopefully something pops up somewhere that is reasonably priced.

I have just caught up with all the posts. Haven't spent much time on the net lately as i got addicted to watching True Blood. I made the mistake of reading the books and then had to watch the series, so we got all 3 seasons and I have now finished watching them all. And now it sucks cos we have to wait till next year for season 4 to start.

I met DH at the pub when our friends hooked up at the table and we were stuck feeling awkward and having to talk to each other. Met again a few weeks later and we have been together ever since.

Bexta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:03am
Hey MrsFord - I'm in the same camp as you. Just been back to the Drs again for my second sinus infection. Not good. She's prescribed me amoxycillin too and said that the antibiotics are safe during pregnancy and that the infeciton in the system can be worse for bubs.

I was naughty and used some nasal spray l(Otravin) ast week - had to as my sinuses were so blocked and I couldn't breath and had a headache that was stronger than my Panadol. Spoke to my Dr about it today and she couldn't say much as it's an over the counter drug.

Then to top it off I ended up with a migraine on Thursday so spent the day at home over the toilet.   Headache hung around until Saturday and had cleared up by Sunday but was having very much a "woe is me" time at the moment. So much for the second trimester being better - feels like I've been sick the entire pregnancy so far!

Sorry about the rant, just want to feel normal again (if I can remember what normal feels like...)

But on a happier note I bought my first pair of maternity jeans - well two pairs as Jeans West had 2 pairs for $100. I had to get them tailored but I pick them up today. Can't wait as I've definitely got a bit of bumpage going on and my clothes are starting to get a wee bit tight!!

Oh and I think the morning sickness may have ended... fxed

Angel Baby June 2010
karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:15am
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyones bugs are getting better - nothing worse than being sick when you can't take any decent drugs to fix it!

Interesting to see the discussion on prams/strollers. At the moment I'm tossing up between the Steelcraft Eden 4 wheel (reverse handle) and the Eden 3 wheel (reverse seat), so both of them can have bubs facing me when little, and both lie completely flat (and are reasonably priced lol!) I would love some feedback on 3 wheel vs. 4 wheel. It seems to me that the 3 wheel are better for off road, but the 4 wheel are good for urban streets etc ...? What are they like for maneuverability?

Bexta, were those maternity jeans from JW? Or regular ones that you had altered? I got some cheap maternity jeans from the Warehouse, but don't like them very much (the elastic keeps rolling down and sitting in the wrong place) so I need to find some decent ones at some stage.

In terms of fruit sizes, I was reading something that said that at 14 weeks bubs is about the size of half a banana, and the uterus is the size of a grapefruit ...
Bexta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:39am
Hey Karen they were maternity jeans and very comfortable (just had them in to get taken up).   I only tried them on for a wee bit and while I don't have that much of a bump the elastic band felt comfortable and didn't feel like it would roll down.

Angel Baby June 2010
CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:42am
Hi Ladies,

Just been trying to catch up on all the posts I am always so far behind! Sorry to hear so many of you are sick I work from home so have missed bugs so far!

Has my NT scan finally today!! Was so much more exciting than last week amazing to see how much bubs grows in one week!! days were normal infact 1 day ahead which was nice and getting put back a week last week was a little unearving! Bubs was moving around lots too and the thickness thing was 2mm which I think is below normal but not 100%??

Also brought my first pair of Maternity jeans from Pumpkin Patch as they were on special, I quiet like them but need to take the legs up, I tried on some in JeansWest but the crotch was so low so really weird, although I liked the colour and style better than the ones I got, but oh well needs must as I have no pants to wear!

Interesting dicussion on prams, we havent really though about it yet but will soon - will def like bubs to be able to face me when young, so much to think about!!!

We are waiting until 14 weeks (next thurs) to tell everyone which seems to be taking an eternity! Cant wait to share the news.

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 1:31pm
Yay BK for your plum finally changing on Saturday

I think it was a good thing I started taking my antibiotics day before yesterday (same kind as you other gals, amoxycillin) because I woke up this morning rattling and after a coughing fit and clearing some gunk out of my lungs I can breathe!! Hopefully I see some more improvement tomorrow and the cough fully clears out before Friday *shakes pompoms* lol.

Hope the scan goes well Marengo and everything's ok. FX they can see what the sex is for you

B&EsMum, please say no more about True Blood! Please? I've only recently watched the second season (all night marathon on DVD lol) and I dont want any spoilers for the third season. I wait for them to come out on DVD so I cant miss an episode Just means it feels like I'm waiting forever!

Had a really really bad sleep last night. Went to bed nice and early, maybe too early. I was asleep by 8 lol. Woke up at 10 for my first loo run this pregnancy and couldnt get back to sleep until 5am! After about an hour of just lying there wide awake I got up and got my mp3 player lol and listened to music for a while. Didnt wake up until 12 so I obviously needed the sleep even though now I have a bit of a headache.

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 3:10pm
pregnancy insomnia is the worst! I used to be a real night owl, now i'm sleeping by 9pm and earlier, but at all my toilet runs i lay awake for a while (feels like hours, is probably only one hour or something!) then sometimes i think i havnt gotten up to go toilet in my sleepy stupor.. so i get up again..

gah hehe..

candybear that measurement soundrs normal, cool eh seeing them that size, its a real baby looking thing now!! can you feel him/her moving about yet??

yuck poor you bexta with your migraine!! but at least your ms is subsiding :)

ive developed an unhealthy obesession with these citrus smoothie things from wendys.. argh! i want to drink them all the time since i had one the other day, they are so tasty! i dont think its a real craving.. well maybe it is as i'm thinking about it now i want to run to the wendys and get one..

i might head into the baby factory this weekend and have a look at strollers, its probably one of the most important purchases i rekin.. you use it so much.. have to get it right!

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 3:15pm
I think I'm actually getting a touch of MS now, just the timing right lol. Just as everyone else gets over it it comes to visit me. Had a bit of a headache earlier and took some panadol then had to rush down some toast so the panadol would stay down! Feeling better now though but urgh!! Not nice!

Just finished vacuuming the house and scrubbed the kitchen floor (on hands and knees, dont have a mop) now I'm going to get onto shifting the washing pile from the washing basket onto the line gotta wash it first though lol. Hoping it's a fine day tomorrow so I can leave it to dry outside rather than wait 2 or 3 days for it to dry in the garage.

Grr DF put a load of washing in the machine this morning, put the powder in but never turned it on lol. Nice of him for trying I guess lol. Will have to remind him which settings work and which ones dont.

Edited by lil_lease

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 3:42pm
re 4-wheeler vs 3-wheeler, it depends on where you plan on using it the most. 3 wheelers are best for going for runs/walks around the block as footpaths arent always smooth like shopping malls lol, but if you only plan on using the pram around town/shops etc, then 4-wheeler is better IMO, when shopping for prams while preg with Jae, my criteria was reversible handles, decent sized parcel tray, and easy to manouever. All 4 wheels on mine (steelcraft enigma) are able to change from locked position to swivel, and its easier to have the 2 wheels leading swivel, and the 2 behind locked into position. 3-wheelers are pretty easy to manouever IF it has a swivelling front wheel, some are fixed, and I tried one and hated it (this was when B was little though, and it just put me right off)

I tried the jeanswest jeans and foud them really comfy, but I can see myself hating them as I get bigger as it sat a wee bit tight on the elastic part, and it was too wide to comfortably stay under my tumy, but not wide enough to give the option of going all the way over tummy... ironically my most comforatble pair of pants atm arent even maternity pants! They are a pair of pants with a very wide roll down band around the waist, and they are just right on how much they stretch, and how much they can hold in/up lol! not bad for a cheap pair of pants from the warehouse Word around other EDD threads is Glassons or Shanton do a similar style for those small enough to shop there lol

I found THE pram I want... the right model/brand, only this time its in Gisborne... its a little closer than Invercargill, but not close enough... whats worse is they have it listed for $50!!! I have another similar style of pram on my watchlist that needs a bit of TLC and its $1 reserve, and local, so might just go for that one, fix it up and use it as a back-up pram for when I CBA with slings etc lol!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

clarebear400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarebear400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 4:01pm
Hello, sorry been super busy flying to Wellington over the weekend and dealing with crap a** Jet Star and their delayed flights. After a very long weekend judging at Aerobics Nationals they delayed my flight from 6:50 to 10:30pm. I was absolutely shattered by the time I got home about midnight and slept till 12:30 today, luckily I had already put in for annual leave knowing I would need a rest.

I hope you are all feeling better poor things I can't imagine much worse than being sick on top of all the other general fatigue etc.

Nubba I am addicted to by what to expect app as well. I haven't started taking pics yet on my phone just on my normal camera, but I might not you have mentioned it.

I am needing maternity jeans now with my expanding bulge so will probably check out Jeans West and Pumpkin Patch this weekend. Any other recommendations for someone quite small (size 8) and very short (5ft)? I am also hoping to find some skinny maternity jeans somewhere for in boots. hmmmmm

[/IMG]
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 4:13pm
I'd love a 4 wheeler with a reversable handle I just cant seem to find one! It sucks lol. Looking at what is avaliable locally on TM, there's barely anything within my price range at the moment (which is peanuts lol) but I'm still looking.

So when I went into Baby Factory yesterday and looked at one of the strollers it was advertised as a Edinburgh Quattro, a google search cant find it and they're not listed on the BF website (then again I see a lot isnt anyway) so I'm wondering if they're actually named something else and BF is just selling them as that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 376>