FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 248>
Author
Jacindarella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 8:27pm
Oh wow! thats so clear Kyra! can see his/her ears , nose and everything

I'm really nervous about the scan tomorrow, my last miscarriage was a missed miscarriage so I'm always scared about scans. I don't think I will be sleeping much tonight.

That sucks you're still getting leg cramps.. did you try taking Magnesium?

Thanks for the tip about the sour apples etc Jas.. I had a normal apple and that helped a little but I'll get some of the other stuff tomorrow.

I'm off for a bath, hope it relaxes me a bit.

Sweets dreams
Sponsored Links

DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 10:21am
Hi

Just checking in before I get packed again for our final move into our house this time!

Scan tomorrow as well so looking forward to that, fingers crossed.

Hope you are all well. Try tonic water Jade might help with the cramps, but will just taste a little yucky without the gin!!
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 10:51am
Yay for more scans.

Jacindarella I really hope your scan goes/went well fingers crossed theres are lovely healthy bubba with a nice strong heartbeat!!

Man c'mon lunch time im SOOO hungry and ive just eaten and chicken chippee and cheese roll Its so bad at night coz after about an hr after dinner im SOOO hungry and i think i could eat a whole sec dinner

Anyway hope everyone is starting to feel better, I think my tiredness is getting better which is great!!!

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 1:12pm
Good luck with the scan Jacinda, Im sure it will all be fine :)

Will try the tonic water.... i already drink heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps of water :)

Hes finally here :-)
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 2:33pm
Hi Ladies, sorry i havn't been on for ages, we have been having internet trouble! Seems to be fixed now and i have spent the last 2 days catching up on all the posts! Congratulations to everyone new and its awesome seeing all the scans come through.

We had our scan last week, it was neat seeing bubs moving around. I didnt really like the scan lady though. She said bubs was only measuring 12 weeks 1 day (rather than 12 weeks 5 days), is that a bad thing? The lady didnt say if it was something we should be concerned about or not...

I have quite a tummy forming but its not hard so I think it is from all the food i am eating :( How is everyone else doing?
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:48pm
It isn't a bad thing I don't think. If it less than a week then it isn't significant.

Was this your first scan and the difference is with what your last period date is saying? If so, with my DS my period dates were giving me an due date that was 3 days later than what was measured on the scan. But because it was less than a week then the MW told me it isn't signficant and they go with what your period dates indicate. As it happens, my DS came on his due date as predicted by the scan! Think that was a complete coincidence!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 5:17pm
Thanks Ladies

The scan was great all that worry for nothing!
Bubba was moving and rolling around, clapping hands.. it was amazing!! unfortunately the pics they printed were terrible angles so I don't have one good pic! I have a DVD though.
He said from his experience the neck measurement looks fine, so thats good! I'll get my bloods tomorrow.

Does anyone know the theory about heart rate predicting gender? is it over 150 for a girl?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 6:04pm
yeah but i think its too early to tell yet???when I went for my 12 week scan it was 156 and the guy said thats normal for that stage...so who knows..

congrats by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

im still thinking im having a boy as havent been sick... but we will see in Nov!

Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 7:03pm
I think the heartrate thing is a myth! My MW reckoned I was having a girl as the heartrate tended to be on the higher side. I had a boy! I guess she had a 50:50 chance of getting it right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 7:30pm
Thanks Jade and Rainbow.. turns out theres nothing on the disk about the heartrate anyway, and he didn't mention it.
You can get gender prediction kits from the pharmacy but I also heard the pool PH tests work the same but are much cheaper.. I might give some of them a go although nothing can be 100% accurate.. could be interesting though

No news from childsplay yet...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 7:36pm
Congrats Jacindarella thats great news, I think the heartrate thing is from about 15-16weeks anyway weather its true or not.

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 8:31pm
I saw my little bubba today briefly at the obstetricians office, unfortunately my Ob had to go to theatre unexpectidly so I didnt really get to far, but I could see the baby moving and got to see the heart beating so thats reassuring. We brought a buggy today :) A cute red phil and teds one, is so nice to push even with my little heffalump in :)
I got all the forms to get the 12 week scan and that, also got the bloods done today. I have to go on Calcium suppliments as my calcium and iron are low, sounds like they are going to monitor me really closely, with fortnightly scans from 24weeks.
Guess it will mean I get to see bubba plenty.

ChildsPlay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChildsPlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 8:39pm
Hi everyone.. Scan went really well - Curly was jumping around like a spring and then fell asleep with legs up in the air sucking thumb.. Too cute.. Face bones looked finer than my DS so could be a girl.. I love these scans - so amazing..!! I'm also now 12w5d.. hmmmm..

Placenta right across my cervix so FX that sucker moves up - I'd be screwed if I had a C section with 2 toddlers..!

20 weeks onwards is when you're meant to test heartbeat theory.. I got it spot on with both my children.. But I wouldn't count on it either.. Fun trying to guess though..!

Hey Jade, when you're tummy goes REAL hard it's normally due to the baby moving - like a mini braxton hick...

Glad scans went well Jacinda and Kyra..

Right, off to tell the world on Facebook.. Eeeeeeek
DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:02pm
Scan tomorrow but wont be able to log back in until Sunday so will update you then.

Night all sleep well :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:24pm
Yay Donna, I just saw yr post on facebook :)

Yeah tummys not hard at night time, prob from eating all day, but its firmer in the morning when I first get up... just look like ive eaten all the pies at the moment lol....

anyways going to bed... night all. Good Luck with Scan Daisy.

Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:03am
We are in danger of getting to last position in the Due in 2011 threads number of posts tally!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:26am
Good morning all

Fantastic news Donna! Did you get a good pic?

Thats great you got to see bubba even for just a lil while Poohbear! Congrats on the heartbeat.. it's such a beautiful sight!

Goodluck with the scan daisyboo!

Does that mean we have to pick up the pace Rainbow?

Couple of questions..
I had my first meeting with my Midwife last week and she said she won't see me again untill 18 weeks.. is that normal?
Also is anyone else having to get up to the toilet 50 million times at night? (not quite that many but 3 or 4 )

I hope everyone is feeling well!
Talk soon
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:57am
Hi guys, it's exciting that there's been plenty of good scans and heartbeats I was suppose to see my mw last week, but due to the earthquake, she asked to see me this wednesday and then couldn't due to another m2b being inducted, so now I will hopefully be seeing her on Monday. Can't wait as I'm dying to hear the heartbeat for the 1st time .
Jacinda, you should see your mw every 4 weeks or so until sometime around the 24-26 week mark then fornightly, and then weekly closer to the due date. I can't remember the timings exactly. 7 weeks does seem a little longer than usual, although saying that, due to everything that's happened with my mw, it's going to be 7 weeks next week since I last saw her. Re: the going to the toilet, it's only about once a night now, but before the 12 week mark, it was at least 2-3 times. It gets better in the 2nd trimester and then worse again once bubs gets bigger.
Donna, yay for a good scan, fingers xd the placenta moves for you. I hope things are going better with your mum now.
Poohbear, congrats on your pram. Sounds very cool. I've got DS's pram, but I've been given a sling from my SIL so I might try that this time.
Hi to anyone else I've missed and welcome to the new mummies to be

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:21am
I think its meant tobe every 4weeks to start with but my mw is doing it every 5 weeks at the beginning prob just because nothing exciting is happening but once you get past 20weeks they start looking at protein etc so maybe she will see you more after that and if not I would say something coz 7weeks is a long time!!!

Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:33am
Phew, we are temporarily saved from being the least talkative by the new June 2011 thread!

My MW saw me at 12 weeks and will see me again at 18 weeks so that is 6 weeks. The pace def picks up after mid 20 weeks.

I am feeling a bit non-pregnant. Worries me a little. Haven't felt the wee bubbles for a while either but I am sure it is due to the baby being so small and the ever changing position...or perhaps the wee bubbles weren't it moving at all - even though it felt like it did with DS, albeit much earlier.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 248>