FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEasiyo while pregnant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easiyo while pregnant?
    Posted: 16 September 2010 at 12:37pm
Something I never even thought about last time I was pregnant but this time I'm a little paranoid, is Easiyo safe to eat or not when you're pregnant?

I know it sits around for about 8 hours in lovely warm water, in perfect bacteria breeding temperatures, so it's probably a Durrrr thing, but I'd like others thoughts on it please I love yogurt and making it at home does end up being cheaper for DF and I than buying it premade all the time.

TIA
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 12:56pm
According to their website you can :) Linky
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 1:00pm
Ooh thank you for that caraMel. I never actually thought about looking at their website

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 1:01pm
No worries, enjoy!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 2:43pm

I was told not to eat it. Not cause there's anything wrong with it. More cause it makes a large batch that gets left to sit in the fridge. I was told the same with the big 1kg tubs of yoghurt from the supermarket.

I ended up throwing mine out. I've stuck with the individual yoghurts instead.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:00pm
DF and I go through yogurt fast enough that it wouldnt be sitting there for more than a couple of days. We usually, if we're going to buy yogurt, get a 1L tub each and it's all gone in a few days.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:22pm
I ate it all the time while pregnant...one tub of easiyo only lasts about 3 days here though.

I always went by the rule if i ate it before i was pregnant then i ate it while pregnant, but if it was something i hardly ate, then i didnt eat it while pregnant

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:50pm
I'll eat stuff like yoghurt if it's been open less than 2 days but no more than that. Very little reason to my logic (or logic to my reason!) but .....

Mum to two wee boys
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:52pm
I have wondered the same but I am thinking that if it is kept cold once made and eaten in the 2 days frame then it shouldn't be any different.....might ask my MW what she thinks. DS eats it but so I could eat a bit during the first 2 days and he can finish it !

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:18pm
I ate it with no problems but like everyone else I love yoghurt so ate it quickly, never lasts more than 2 days! Umm same with the big 1kg tubs but my rule is opened for no more than 3-4 days max before it gets biffed.
my2girls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 8:55am
My midwife actually reccomended eating the Easiyo yoghurt
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 9:56am
The 8 hours in warm is fine as the bacteria in the yoghurt culture should keep the growth of other bacteria really low. Just make sure you eat it within a few days as the active culture reaches its peak in that 8 hours and other bacteria can come in.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 10:32am
I ate the 1kg tubs when pregnant, never even crossed my mind it could be an issue as its just yoghurt but it was always eaten within a few days anyways, as I took my iron pills with it.

Post Reply Post Reply