FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChristening gown- Where to buy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nora38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nora38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christening gown- Where to buy?
    Posted: 30 October 2010 at 9:02pm
Hi there,

Im new to NZ and living in Auckland and have just spend the best part of 2 hours googling businesses that might sell a christening dress for my daughter, and cant find a single one!

Could anyone please help? Im looking for a little Christening dress nothing to flash!

Are there any shops in Auckland that stock Christening gowns/dresses? Or perhaps a reputable dressmaker?

Cheers,
Nora
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 10:05pm
I would think that alot of christening gowns are handed down through the family so I doubt there are many stockists.
I can recommend a dressmaker in Swanson/Ranui if you are out this way, she made my wedding dress and SIL's as well
Lindsey

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 10:50pm

There's a store in Wellington called Glad that sells them, they may deliver.  I'm pretty sure Kirkaldie & Stains have them too (also in Wgtn). 

In Akl you could try The Catholic Shop (09 373 3376), if they don't sell them they could certainly suggest someone that does.

Niki2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niki2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 8:23am
There are some really cute church/christening dresses out South Auckland way Otahuhu in particular, they are in the shops which sell really cool clothes for the kids who go to church every week and get all dressed up, cute little suits and beautiful dresses all at really reasonable prices too.
kandk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 2:06pm
Try Trade Me - new and used on there

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 11:07pm
Yeah I can imagine down in Otahuhu there would be a few places that sold them. I can't really help as my mum made DS one... cute as too hehe.

Just a few links I found...maybe try christening gown not dress?

Kellie Girl    Haha love some of the frills!

Best dressed kids

execukids These guys are wholesalers but might be able to give you names of retailers?

Funnily enough, the search I did brought up this topic

Oct 11
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 1:29pm

We did a christening article in Issue 7. The christening dresses we featured were from Dimples (www.dimples.co.nz), Poppet Babywear (www.poppetbabywear.com), Amelia's (no website but they are on Dominion Road, I believe -- 09 620 5972).

pa139762 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa139762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 2:48pm
could you provide the details for the westie lady that does christening outfits. I have 2 daughters and I live in Henderson.
Maya139998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maya139998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 10:56pm
I have no experience of buying a christening dress. My grand mother gifted me one, when I was toddler.
lisahearton140002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisahearton140002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 11:21pm
I have four sister and I am the youngest one. So, naturally I never get anything new. But I have promised my baby that she is and continue to get everything brand new.
terese200542 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terese200542 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 10:29am
Originally posted by nora38 nora38 wrote:

Hi there,

Im new to NZ and living in Auckland and have just spend the best part of 2 hours googling businesses that might sell a christening dress for my daughter, and cant find a single one!

Could anyone please help? Im looking for a little Christening dress nothing to flash!

Are there any shops in Auckland that stock Christening gowns/dresses? Or perhaps a reputable dressmaker?

Cheers,

Nora
terese200542 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terese200542 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 10:31am
Hi am in nsw and i do couture christening wear in silk or cotton or satin ring me 0427820744 re what you want or text me also baby age when date of christening
thanks therese
my label is cutiepye google it to see my gowns
 Post Reply Post Reply