FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2011 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 262>
Author
lhw312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhw312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:14pm
my DH smokes too.. i hate it. He has tried the patches before, but didnt work. What type of pills are those? where do u buy them?and are they expensive?

Really would love him to stop...can't stand the smell/taste, and wasting so much money.

With regards to the birth plan.. i dont really have one. MW and I havent really talked about it, apart from that im having a c-section, the main reason we havent talked about it much is because waitakere hosp have been throwing me around to different obstertricians, and none of them can seem to decide when im having the c-section, and never bother to contact me or my midwife... needless to say my MW and I are getting VERY PISSED OFF... as im now nearly 32 weeks!!
Anyway got MW tomorrow morning, so Ill see if any progress has been made...
Sponsored Links

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:19pm
Thats sucks IHW312 hope they get onto it soon.

My DP had tried all patches etc before nothing worked. My friend lent him a book(ill get more info about it soon) he read it in 2 nights, he also isnt a reader so was very pleased with himself. Then he has just stopped. My friend & DP also gave up from the book. They are both very long time smokers too.

my body is so achy today i think ill have a nice soak in the bath tonight to relax.

I did my first online shop last week also. Was pretty happy. Although i think ill stick to doing it every other week rather than each week. Or ill see how i go when baby arrives
Meegiemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meegiemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:22pm
Thats fair enough! Yeah I saw that add too, cant remember what these ones are called, but are used for all kinds of addictions, but mainly used for obese peeps weird enough. (You would of heard of them once I can remember the name)

He gets a 3 month pack for $3 from his doctor and I'm sure he just takes one morning and night.

I can hear you on the money front, he confessed to me a few weeks ago he was spending $70per week. Thats alomst a pack a day! I didnt need to say anything, he saw the horror on my face and made an appointment with the doc lol.

chimchim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:24pm
Good on him Meggiemoo - I used to smoke and it is hard to quit.

How good is online grocery shopping!! I love it! Totally worth paying the delivery fee.

Im hoping my MW will start out Birth Plan soon, I want her to let me know in advance so DH can make sure he is there too. Esp with the decisions that need to be made.

My feet have started to swell up and get all tight and ichy. Asked my MW about it but she said nothing to worry about, joys of pregnancy. Cant ever wear shoes at the mo so Im in my jandal at the office - looks hard case.

Hope they settle down as we are flying to Sydney in 2 weeks

Whoever said they were having a long hot bath tonight has made my mind up for me - I have a date with the tub.

.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:24pm
The chocolate is long gone!
Yum yum yum.

I hear you on the smoking thing, it drives me mental that he spends $15 on a pack of smokes each day, and tells me that he has no money to get baby stuff.

Had midwife appointment today, the little sh*t is sitting sideways (can't remember the official names) when he was head down, back-to-back.
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:42pm
Evening everyone, been a long time since I posted in here! You ladies sure can talk!!! Been for a big walk this afternoon, and DD is crashed out in the pram so I have a few minutes to think straight!!!

MW appointment yesterday, she is a bit worried that baby is going to be big (measuring ahead already - I thought it was 1cm/week which makes it only 1 weeks ahead, but she has this weird graph that says different?!?! And I'm WAY off it) which will put paid to my plans to deliver at Birthcare. I suppose it's not TOTALLY unexpected, given that DD was 9lb2, but I'm still now nervous about having a whopper!!!

I filled out my birthplan, fairly basic, take things as they come but I don't want to be offered drugs within 5 minutes of arrival like last time, and NO pethidine! Delayed cord clamping, no ecbolic until cord is cut.

Good luck to all the DH's quitting smoking!

I went nuts before DD was born with the freezer meals, and things are shaping up to be the same this time. Made 2 freezer lasagne's last night, have got meat pies and soup galore, and will have to make up another couple of batches of pasta sauce (I have 11 icecream containers of chopped tomatoes in the freezer courtesy of my wondeful MIL) sometime soon. Maybe when I finish work...

Have a photo session tomorrow morning, going to get some bump pics done, even though it's a bit early the photographer had a good deal! Will put some pics on FB when I get them.

I'd better go, it's pretty much dark and DD is probably being eaten alive outside in the pram... will catch up again eventually!
lhw312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhw312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by chimchim chimchim wrote:

Whoever said they were having a long hot bath tonight has made my mind up for me - I have a date with the tub.

ha I had a nice warm bath the other night... but couldn't get out..lol, had to call DH to lift me out..
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:44pm
whoops haven't been on here for ages too! just the odd read now and then. I think those pills are called champex? My friend did it 3 years ago really successfully!

Sorry to hear aobut those having a hard time with medical compliants, stolen wallets. Not good

No sleep for DS today so I am a bit knackered. off to bed early tonight. I have a growth scan next week I am anxious to see how big he is, might be like you Squishysmum... a big baby!

I took photos of my bump and also DS and new babies room, I was going to post to July FB page but I am not sure how?? May get hubby to help...

YAY.. one more day till the weekend.

YAY .... 10 more working days for me!
Kiwifruit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwifruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:23pm
My DH has been smoke free for almost 5 years now but it took about 3 attempts. 1st time we were teenages and he used medication from quitline (cant remeber the name) was very successful but he started again because he enjoyed a smoke after a surf! Another time, he smoked his last ciggy at home and within 2 hours we had both snuck out of the house to buy him smokes because he became a bear with a very sore head!! DH was only successful when we were in the UK. It was a couple of things that helped - a change in environment, becomming a gym addict (lol) and patches during the day (who smokes when the are asleep?). Only one or two slip ups since then and he feels so guilty he confesses as soon as he gets home - he gets a look but no comments.

My DS is entering the whining 'noooooo' stage, which is doing my head in! I guess my patience is short at the mo so I have to take deep breaths and keep soldering on calmly or it just escalates.

Starting to get my hospital bag ready. Am going to be cooking / baking up a storm come pay day. Just starting to get the feeling that I need to be ready for an early birth, no reason, just a feeling

Havnt done birth plan yet, but I see MW on Monday so I think it will be soon. Not sure about cord blood, need to chat with DH about that as we didnt do it last time but we are better off financially this time round. No pethidine this time, I feel I need to be more aware, but happy to have gas. Delayed cord clamping, Vit k and lots of skin to skin.

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 8:23pm
I wanted to do the whole shopping online thing, but DH is dead against paying the delivery fee. So guess where he is tonight?! The supermarket

Good luck to all the partners giving up smoking. I was a social smoker back in the day, but never got addicted. Thank goodness.

Second night in a row of baking the BEST chocolate chip cookies tonight. They didn't last long and DD and I eat the rest today and DH was a bit put out, so have another batch in the oven.

Chimchmim I'm starting to get very slightly swollen feet too. They feel tight. This pregnancy is heading to be the same as DD. Am expecting my BP to skyrocket any week now, which will mean lots of hours spent at the hospital waiting for the Dr's to make up their minds about eviction. Great.

kazcet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazcet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:06pm
Bad bad baby names

Funny site about baby naming

My Babies-(1) DD-16y,(2) DS-14y,(3) DD-11y,(4) DD-8y,(5) DD-1y,(6) DS-Due 16th July 2011
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:56am
Originally posted by kazcet kazcet wrote:

Bad bad baby names

Funny site about baby naming

Haha that was funny

Whats everyone got planned for there weekend. Not much going on here Although i might make up a few batches of soup to freeze.

What other meals are others freezing. I want to know what freezes well?? Thanks

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:57am
Under General there is a thread with Free delivery codes for shopping online. I used a free one. Not too keen on delivery costs either
Meegiemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meegiemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:18am
Yay snooze, 10 more working days for me too (after today) Im so excited! Although I know I will get bored very fast. Time to start planning how I will stay sane at home for 5-6 weeks. Im sure my house will sparkle!

Flatties gave notice last night and are moving out next weekend. I GET A BABY ROOM!!! Woohoo!!

No cool about the swelling. Its an aweful feeling aye. Ive been lucky and just get swollen hands while Im in bed. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Fingers crossed your BP dosent skyrocket Jax!!

Had a cramp attack last night in bed, woke up to my leg in a full on knot. Was labour breathing through the pain lol (Thanks antenatal classes)! Lasted about 4 mins and I managed to make it stop by putting my foot on the cold wood of bedside table. Walking with a limp today, think I did a bit of damage I really hope that dosent happen again, holy crap it was painful.

Wicked SMS, my BIL uses online grocheries and it seems so convienient. With free delivery, I might just give it a go!

DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:01am
they don't even offer pethidine at palmy hospital any more, i assume the rest of the country will follow suit at some point???

tgif - this week has gone BLOODY fast, have been pulling some big hours at work, making me one happy, tired woman haha.

Yay electrician and builders coming around this weekend to start the BABY ROOM, thank GOD! gib stopping and paint picking next week!

DP smokes socially ... I hate it - he knows so, i told him after bub is born if he smells like it, he won't be holding his child hehe .. mean? me? Also he was very kind to me last weekend, he went out and i told him not to jump in bed if he smelly drunk, and he actually listened and slept on the couch! I bought him maccas for breakfast to say thanks !

happy go lucky today, nearly finished my baby hat that I have been knitting for the past 4months ahha
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:01am
Awesome Lexiloo. Bet you are excited about babies room. You will have to keep us updated with photos.

Yah for finishing baby hat I gave up on my blanket, i knew i wouldnt finish it by baby being born. Im making a cardigan though so i hope to finish it within the next week or two. So far its going well.
Meegiemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meegiemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:29am
Just ordered groceries online with free delivery thanks SMS! And they are being delivered tonight when I get home. That's one less thing I have to do this weekend!

I HATE supermarkets so I'm really stoked right now hehe

2boysnbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysnbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:35am

Originally posted by lexiloo lexiloo wrote:

they don't even offer pethidine at palmy hospital any more, i assume the rest of the country will follow suit at some point??? 

yeah the offer Fentanyl now which is less side effects for mummy and baby but the effects are still there as with any narcotic drug it will pass thru the placenta. good thing is that they can offer in 1/4 and 1/2 doses if you do decide that you want that kind of pain relief :)

gas is usually all i need so am hoping can do the same again thsi time or maybe with none? hmmm if baby is early like DS2 then baby will be born in 5 weeks time! (or next month) DEEP BREATHs !

DS1 (20.11.06) 5 years
DS2 (15.09.09) 2 years
BabyRixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyRixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:36am
Wow I haven't been on here for ages... Didn't realise how far along we all are till I saw all your tickers again! Can't wait to have a baby instead of a bump... Then again, don't want you to come too early bubba!

I like supermarket shopping, what a geek. Probably won't so much once I have the little one. Looking forward to using the mummy car parks at the mall though (how sad!).

Have baby shower tomorrow followed by a bbq for the guys too. I'm very excited! It's at my mums place, even though she's in Australia ATM. So I'm gathering up all the bits and pieces before heading down to Manaukau. My cousin and I have lots to do tonight! Would like to get almost everything done tonight and just worry about food tomorrow!

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
LittleBoPeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBoPeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:39pm
My dad used to be a 75 ciggies a day smoker. It drove us all nuts! One thing that stopped in smoking was being hypnotised.
He was convinced it was a crock, so went along to prove to everyone that it was. Every-time he tried to have a ciggie he was violently ill (it was almost funny seeing him working and talking on the phone, smoking and almost vomiting at the same time). He did start smoking again for a few years, but that was through pure determination. He said it was the hardest couple of months of his life trying to start smoking after being hypnotised. There was no sympathy from us, only disappointment.

Keep on at them though. Dad was diagnosed terminal in the late 50s. Unless you DP's are as big an idiots as my dad was it might work for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 262>