FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHi all

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kylieaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylieaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi all
    Posted: 16 November 2010 at 7:32pm

Hey all, it's so great there is a place to connect with women in NZ in the same situation and I look foward to getting to know you guys. I am 24 and my partner and I have been ttc for a couple months now. I know it hasn't been long but I am so impatient to get pregnant as I have been wanting a baby for a long time now and my partner only recently decided he wanted one now too. I have a couple of questions to anyone that can help:

Firstly, when I was 20 I suffered from anorexia which lasted 2-3 years along with disordered bingeing etc. I have never been overweight but over those years I have seesawed with my weight. Right now I have control to some extent over my eating and knowing I am ttc makes me even healthier so that really isn't an issue. I am just wondering if this is going to affect me ttc? I recently read about a woman who had anorexia and it took her 5 years to get pregnant. I am terrified I have damaged my body, and really only have myself to blame for that.

Secondly, since I have gone off the pill my skin has gone crazy. I never really suffered from acne, just breaking out when my period was due, but once I was put on the pill 5 years ago, my skin has been clear pretty much all the time. Now it's just terrible and I also have little bumps on my chest. Does anyone have any advice on what to help with my skin? I use only natural products but am pretty much willing to try anything. I am using Sukin products and Lucas' papaw ointment plus only mineral makeup. Of course if having bad skin is the trade off for having a baby then I don't want to complain but I have never felt less attractive than I do now.

Thanks in advance :)  

Kylie

Kylie

"I brought children into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring"
Sponsored Links

_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 8:55pm
Welcome to OhBaby! Kylie and congrats on TTC!

I'm sorry to say I'm not much help with your questions, I don't know about the anorexia. Have you spoken to your GP about this?

The pill does do funny things to our bodies. I used to have bad skin, but I'm the opposite, since coming off the pill my skin has got much better. I did have microdermabrasion every now and again which is expensive, but I found it made a difference. Can you go and see a skin clinic for it? Hugs though as I know how awful bad skin can make you feel
Sezzels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sezzels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 11:18pm
Hi Kylie,

Welcome! Hope your ttc journey is short and sweet.

I can definitely relate to your story. I haven't shared this on OB before but I also suffered anorexia as a teenager and ever since, its been a real struggle to find a balance. While I am in a healthy place now, I still find my body is extremely sensitive to any changes - be it stress, exercise or illness - and as a result AF can disappear for any length of time without warning (and not for the reason I'd want!). Knowing this, DH and I decided to stop using contraception when we got married in 2008. This last year we've really stepped up our efforts and through a combination of acupuncture, seeing a naturopath and taking clomid (which has had the biggest effect), I finally have a "normal" cycle. We're still patiently waiting for our BFP but I feel like its possible now!

Sorry for rambling about my story! I hope I haven't scared you - I'm not necessarily the norm and there's a good chance your BFP is just around the corner. However, I would advise getting a bit of help - have a chat to your gp or try out a naturopath. If you're like me, you're probably a bit deficient in some areas, and the naturopath will help sort out what you need for general health as well as ttc (I'm sure they can help with your skin probs too). They will probably get you charting and you will learn a lot about your cycle and body - so I believe its a good investment!

Finally, I just want to say its really great to hear you feel you've regained control over your eating and lifestyle. I know this is something that never really leaves you and its an ongoing battle - but it sounds like you're definitely on the right track.

If you ever want to chat about anything - feel free to pm me

Take care xx
 Post Reply Post Reply