FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLosing weight after baby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Losing weight after baby
    Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:30pm
So who is on the weight loss after baby road?

How much did you gain?

How much would you like to lose?

What are you doing to lose the weight?

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:50pm
Well I had a bit of an issue with motivation for a good portion of the last 11 months.

Didn't find any motivation til DD was 9 1/2 months old.

...I thought the BFing would drop it all off...I was wrong!

But what didn't help, with motivation and weight loss was the fact that, for all this time, I was unaware that my thyroid is under-active. So my moods sucked, my energy did not exist, I was losing heaps of hair, not losing weight, was in fact gaining weight and just felt like utter crap!

I'm 31, I have Sophie(7) and Annabelle(11 months old). I lost all the pregnancy weight in 6 months with Sophie, but still haven't lost the weight from having Annabelle.

With Sophie, I was 52kgs when I got pregnant, gained 24.5kgs and lost all that by the time she was 7 months old. But I was younger, 24 in fact.   With Annabelle, I was 63kgs, gained 27kgs and am currently 65-66kgs and I'm 31 now.

So I was exercising and eating healthy from the time she was 9 1/2 months old and slowly losing weight. But then I am assuming my thyroid function took another dive around mid-November.   I was just tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I got and wasn't losing any more weight and was so drained. So I just did not have any energy for exercise. Plus my knees started playing up and every time I'd jog downhill they'd be really painful. So my body just wasn't keen for the daily jogs/walks any more.    Plus I was losing a bit of hair. So I did start to suspect maybe my thyroid wasn't doing it's job so well. So got it checked and yup, thyroid levels were low again. So I'm on 2 tablets now.

But I've just kept getting sick, so I'm not seeing any good result from the tablets. First I had a cold, then conjuntivitous and then I started losing my voice and got a cough. So I'm still in the process of becoming well again. So sick of being sick!

I have brought a book, 'Eating for Life - by Bill Phillips'. So I will read that at some point. It looks good and the food and recipes look really appealing and it's not the atkins diet, yay!

I have done the atkins diet when older DD was 3. And I got down to 49kgs    Bit too small tbh! And I may have been slim, but I was so grumpy! Sticking to 20grams a day of carbs is hard!!! Plus I met DP and most of us know how some women get into a relationship and get comfortable and gain weight. Yeah and when we are single, we look our best!

Edited by escadachic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:54pm
Oh, by the way, 63kgs is my pre-pregnancy weight, but my goal weight is 55kgs.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:21am
ME!

I gained 30kg with Daniel, went from 70kg to 99kg *shudder* I worked all that off and got down to 67.9kg before I got preg with Alex and thats with having Jared in between.

With Alex 2w after having him I was 75.5kg, now I'm back to 68kg.

To loose it I'm doing the good old eat well and exercise. I wanna get down to 60kg, but my ultimate is 56-58ish. But in the end the number doens't matter too much its more my size I'm concerned with. Most of my weight is carried around my tummy, hips and butt and thats where I wanna shrink down. I work out twice a day. One is cardio and one is weights.

Edited by kebakat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:26pm
How tall are you kebakat?

I'm 5 ft 2 1/2(158cms)

So any extra weight I have is really obvious, being I didn't have height to make me appear slimmer.

Yeah I guess the number isn't the issue here either, more the size. I would love to be a size 8, but size 10 is fine too. It's just so many of my clothes are either size 8 or 10. And I refuse to get rid of them, as they are too nice to get rid of. But my energy is still really low, so having trouble starting off the exercising.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:01pm
I'm 5'4 just so I'm a shorty too. The smallest I've been is a 12, I wanna fit a 10 comfortably. My oldest friend is the same height as me and was a similar build and shape and shes now an 8 so thats given me motivation knowing its possible

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:57pm
Yeah I know it's definitely possible after 1 baby. Here's some pic's of me when older DD was about 3 1/2. I think I was a size 8.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:58pm
I just thinking it might be a bit harder this time. As I've know had 2 children and I'm 31.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:22pm
It may just take longer
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:06am
Hi Kelly, hows the weight loss going?

I am on the "loose weight after baby" as well. I was 74kg before getting pregnant. I gained 10kg during pregnancy which put me up to 84kg.

Currently I am 77kg I have lost 3kg doing weight watchers. Motivation is my down fall, and snacking on chocolate lol

I kind of thought the weight would just go away after having the baby but it didn't. (yeah i know thats silly of me to think it would while I sat on my but lol)

My goal weight is 59kg so I still have 18kg to go. I have been trying to get out and walk but we live in the country and I don't feel safe walking along the road with cars going 100km/h next to me especially if I have the kids with me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:27pm
Yeah weight loss, is at zero weight loss so far. I too have a motivation issue. I too thought BFing and not exercising would be enough..I was wrong!

I seem to be just going between 65-66kgs.

I need to exercise to help this and change my diet. Doesn't help DP keeps dishing up potatoes and other unhealthy high-carb foods.

Not doing W.W or anything. And at the moment the scale is my enemy LOL!

My ideal weight is 50kgs, but maybe that is too small. I'd like to be a size 8-9.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:28pm
Well, actually, I'd like that figure I had in the photo, when I had brown hair. I'd like that exact figure!

BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:01pm
I must say you were dam hot in that photo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:35pm
Oh thankx Tania!

For once I can actually agree. I'd love to look like that again. I'm the only person in the way of that happening.

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:01am
I'm on the weight loss mission too!

I stopped weighing myself once I hit the 30kg weight gain mark while pregnant with DD (but I was pregnant for another 3 weeks so I definitely would have put more on!)

After she was born I managed to shed 20kg of it but this last 10 is so bloody stubborn. I'm on meds too which are bad for weight gain so the main goal has been just to not put ON any more, but I'm hoping that with month after month of exercising 45+ mins a day and eating really well that the scale will soon tip the other way! I've lost about 3kg since last September...hopefully it's one of those slowly but surely things

I'm not really focusing on a size either. I don't think I'll ever get to pre-baby weight and I think I'm OK with that- I'd just like to feel really healthy and fit

How's the exercise going, escadachic and BriAndOlisMum and kebakat?

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:17am
I'm probably considered a freak exercise wise. I do a workout of some form 3x a day - 7 days a week unless we go to the beach one weekend day in which case I only get 1 workout in that day Its generally a 30mins weights session, a zumba workout and 50 mins on the treadmill.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:46pm
Um...exercise....um....

Haven't done any....

I have no energy at the moment. So having my thyroid function re-checked. As I am just so tired! And I do get enough sleep. But I'm maintained 65-66kgs, so that's ok. As I'm not gaining.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 3:28pm
I lost 40 something kgs in under a year .. and I was old, so it can definately be done

Im currently a size 8-10 depending on the brand of clothing .. im not skinny like you were though, although Im relatively short too .. 161cm
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 11:40pm
Still haven't got anywhere with the weight loss. But that could be due to my new addiction...making cupcakes...oh yes and eating them!

I'm 67kgs presently.

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 7:52pm
Meeeee

I'm 5'7 and currently 76kg would ultimatly want to be 60kg but thats a dream figure from back in the high school years. I'm normally around 65-70kg pre pregnancy and i'll settle for that.

Now DS is over 6 weeks i'm out of the "recovering from childbirth" excuse. I'm also trying to live by the 9 months on 9 months off motto but idealy i'd like that to be 6 months off!

I managed to go frm 67kg to 89kg while pregnant and i didnt weigh myself after i went overdue so i'm sure i tipped into the 90s, i just couldnt bear to "officially" see a number starting with a 9, call me silly!

And DS was 4.5kg of that weight just by himself!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>