FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAntenatal Class in Tauranga

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antenatal Class in Tauranga
    Posted: 02 February 2011 at 11:48am
Hi

Does anyone know of a good antenatal class in Tauranga? MW has said I should look at booking as now 14 weeks and classes fill up fast.

Don't really know any mums in Tauranga so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Edited by BikeBaby
Sponsored Links

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 4:42pm
Hi there.

Me and my partner went to home birth classes at Grindz cafe. They're not just for people planning a home birth. They're right into natural things but they give information about everything and encourage everyone to make informed choices, which i think is really good. So you get good info about both sides, natural and medical. Both woman are lovely and make you feel very welcome.

I'm not sure if they're still running or not as that was a few years ago but here are contact details for one of the woman. Holly Clark (07) 543 0334     
fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 8:40pm
Hey
I've done classes though Birthwise for both my older kids. I found them pretty good. The facilitator is down to earth and funny.

The other option my midwife suggested was though the Parent's Centre. One of my collegues and his wife went though them and enjoyed them. One of the bonuses of the Parent's Centre is if you become a member you can do other relevant classes after baby is born. Things like baby massage etc.

ChrisW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 9:41pm
I used the Parents centre and also took advantage of some of their baby courses as well. Was great and we meet some awesome people.
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 12:20pm
I'm not in Tauranga but I know Parents Centres do great courses, and like the others have said, they run post-natal courses such as baby and you which are really worthwhile
BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 6:40pm
Thanks so much for the feedback, makes the selection easier to narrow down
 Post Reply Post Reply