FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in June 2007!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 253>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 5:00pm
I don't put my head back at all when taking pills and no matter where my head is I still have choke to death lol..

When I'm feeling gross and I eat something sweet - like chocolate for example I feel better. Anyone else got this? And anyone know why it works? lol I don't mind except if I eat too much stuff like that I'll put on too much weight lol
Sponsored Links

yalanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yalanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 5:46pm
Just thought, you could try homeopathics too, they are safe in pregnancy and some people find them really good for sinuses. But dont touch the tablets with your fingers, apparently it affects the effectiveness of them.
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 5:48pm
Thanks Yalanna! Taht is good to know - with the polaramine, I will look at that as I can take it before bed - last night it meant I slept with my mouth open (nose completely blocked) so woke up so dehydrtaed last night! I guess I can still use my allinase spray if those others are ok too.
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 5:52pm

< language=> Bombshell - since losing some to the porcelin god ive kinda gone off it.

Yeah its the calci-kids but someone i know consumes up to 12 litres a week LOL!!!

My craving for this week has been tomatoes, fresh of course

< language=>

Edited by Binkas Mum
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 10:11pm
Stacey- apparently nausea can incease when you have low blood sugar levels so a dose of something sweet like chocolate can hike those up pretty quickly and make you feel better. I can't stand chocolate at the moment (soooo unlike me as I usually live on the stuff) but I am so into starbursts!

Thats so good to know about the antihistamines Yalanna! I get terrible hayfever and didn't take anything last time around so was absolutely miserable. Luckily I don't get it over here but when I come back to visit its good to know there is something I can take.

10 weeks today- woohoo!!!

Edited by Jennz
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 10:13pm
Ooooooo and have you seen! We're no longer the 'newbies'!!! July 07 thread has started!
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 5:38am
I was totally addicted to chocolate milk with Haleigh, not so much now, I can't stomach chocolate at the moment.
My midwife I had with Haleigh was a homeopathic, and I have to say the tablet she gave me in labour sure worked, I was in second stage not long after lol.
My MS has finally gone YAY!!!!
I never got it with Haleigh so it's been hard to handle this time round.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 7:46am
LOL Sylvo....me drink 12 litres a week no....well actually yes at one point...now down to like 4 - 6...this kid will have the strongest bones around - and her milk teeth show up big time on the scan too!!!

oh the choccy thing...i went off completely and i LOVE choc!

Have a friend who is due 28th june now too....am trying to convince her to come join u guys...shes not internet savvy but think it will help her - she is nervous cause she is bleeding still. Thats so not fair....
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 8:03am
Awwww I'm sooo close to my lil milestone of 8 weeks!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 10:00am
Yay for people trucking on to their milestones! I will be 7 weeks tomorrow - that will be good (even though I was already there just before the scan - lol!)

Mmmmm Chocolate milk is good! I am drinking a bottle of Primo most days - i don't like any of the others anywhere near as much as that!

Had that terrible can't breathe nose closing last night, so got up and had a squirt of the spray - it was bliss to wake up this morning refreshed and having breathed through my nose and NOT my mouth all night!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:16am
Wow 10 weeks already Jen man its going fast.
I have been feeling so sick all day everyday but have figured out that if I go out and do stuff I don't feel so bad than if i sit at home feeling sorry for myself. Someone on here said to put a banana next to bed to eat first thing this has worked so well for me so thanx to whoever it was.
I had convinced myself I didn't feel this bad with Jack but I just found a book where I wrote stuff about last pregnancy down and it was like this so I bet the new baby is a boy. I recommend writing a wee diary or something if you are planning on having another one cos you really forget everything.
Glad to hear everything is well miss it must be a good sign to see the heart so early on.
I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday for the first time yay
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:17am
Oh yeah when I was taking the folic acid pills they used to make me sick but not if they were in a multi vitamin.

and I'm starting to get fat too especially at night time
yalanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yalanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:26am
Hate to disappoint you miss, but did you know that dairy products can be allergens and may be making your sinusitis worse too? They are also suggesting if there are bad allergies in the family such as asthma and eczema to avoid dairy products in pregnancy and while breastfeeding. If you are worried about calcium, there is more in broccolli than milk anyway.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:34am
OMG I so never knew that.
I knew brocoli had more calcium than milk but didnt realise you shouldnt have s\dairy while pregs and breastfeeding if theres asthma or ezcema in the family.
We have both in my family, from psoriasis to dermatitis, and a few asthmatics.
I knew you shouldnt feed bubs dairy till after 1 or 2 yrs if ezcema and asthma were in the family but I didnt realise they should also be avoided during pregs and b/f.
Wonder why I was told to make sure I ate heaps of dairy even with the knowledge of them in my family??
Thanks for that :o)
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:48am
We have a family history of asthma and ezcema and I ate dairy through preg and bfing bc i need the calcium. I would talk to your midwife before cutting it out tho beacuse your bones and teeth need all the calcium they can get.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:59am
Yeah thats what I thought.
Things are so confusing these days.
Why cant it be as simplae as when my mum had me, she got to eat what ever she wanted lol.
I have to say I am totally craving Sushi
Role on June so I can feed my face full of sushi
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 12:16pm
Well, I have cut out peanuts for the allergy side - I have never had a reaction of any sort to dairy (and allergy tests have never indicated it at all). Our neighbourhood is FULL of privet which is flowering at the moment, so I suspect that it is worsened by that at the momet (the stuffy nose started as soon as the flowers burst open!) SO hopefully it isn't the dairy!

One thing I have been wondering about though is egg - I have always felt that at times my body does not like eggs (warning tmi - sometimes, not every time, eating a few eggs means a trip to the loo in a couple of hours). I thought it might be linked to the sulphur content? Because I also don't seem to like the sulphur based preservative (is that 220?) Anyway, was reading up on that and ezcema before 4 months old in a child is often due to eggs!

Ok, random blathering over - just went for a walk, first real bit of exercise in 6 weeks, and it was fab - helped by the insanely beaustiful weather!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 12:27pm
I find my body sometimes doesn't like eggs either but its usually just the yolk it doesn't like so whenever we have poached eggs or something and I'm worried about how my body is gonna react I just have the whites. Still yummy!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 12:54pm
I sometimes get that with eggs.
I didnt know eggs had sulphur in them
Eggs can be pretty dodgy though at the best of times.
I had eggs the other day, and they just weren't the same solidly cooked, I miss my runny eggs
Man Im goin to miss alot of foods lol
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 5:30pm
Well, your comment mad eme go on a google, haleighsmum, in case I was talking rubbish!

Found this out:
Source:The green-grey colour surrounding the yolk of a hard boiled egg (and the rotten smell of sulphur that often accompanies it) comes from the reaction of iron in the egg yolk and sulphur in the egg white.

So there you go! I would have thought it was the other way round with the yellow and white, but nope!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 253>