FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedClinicians Expert Chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clinicians Expert Chat
    Posted: 03 August 2011 at 3:03pm
Have health related questions? This week Naturopaths Jane Cronin and Shane Mason from Clinicians will be on this forum answering your health queries.

We'll also be handing out spot prizes for participants.

The live chat component is from 12-2pm Wednesday 10 August, with the naturopaths popping back to answer any remaining questions sporadically through till Friday.

Edited by rgillespie
Sponsored Links

KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 3:05pm
So, how do we do this?
rgillespie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgillespie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 1:57pm
We'll have the naturopaths on hand to answer your questions live between 12-2pm Wednesday 10 August.

Feel free to ask any questions now if you like.

The naturopaths will then be popping back on to the forums throughout Thursday and Friday to answer any more questions that have come in.

Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:20pm
I can't be here then...but a topic that im interested in....
Tips on managing/treating hyperemesis....could they post any info about it up here??

(and for anyone who knows me irl no, I'm not UTD, but the thought of hyperemesis is the thing that freaks me out the most about potential pregnancy #2)
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 2:42pm
is there anyway to treat Raynauds without going onto prescription medicines?
Clinicians Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clinicians Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:13pm
Hi Sally,

I presume you are talking about Hyperemesis Gravidarum in pregnancy. Most naturopaths would take the same path as acute morning sickness - ginger root, chamomile, homoeopathy, acupuncture, however depending on how severe it is, it would be sensible to have medical intervention.
The cause is not fully understood yet. I would recommend getting a herbalist to make up a mixture of medicinal herbs that cannot be purchased over the counter.

Shane Mason, ND, Dip HerbMed
Clinicians- Naturopath
Clinicians - Naturopath

WIN free Clinicians product, 'like' www.facebook.com/clinicians and post on our wall that you are from OhBaby!
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:17pm
One from me, even though it's also not relevant at the moment. Can you have too much folic acid? I was taking the pills prescribed by Dr 0.8 mg, and also a womens multi and Exec B tablets which both have folic acid in them, and wondered.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:19pm
I would like tips on boosting my immunity as a breastfeeding Mum.

DD has ezcema and a family history of asthma and hay fever, is there anything I can do to support/help her little body?
(I've taken her off dairy till she's 12 months)

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clinicians Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:19pm
Hi Mucky_Tiger

Raynauds can respond to natural therapies, though given that there could be a few different lifestyle factors involved seeing a alternative health practitioner is a good idea.
Essentially anything that helps circulation and blood vessel health is worth looking at: Ginger root, cayenne pepper, prickly ash bark, niacin, bioflavonoids.

Shane Mason, ND, Dip HerbMed
Clinicians- Naturopath

Facebook: www.facebook.com/clinicians
Web: www.clinicians.co.nz
Ph: 0800 622 533

Win free Clinicians product, participate & like our Clinicians Facebook Page!
Clinicians - Naturopath

WIN free Clinicians product, 'like' www.facebook.com/clinicians and post on our wall that you are from OhBaby!
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:29pm
Hi is there anyting I can give my DS (12 mths old) to help prevent ear infections?
PEANUT2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEANUT2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:42pm
I have suffer chronic sinusitis, I am also trying to conceive so would like to take a natural approach to treatment.
what would you recommend
Marie
fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by AngieBabe AngieBabe wrote:

Hi is there anyting I can give my DS (12 mths old) to help prevent ear infections?

My 2 year old too!

And probiotics for a 3 month old to help with reflux. Yes? No? And how do I give them?

LisaTheron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaTheron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:59pm
Im currently 20 weeks pregnant, and im feeling very slow and sluggish. Sometimes very tired and faint feeling. Im trying my best to get a good range of food in me and lots of water but still feel i may be missing something, due to this feeling. Is there something i can do or take to make me feel better?
red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by PEANUT2010 PEANUT2010 wrote:

I have suffer chronic sinusitis, I am also trying to conceive so would like to take a natural approach to treatment.
what would you recommend
Marie

Me too...except the trying to concieve bit, but I am breastfeeding

red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:05pm
Sorry Im not the expert but Lisa have you tried ferrograd iron tablets???  Maybe your low in iron...I know I felt like that in pregnancy abd they helped heaps
shells4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shells4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:08pm
hi there not sure if you can help my nearly 2 year old bites his nails all the time none of my other kids do either do me or hubby is he missing something in his diet? he is a very big eater we even wormed him not sure if this is the sort of thing u can help with?
thanks heaps shelley
Sophiehnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophiehnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:20pm
Hi,

I am a Celiac and I have a son who is 9 months - I do not know if he is a Celiac yet (I myself was not properly diagnosed till my mid twenties) but I think I can have him tested from when he is a toddler... Anyway I am wondering if until he is tested should I just give him gluten as I kind of feel what is the point in not allowing him to have it if he is not a Celiac and also when they do the testing, you need to have gluten in your system?

Thanks Sophie
gannet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gannet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 8:18pm
My almost 13 month old daughter has been on antibiotics pretty much full time since she was 6 weeks old as she has a high risk of getting UTI's because of a kidney condition.

She has been on 2.5gm of Inner Health Plus probiotics for children twice a day for the last 7 months but it still doesn't prevent her from getting thrush on her bottom and around her vulva. She would have it maybe 6 to 7 days out of 10.

What else can we do to prevent this? I try to limit how much sugary food she has and change her nappies really regularly but we just can't seem to get on top of it.   Sometimes she cries as soon as we put her down on the change table in anticipation of it hurting and that breaks my heart.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thanks.
im1hotdiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im1hotdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 7:49am
any advice on what to give a child with diahorrea? she is otherwise well... she just has been 'going' before she even knows it is coming? She is 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clinicians Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 9:37am
Originally posted by AngieBabe AngieBabe wrote:

Hi Angie Babe,

The vast majority of a 12 month year olds immune system is in its gut. So probiotics and colostrum extract would help. Breast feed as long as you can - and of course - most people understand there are valid reasons why a mother may not be able to breast feed. Garlic Oil (Oil that garlic has been soaked in) dropped in the ear is supportive of the immune health as well. But of course because the ears are so vital and delicate make sure a doctor checks them out.

Clinicians - Naturopath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>