FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPregnant but not???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kezza2112 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezza2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pregnant but not???
    Posted: 08 August 2011 at 11:59am
Has anyone had positive pregnancy and blood tests, only to have a scan at 13 weeks and be told there is just an empty sac? It happened to a family member. She is just rather lost right now. Why do they leave it so late for the scan?
Sponsored Links

luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:30pm
Yes. My first pregnancy. It was devastating since I thought all was going well (no bleeding or anything). For all my subsequent pregnancies I've gotten a scan at 8 weeks because I just didn't feel like I could go through that again.

Hope she's okay. It's a horrible way to find out things have gone wrong (not that there's really a good way).
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:52pm
Oh, that's so sad. I've heard of it happening before... but it would be so devastating I hope she's doing as well as she can under the circumstances.

kezza2112 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezza2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:59pm
Yeah..its all a bit hard. I don't know what to do for her. She told quite a few people just last week and had been looking at baby stuff and even bought stuff. I guess what is meant to be, is meant to be :(
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 7:48am
Yes, I had that happen to me. I was told it was called a "blighted ovum". The egg fertilised, implanted then stopped forming.
I was told my body was "tricked" into thinking it was pregnant, so I had symptoms and everything.

I hope she's surrounded by plenty of support. She'll get through, with time
*edited for spelling.

Edited by MamaPickle

Post Reply Post Reply