FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedteething=lethargic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SethsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: teething=lethargic
    Posted: 20 October 2011 at 10:40am
My DS is teething at the moment. He has a temperature (but only a slight one) and is really lethargic.
I was wondering if anyone else has had their child be lethargic while teething?
He tends to be drowsy when he's getting sick so I was just wondering if maybe it's his way of dealing with pain or maybe it's him coming down with something.
Any thoughts?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Sponsored Links

Tan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 1:01pm
Hi,

I have a great baby book and in it they say "teething causes nothing but teeth" any symptoms a baby has when teeth are coming through is usually just coincidence. This is how I like to think of it.

However, a girlfriend of mine is on the otherside of the spectrum and believed that when her kids were getting teeth it would cause them to get sick and have rashes on their bums etc.

Perhaps he is coming down with something?
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 4:35pm
My DS always gets an ear infection and runny nose when he gets teeth, so is constantly tired, clingy and upset when teeth come through. He usually gets a temp with it all.
So, I would say completely normal, but he could also be coming down with something, either caused by or despite of teething.
I would just give him lots of quiet time and cuddles with mummy ad if your breastfeeding, lots of milk.

Every child is different and what might me normal for one, could e completely out of character for another. If you are at all concerned, get it checked out.

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 8:04pm
I would see a dr about lethargy, to be honest. I know teething can have a range of side-effects but that one would worry me.
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:34pm
Both my kids got/get lethargic when teething. DS2 is pushing eye teeth through ATM and all he wants to do is sleep or cuddle really. If you're worried or if theres anything else going on that could indicate something else going on I'd err on the side of caution and pop into the docs
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 1:28pm
I don't think it's too unusual for kids to be a bit lethargic when teething. I know when I'm experiencing pain, I certainly don't feel like running around!

My kids can get really cuddly and disinterested in playing (though I've found it depends on the child and which teeth are coming through too).

If you are at all concerned take him to see your Dr
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
SethsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 3:02pm
So after posting this we went on holiday and I couldn't access OB!
He was only lethargic for the day and it was definitely the worst pain day for him, so I think it must have been the teething.

I was close to going to the doctor but he was so happy when he woke up so all good :D

I can be a worry mum sometimes!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 5:02pm
Haha no worries I think we all come under the worry mum heading at times! Glad hes doing ok chick
sara223897 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara223897 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 12:43am
My son is teething, and the past 2 days is very lethargic, (moving slower and everything) also very cuddly which is unusual for him. Its almost impossible to take his temperature, he feels a little warm, but thinking its just his teeth.
 Post Reply Post Reply