FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 35>
Author
maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:11am
I can't get enough of cold bubbly drinks (soda water, ginger beer - not coke though) with ice. I can't think of why it would be bad for you unless you lived somewhere with dodgy drinking water...I think it's problem if you crave eating the ice on it's own (like having pica) as could indicate a nutritional deficiency.

About antenatal classes. I'm already booked into a class in July. My MW told me to get onto to it straight away as here in ChCh the good ones book super quick. First baby so figured we'd go check it out.
Sponsored Links

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:20am
Vivk - Ice is fine. When i was preg with #1 we went to Fiji and i didn't have ice in my drinks and only drank bottled water but her in NZ its fine. Gosh imagine if all pregnant people couldn't drink tap water, bottled water sales would be huge!! LOL.

J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

Kels152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:10pm
Hi Ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies, it's great seeing what stages everyones at.

I had quite a bit of bleeding on the weekend which probably means the smaller twin has been lost. We were told this would probably happen so have kind of been expecting it but can't help be a bit upset as I knew there were two. All will be confirmed in a week though when we go for our next scan, just hoping there is still one there and things are ok.

My MS comes and goes also - it starts at 8.45am on the dot every morning and I am basically living on blackcurrent juice, gingernuts, barley sugars, apples and carrot sticks. Have gone off meat and I really dont feel like eating so many things. Have lost 2-3kgs.

We have ended up having to tell our family & friends as someone I know found out through a complete fluke and started telling people. Made me so so angry as this is our news to tell when we are ready, and it's still so early we wanted to wait until we knew things were ok. So upset this has been ruined for us & the person got quite a rark up from me. So we quickly rang around our family and friends (we all live in a small town & surrounding areas) and told them before they heard it from someone else.
Kels152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:13pm
Just wondering why it's not ok to drink Coke? I havent seen my midwife yet so not sure what the current list of no no's contains...
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 1:08pm
Its not ok to drink DIET or ZERO drinks, normal coke is fine.

Diet and Zero contain phenylalanine and thats bad for babies.
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 1:09pm
Kels - sorry you have had some bleeding, i know how you feel, my #1 was a triplet and i lost the smaller 2 babies but still had one healthy bub! :hug:

Grr to the person who went around telling people, thats so wrong!!!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

TeacherLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeacherLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 2:40pm
Kels that is annoying- not nice of that person.

Am feeling a bit blah. Hurry up 12 weeks! Lots of people know which is cool- lots of hugs etc.
Vivk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 3:02pm
Coke has caffeine in it which may cause miscarriage..so better stay away

I also found out that these drinks are not good
chrysanthemum tea
Ginseng tea
Aloe vera tea

Sigh :<

thanks guys for the tips on ice. feel better now knowing i can have the mocktails :)
Mumma Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumma Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 6:05pm
Awww you guys those cakes rock! This is my first Bubs and I so cant wait to have birthdy parties and make cakes like that! My mum has an awesome kids cake book she had from the 80's for us, I might have to steal it lol

Went to the MW today everything cruising along nicely got my 12 week scan tomorrow whoohoo! Im not actually 12 weeks till Fri but close enough! Once we get the all clear test results I'll be going public either Friday or Mon cant wait to tell my mates at work! Family already know as they guessed! Just need to tell my SIL.

MS has almost gone just feel a bit from about 4pm but nothing like it was! If I eat it eases off.

Man I have this gross taste in my mouth all day kinda the same as when you are hungover, actually thats the best way to describe MS feeling like you are hungover all day but without the good fun the night before!
Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 8:49pm
For that taste in your mouth I highly recommend making a baking soda mouthwash. Just a bit of baking soda in water and rinse your mouth out-was the only thing I found to take care of it last time. This time it's not so bad for me--yet! I still have morning sickness, but much less of 'the taste'.
7/2010, 10/2012 and 1/2015

JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 8:58pm
I can't believe that someone else would go around telling people your news - that's so horrible, and surely even the most dense person would understand that you'd like to tell people yourself??

Vivk, I drink piles of tap water, and lots of ice, there's no way that is bad for you in NZ.

I'm not going to do ante-natal classes this time around. I didn't enjoy them that much the first time, and I didn't really get much of a coffee group out of it, so it felt like a bit of a wasted effort. The evening ones are pretty tiring too, I remember just being exhausted the whole next day. I think the main problem I had was that they concentrated too much on the labour and birth, and not enough on 'having a baby'. I didn't have anything to do with kids before Alex was born, so I was more nervous about what to do with a baby, and whether I'd do it 'right', so I would have liked more about routines, and bathing, and feeding etc. And lots more reassurance that babies are surprisingly robust and generally don't break!

Your cakes are super cool! I did a Thomas cake for Alex for his 2nd birthday - will see if I can upload a photo... the Thomas face is a bit mental, but I'm not very creative, so it was the best I could do!
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 7:16am
Hi ladies,

Sorry haven't posted in a while, have been really busy at work and have a really hellish flu right now...

Got my HCG results yesterday and unfortunately they were much lower on Monday then they were last Thursday, so it looks like I'm out this time round. Just have to keep hoping for better luck in the future..

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your support and advice, wishing you all really happy, healthy pregnancies till September rolls around x
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
mirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 7:39am
Hey ladies

Im not good at personals, but people who tell other people your pregancy news should be smacked upside the head in my opinion! How rude!!! I guess some people just don't understand.

All of you with MS, I hope you feel better soon.

RedTulip (?) sad to see you go, take care hun!

Can't wait to start back at uni at the end of the month! There are some fabulous cakes out there - you ladies are quite talented! We're going to go to the zoo for Zo's birthday, just her dad and I. Her daycare make a bit of a fuss on the day which is cute.

Edited by mirsty

dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 8:26am

sorry redtulip

here is a link to the foodsmart for pg list I found last time so many people where telling me what I can and can't eat that is was confussing so my ob gave me this list as it can get a little silly and you end up not eating anything.

http://www.foodsmart.govt.nz/information-for/pregnant-women/list-of-safe-food.htm

I can't believe someone would tell your news that is shocking.

MandzG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandzG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 9:37am
Hi ladies.

Sorry to hear that RedTulip. Unfortunately I am in the a similar boat. Had a scan yesterday and there was no heart beat... I was and still am feeling horribly sick so it just goes to show morning sickness is not always a sign of whats happening (so guess what I mean is there is no point stressing too much about signs as what will be will be and unfortunately it is out of our hands). Anyway... I have my little boy to keep me smiling and hopefully we will have another little one soon. Good luck ladies and if its ok i would rather not have my name listed as a angel baby. Take care.
Kels152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:07am
Im so sorry to hear that Red Tulip - my heart goes out to you, all the best for the future.

Thanks for your comments girls - thought I may be overreacting a bit, but It just upset me so much and made me so angry! I would NEVER tell people if I heard someone was pregnant.
Kels152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:08am
MandzG im so sorry to hear your news also. All the best with everything xo
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:32am
MandzG and Redtulip - so sorry to hear your news.

I should not have come on her this morning seeing that news has made me even less hopeful of seeing a heartbeat at our scan this morning. :(

Will be back later with the results. :fingerscrossed:
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

LoobyLoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoobyLoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:50am
Hi guys, just catching up on posts, not checked in since mother in law arrived on saturday.

Redtulip and mandzg, so sorry to hear your news

Went to see my obstetrician yesterday, all seemed ok and thankfully baby still has a heartbeat after all the bleeding I had, but I'm still trying not to be too hopeful as my MS is hardly there at all now compared to last time (I know, shouldn't complain!) and still not feeling that 'pregnant'. Somehow things don't feel right. Must be a girl, hehe!

Someone was talking about coke/diet coke - I have to say I haven't restricted this, and as far as I know phenylalanine is only a problem if you have lots and lots of it, or if you have the medical condition phenylketonuria (see http://mental-health.emedtv.com/phenylalanine/phenylalanine-and-pregnancy.html)

I've been drinking pineapple juice and tonic water to help the MS, seems to be working well so far.

Mother in law has taken DS out for a couple of hours, yay, so I have the house to myself and I'm just catching up on a few things. Sister in law arrives on Friday, looking forward to seeing her again after 6 years of living on opposite sides of the world - lots to catch up on! Sadly we can't have a celebratory drink together - will have to wait until after September!

MIL came with me to see the scan yesterday - she loved seeing the heartbeat and had a great time, seemed to be more excited than me, hehe!

Right better go, good luck with the scan J&L!

LoobyLoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoobyLoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:51am
PS, great cakes guys, I'm searching for inspiration for DS in a couple of weeks, trains and diggers are both things he loves so will have to get creating!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 35>