FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPregnant again after MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 36>
Author
seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 6:21pm
Oh awesome! This is a new milestone for you right? Onwards and upwards!
MC February 2014

Sponsored Links

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 6:42pm
Yes this is the furtherest I have ever made it!!! So relieved. Now hoping for a good scan at my next appointment to feel even more relaxed!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2014 at 4:16pm
Hey ladies. Fab news about the scan NZVeggie. I'm 13wks tomorrow :) Would of been 14wks but when I went for a scan I was measuring a week behind. Was such a relief to hear the heartbeat and she a little wiggly baby. The sonographer said I had done so well to last not having a early scan. As my last scan I had was when they told me of mc.
Another scan for me on Friday.
Me 37 DH 40
DD#1 Jan 2009
DD#2 May 2015
Angel 2/2014

nzmadebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmadebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 11:42pm
Hi ladies. I'm so grateful to find this thread. Very reassuring most of it. Even the sad bits are reassuring as they as so familiar to me and its nice to know that my experiences (even though mostly bad) are pretty normal. Horrible, but normal.

Here is my obstetric/relevant history:
2006-2008 TTC for nearly 2 years (with a 5 month break for sanity/career at one stage)
March 2008: BFP (the month we started testing for infertily!)
Jan 2009: Beautiful baby boy born, nearly 6 years old now
2009: severe post natal depression - like admitted to mother and baby unit severe
2009-2012: existing through baby/toddler years on antidepressants, but reasonably happy and stable
June 2013: unable to throw away baby things, decided to 'have a try for 3 months' then we can say we tried.
July 2013: BFP. Over the moon.
Aug 2013: Miscarriage at 8 +5 (spontaneous bleed, blighted ovum on scan)
Jan/Feb 2014: BFP. Chemical pregnancy - bleeding at 4 + 5
May/June 2014: BFP. Chemical pregnancy - bleeding at 4 + 4
Stopped TTC, had wisdom teeth removed (bad infection at last loss)
Saw Fertility Associates, 1001 tests - all normal, keep trying, it will work was the verdict
Oct/Nov 2014: BFP. Currently 5 + 2.

I'm REALLY anxious all of a sudden. I've been expecting my period for the past week - constantly feels like its arrived, but all I have is frequent trips to the toilet. Really pleased to get past the first week after the past chemical pregnancies. Just so nerve racking all this waiting.

I've got sore boobs that come and go, and the odd stretching type of pain, lots of bloating, especially if I wear jeans (have to get out of them by 4pm!). So all good signs - but boobs come and go which bothers me as they were super sensitive on the one pregnancy that did work, and reliable indicators on all the failed pregnancies - boobs soft, pregnancy over is how it has been.

URGH. This is so unfair - its a bit like torture. I think the biggest factor is my age - I'm 40. And a bit overweight at about 80kg (and short) - size 16 in clothes, nothing too extreme. Those are the only 2 things that have changed and I can't get over in my head the fact I had NO positives for nearly 2 years (and I was charting, regular as clockwork and BD regularly etc). And now I've had 4 positives in just over a year, but none of them stick.

I've been doing acupuncture for weeks, so i wonder if that helped get me pg so quickly again as this is the first month of trying after a break for oral surgery (and acupuncturist said to wait for 4 treatments/a normal period and then start trying). They have been great. They've told me to only drink warm drinks, eat prunes and walnuts and have goji berries.

Anyway, that is my late night ramble, and just the fact it is nearly midnight and I'm not exhausted and crashed out has me worried (although I am a night owl by nature, and have been reading this entire thread for the past 2 hours!!).

I'm so thankful for all the stories shared here, and welcome any and all comments about anything I've written. I talk a lot but can't talk to many of my friends about it as they just don't understand (and some of the comments - OMG - 'just stop testing and don't worry about when your period is due until its been months since you remember having one'. [inserts rolling eyes and evil glare faces]. lol. You got to laugh sometimes.
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 9:47am
Welcome!
It is an extremely nerve wracking time.
The only way I got through the first few weeks as trying to ignore it. I was moderately successful until around 7w and then I started panicking. I was glad I happened to have a 10 day Thailand holiday booked the day AF was due! Luckily I had an early scan booked for 7w5d and it went well. First time that's happened for me!

Have you booked in for an early scan? Or you could get hcg levels monitored. Some people (I don't) find that reassuring in the early stages!

Otherwise feel free to rant here. We won't tell you to forget about it!!!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 9:49am
And you're past the chemical pregnancy milestone!!!! Yay

Baby girl born 26/06/15
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 8:54pm
Welcome nzmadebaby! Definitely a good place to share here as we understand what it's like, hell I'm over 16 weeks and still on panty patrol expecting bleeding to shatter my dreams.
Just a brief on me:

SEPT '11 - started trying TTC #1
NOV '11 - BFP
AUG '12 - DS born. Uneventful pregnancy and relative labour/birth. Only had retained placenta.
SEPT '13 - TTC #2. Planning 2 year age gap.
NOV - '13- BFP (EDD 19/8/14)
FEB - '14 - Missed miscarriage discovered at 12wk scan, bubs died 8wk+3. D&C at 13wks.
MAR - '14 - start TTC again straight away
JUN - '14 - chemical preg
AUG - '14 - BFP!

So here I am now after my BFP in late August with a due date of late April. Those first weeks were damn scary, this time I had HCG levels tested weekly and scan at 7 & 9 weeks to check bubs alive. Going into ultrasound I was freaking out. It all came flooding back. Especially at my 12wk scan I had same lady who did my MMC discovery scan. What freaks me out most is that I have no signs anything is amiss. No cramps. No bleeding. So not feeling bubs move yet is rather anxious still. My 20wk scan is at 19wks on 4/12/14 so on the countdown. Having the heartbeat on Doppler at midwife last week helps relieve anxiety.

Also I did acupuncture in the last cycle leading up to my BFP. As I was starting to get frustrated after getting UTD relatively easily before my MMC couldn't understand why not happening for me. If anyone else told me to stop stressing I would have lost it! I too am in the 80-85kg bracket and only 165cm so a bit overweight, but I was actually about 5kg lighter getting UTD this time as opposed to DS so knew weight was t my only issue. However I still have age on my side, turning 30 this March.

Anyway enough ramblings on me. I have everything crossed this is the one for you nzmade x. And hope you're doing well NZVeg!

Edited by Talz - 18 November 2014 at 8:54pm

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 9:09pm
Today was a bad day. Felt absolutely awful, dry retching in the work toilet 2x and vomited a little into my mouth! Disgusting! But I guess this is all positive in terms of symptoms!

Next scan is Monday so that will hopefully be another milestone!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 10:04pm
...... Aaaaand just had my first vomit! That will teach for not eating afternoon tea

Baby girl born 26/06/15
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 10:13pm
Im glad you are having such a bad day veggie! I think on here is the only place in the world its ok to say that lol. Sounds like a good sign tho xx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmadebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 8:13am
Hi Talz and NZVeggie…..thank you so much for your replies. I haven't had a good couple of days. Next to no symptoms at all. Not at all hopeful. Went to GP and they've done bloods for HCG and progesterone.

GP said testing HCG can be very good/reassuring if your levels are very high, and can prepare you if they are very low, but she said there is a lot of middle ground where its just 'ok' and not that reliable at telling you what is going on. We thought we would do one and see what happens. Also, it will go to fertility associates so will trigger them into seeing I am UTD again.

I've got a scan form and can book a 'dating' scan in week 7.

I'm so emotional all the time. That is about the only reliable 'symptom' I have!!!

I so wish I could just forget about it all - but its been impossible lately - Thursday we went to the chch show with my mum (who doesn't know).   She was INSISTING I get on this vibrating weight loss table which I really didn't want to do, followed by insisting I eat delicious blue cheese sitting on a demo platter for god knows how long (which normally I would scoff), followed by lemon cello and wine samples. It was actually very funny if it wasn't so annoying!   

Then spent weekend with friends trying to avoid alcohol, ham, soft cheeses and just generally yawning my head off and napping. My friend guessed after a day, but she's had 3 pregnancies with no MS or problems at all, so she has no idea what it is like to be on knicker duty and over analyzing everything.

Yesterday I had a meeting for a volunteer organization and the boss has had her thyroid radiated and can't be close to any child under 10 (mostly her 2) or pregnant people, so had to tell her and sit at other end of table.

Today I was supposed to go on a school trip to Willowbank but GP said being around a heap of 5 year olds and filthy farm animals not a good idea so cancelled out of that!

Anyway, another ramble over, and will await blood results. Hopefully they give me some idea one way or the other.

I just keep thinking I can't keep doing this. It is so difficult to be on eggshells. It is so weird to get pg so easily. If it wasn't happening there is no way we would do IVF at this stage. But it is just hell waiting and waiting and hoping and hoping. My son would LOVE a sibling so much. Breaks my heart.

I do have to say that I am thankful every minute of every day for him. He is such a joy and I would so dearly love to do it all again and get another little person like him. Today out of the blue he said 'it would be nice if we could find another boy or girl to come and live with us'. Has so got me thinking about fostering.

I'm so so happy that everyone's pregnancies are progressing. Gives me a lot of hope that it might happen. I defo wish for you lots of sore boobs, sickness and fab scans and dopplers.

Thanks again.
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 9:40am
So sorry your not feeling positive. Hcg levels might help but I always thought the rise was the most important thing not the number itself. So I would get two tests do r 2-3 days apart!
I hope the test gives you reassurance!

Thanks soda I totally know what you mean! While I was vomiting I felt awful but any help but cheer a little bit!!!
Looking forward (never said that before) to my Monday scan to see a bigger poppy (my nickname for baby)

Baby girl born 26/06/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmadebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 10:46am
Just had call and feeling much better now. The level was 14,700. For 5+4 the nurse said that is in the 50-75th percentile and 'hopeful and positive much more than concerning'. She said ovulation dates are more accurate (but I don't know exactly when I ovulated), but that it is ok.

The way I am feeling symptom wise, I was expecting it to be 50. So even though I know it is no guarantee, it is pretty good news for me. I asked her if I should repeat them and she said that the levels even out and don't always double once you get to about 6 weeks, and as I am close to that (or will be tomorrow afternoon 48 hours after last one - I will be 5+5 then) she said probably best to avoid it as I could keep doing them and it won't show anything reliable unless it falls dramatically.

I had a talk to her about symptoms too and she said early symptoms are very unreliable and to try and stay positive or at least calm.

I've booked a scan for Thursday dec 4 - will be 7+5. She said don't do it until at least week 7 and my husband is super busy at work on the mon/tue/wed (he submits contracts for road works and has 2 due in those days so won't see him). ARGH! But at least should know defo at that scan. I couldn't face having the 'well there is something there, it should be bigger by now, lets scan you again in a few days' scenario.

So what do you guys think about early symptoms? I feel a bit like I have 'permission' to stop squeezing my boobs and stressing every 2 minutes now. :)

Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 12:06pm
Yay for good HCG result nzmade. I had HCG done from weeks 4-7 just to check rise and thought that one on its own wasn't reliable either. Oh well guess your nurse must know. But sounds promising. As for symptoms honestly had hardly anything. Some days I would really question it then other days I'd be gagging over the sink. But that did t really happen until at least 7 weeks anyway. I had dating scan at 7 weeks too. Not that was for dating a such as I knew when I OV so knew my dates. I liked to call it my 'reassurance scan'. Of which I had another at 9 weeks. My midwife was all for it. I have my 19wk scan on 4th dec too so I'll be thinking of you that day too.x

seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 12:40pm
I didn't have many early symptoms and no breast changes until quite far along, morning sickness probably not until 8 weeks at least and even then not consistently. My sister had basically no symptoms at all the whole time.
MC February 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmadebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 3:41pm
I've also been really stressed this morning with worry (until call) and busy and not eaten much at all and feel sick to my stomach and exhausted. So need to just stop worrying and start looking after myself/being normal!!! And wait patiently. And hope for the best.

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 9:24pm
Great news on that number nzmadebaby.
I find symptoms unreliable yet I still pin sooo much hope on them. I DO have a lot more symptoms this time around so hoping its a good symptom.
Actually looking forward to my next scan on Monday! Hope I'm not disappointed.

Baby girl born 26/06/15
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 11:11pm
Had to post - I got out my Doppler knowing it was probaby waaaay too early 8w4d. But I found the heartbeat!!!! I'm positive I found it. First I got my heartbeat and then what I think was the placenta (I hve a placenta!!!!) and then a heart beat going around 140. Wasn't a great trace so I think it was a bit faster coz the machine didn't pick up every beat!!!

So relieved. Now I need to try and find it when DH is home one day!!!!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 6:57am
That's awesome NZVeg! I got an app on my iPad called tiny beats. It's great as it's just using the microphone and you put iPad in plane mode (so no waves etc) and hold to your belly. It says it's not recommended til 3rd tri as it can be difficult to pick up. But over the past few weeks I've picked it up 3 times. I got 161bpm and 148 other day. I know for a fact it's not my HB so must be bubs! So exciting!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmadebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 11:45pm
Great news on the heartbeats!!! Love that.

I've had a bout of vomiting and severe nausea (Thursday) and just low level icky feeling since then - no appetite, faddy eating. Reassuring and long may it last!

Being very strict on myself to not worry if I do feel better - just do some housework for a change and wait for next lying on sofa opportunity!

Good times! Hope you all are having a good weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 36>