FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 954955956957958 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 7:39pm
Chorionic villus sampling, because of our issues last time and the fact our combined screening came back low risk we have been offered the additional testing, but it comes with its risks and I'm unsure if I want to put potentially healthy baby at risk
Nov 2015, Trisomy 18 (14w3d)
DS Born Sept 2016
Sponsored Links

Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 7:52pm
That's so nice to hear 2furkids... i hope you're feeling positive.
Mami- yeah I'm scared... I will either get AF tomorrow or Saturday... If I can just hold out a few more days.... Urgh it's so stressful.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
Seaside View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 7:53pm
Congrats Mount!! Very exciting!! AF arrived here yesterday 😣
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 8:24pm
Congrats on all the BFPs lately. I am back officially trying got a positive opk today so here is hoping.
Glad your op went well Nell and they found something
Congrats on great scan 2furkids. 8 weeks already
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Widget1234 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widget1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 10:08pm
Congrats to those with BFPs! Yay!

Mummabear I agree with the others, I went to dr for folic acid and iodine script 3 months out from when we started trying. Although I do admit I've been a bit slack at taking them some days.

That's quite the list ladies! Well done for keeping it going.
If I can be updated to CD1 tomorrow please. AF showed up this arvo so will count tomorrow as first day. 2nd month of TTC here we come!

Is anyone able to enlighten me how long it takes to get results of a sperm test back?
Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 10:45pm
Nice to have you back Nell and glad that they found something fixable. I'm CD 2 now for the list.

Really really pleased for you 2furkids. I imagine you feel it's a long journey to a healthy baby, but one step at a time and you've passed the first few steps.

Mummabear yep take those supplements as soon as poss. I just ring the dr for a repeat script when I need more - it costs $5 or $10 or something at our practice.

TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
Mummabear16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 8:49am
Thank you Karenka! Wasn't sure if I could just get a repeat script. Started taking them this morning

Hope everyone is well! Fingers crossed for some more BFPs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 7:27pm
Mami - dos you test? I think I'm 9dpo today... I have the tests but so far I'm being really good at holding out! I have had light cramping all day, so figure either AF is on her way or maybe implantation... Interesting!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
ZethansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 8:33pm
I think I got a positive OPK this arvo, yay! It seemed very slightly lighter than the control line, but because it's SO similar, and for the past 5 days I've had no line whatsoever, it seems positive to me.

Well done Indigo, be strong! ooooh hope that the cramps mean implantation!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 9:13pm
I hope that those are implantation cramps Indigo!

Awesome news about the positive OPK ZethansMum - bring on the BFP next!
Mami Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 9:16pm
Hi Indigo,

I've just cut and paste from ttc thread so don't have to re-type haha....

So I got a bfn this morning, but from what I have read today, 9 dpo, is too soon for me to test! Duh! So I haven't lost all hope to be honest, I had major bleeding gums this morning when I brushed my teeth which I have NEVER had, plus an ulcer on the side of my tongue which is super unusual too..... Apparently both are very early preg symptoms, anyone had this?....Am still getting white lotion cm every time I wipe too....... arrrrggggghhhh but who really knows right! I don't actually feel like af is coming, and I normally do. Holy sh*t balls I am over this!   

Have had really weird vivid as dreams lately, one about getting angry at the Resene man for only have 4 stain colours available and none of them I liked (we are building in 2 months time haha). And the most annoying one was this morning, I was camping by a beach with the fam, and needed to do pg test, so off I went to the crusty public toilets with my cup and test, did the test and got a bfp, I started screaming with excitement and these young girls who were waiting outside for the toilet were like "what the hell"! Haha, I went running and told hubby and then dream stopped. Not reading into that though because of course before I went to bed last night I was psyching myself up for the test in the morning, so probs my brain playing tricks on me hahaha.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 9:18pm
Part two of convo

Yeh I know I am not out yet, but just don't want to get disappointed anymore!

I am 9 dpo, not hungry at all, white lotion like cm, just had a yellow sticky bit before (apparently today is implantation day, I am guessing I ov on the 2nd), wondering if the yellow was from that?? I have dull lower back pain.
It's hard because I am so not the type to talk myself into things EVER, and I would really hate to think that that is what I am doing this ttw.
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 9:21pm
Don't beaut yourself up honey it's only because you want it so desperately - just keep hoping and believing you still have 5 days til af is due and a test is highly unlikely to show a positive that early!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 9:42pm
Miami - it's a massive head f**k really isn't it!
I didn't get a positive til 13dpo last month.. I have quite a bit of cramping going on... Urge I think AF is arriving soon... We'll see.
Keep me posted :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 10:07pm
Thanks girlies, can always count on you guys to put things into perspective! Haven't talked to hubby about this cycle, im over him saying 'what are you worrying about', easy for him!! Im not going to think about it again till Monday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 8:09am
Urgh I tested and got bfn...10 days po!
It's a slippery slope as soon as I buy those tests!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 8:38am
I only have 4 tests! 3 cheapy ones and 1 non-cheapy one. I don't know if this will help me with not testing early, to save them, or if this will make me wanna test early, to get rid of the cheapy ones lol.

Keep yourself as busy as you can ladies! Then test day will be here before you know it
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 10:54am
Today's List Friday 12th February

Widget - CD02
Karenka - CD04
Seaside - CD04
HeleB - CD10
Kristy - CD15
ZethansMum - CD17
Mami Smith - CD21
Mummabear16 - CD22

Kumeroa - CD17 / 01DPO
Kazper - CD22 / 08DPO
Nellennium - CD24 / 08DPO
Indigo Blue - CD26 / 10DPO

xox WARMEST CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFPS LADIES xox
nov_12_bub Sharyn186790 Tasmin Avidkeo Nannikin Iceland Mummyinc Lesh Kurryn Sabelen MissK Spitfire Misssara JMM2B Hanger HippieJo From4to5 Mrs K 2furkids Antheawren Mummystheword MountTaylor

EXPECTED DUE DATES:

Nov_12_bub

Sharyn186790 Tasmin Avidkeo Nannikin Iceland Mummyinc

Lesh Kurryn Sabelen MissK Spitfire Misssara JMM2B

Hanger HippieJo

From4to5 Mrs K 2furkids

Antheawren Mummystheword MountTaylor

Ladies please announce your arrivals here. We can't wait to hear about the safe and happy arrival of your precious and long awaited babies xox
Congratulations from us and many happy days to you and your bundle
Kumeroa - girl 14/01/2014 4.9 kg
Baby V - boy 26/02/2014 3.5 kg
Southkiwi - boy 25/03/2014 3.6 kg
Nellennium - boy 07/04/2014
avidkeo - girl 22/4/2014
Pitter patter - boy 14/05/2014 8lb8oz
Tan - boy 16/05/2014 3.4 kg
Jessaroo - Emrick 13/07/14 9lb 4
Lease243 - Zoe Anne 20/07/2014
Dunson33 - Scarlett Jean 20/07/14
MrsImpatient - girl 20/08/14 3.2kgs
Leishamaree - Levi 27/08/14 9lb 6oz
animaxnz - Harley 18/11/2014 2.6kg
DJKaf - Alina Mae 21/02/2015
Binklemouse - Oscar 23/02/2015
Apfel84 - Lewis 19/04/2015 7lb 5oz/3.315kg
Talz - Kyle 05/05/2015 8lb3oz/3.7kg
Blest - Lucie 29/06/2015 9lb4/4.22kg
Keziah84 - Zethan 04/07/15 to 17/07/15, 7lb 2oz may you rest in peace
*Sara* - girl 01/01/2016 8lb8oz/3.86kg

To all our beautiful ladies who have experienced loss, our hearts go out to you.
May you find solace here, hugs xox

Redtulip Storm11 x8 NzVeggie x3 Tan73 Westisbest a.girl x4 Alittleloopy Jessaroo Epictraveller Blondie23 Serenity2013 Dunson33 miss_bling Lease243 Leishamaree Oxy x2 fingersxd4#2 x3 ShannonMac x2 Talz Seaview Bubs2014 Phoofy heavenly.talker Soda *Sara* x2 Pepi-bebe x2 Nellennium x4 Kazper Lesh
Kumeroa x2 2furkids Mummystheword Indigo Blue

Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 10:55am
Thanks Indigo, the drugs are good urgh! sorry for the BFN >.< not over yet!

Mummabear, like the lovely ladies advised I would also start on those prenatals asap! 3 months is the best time frame to have your body prepped before even conceiving. Folic acid being the most important, you don't neeed iodine as such right away. But I take it anyway. I've been on folic acid and iodine since 2012 I did take a little break off for a couple of months after breastfeeding, and then instantly regretted the break when I got pregnant after having not been taking them for 3 months previous. I'm silly I know!

Also a great thing to do for your man is make him a smoothie everyday with banana and berries - great for sperm health! They don't need to know that part, they can just think you're such a wonderful caring partner who makes them smoothies everyday

Thanks 2furkids, oh yes I hear you, great there was something easily fixed! YAY so happy you got to see your wee bean Hmmm very interesting about the yolk sac, I will remember that piece of info.

Thanks Karenka

Sorry AF came Seaside and Widget onwards to this new cycle! Sorry I have no experience with sperm test turn around times, am interested to know though?

Welcome back Kumeroa! The very best of luck to you

Oooo did you do another OPK today ZethansMum? Exciting, I love positive OPK's!!

Urgh, dumb you got a BFN Mami, but you're absolutely right - that could be too early. You're either in the crazy bunch (like me ) who test from early on but are comfortable getting BFN's as they know the odds well, or you're in the sensible bunch who either test from a more resonible date like 12DPO or not until AF is due I get bleeding noses and ulcers when UTD, but I also get them occasionally when not stupid preggo symptoms! I hope your BFP dream comes true Implantation can happen anywhere from as early 6DPO (rarely) to 12DPO... and later but that's usually a bad sign. It takes most women 3 days from the implant to show enough hCG to get a BFP

Edited by Nellennium - 12 February 2016 at 10:57am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 11:11am
Thanks Nell, yes I know it will happen, I am just getting SO impatient haha! So 12 dpo is Sunday for me, hehe Valentines Day, plus my beautiful late aunties bday, she passed nearly 2 years ago so I am hoping those 2 special things play in my favor, the perfect day to test although AF not due till Tuesday, do you think I should still test?   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 954955956957958 1103>