FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest baby safety gates?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pekka104771 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka104771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best baby safety gates?
    Posted: 31 January 2013 at 5:51pm
Hello everyone! I am a fan of these forums - I've been reading for a little while and just decided to join as my wife and I are about to have our third child.

I come with a question. What sorts of baby safety gates have you all bought and used? Our new home has a flight of stairs which needs blocking and we are unsure which gate to buy.

I would like plenty of input from people with more experience than me. We would prefer something that isn't too ugly.

What do you think? Thank you for any advice! Glad to be a member of this community!

Edited by Admin

Edited by Kelz - 31 January 2013 at 8:10pm
Sponsored Links

Keleho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keleho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:57am
We have two different brands of the same type of gate - Perma and Dream baby, the white metal gates like this - and they are much of a muchness really. Perma was considerably cheaper though

Edited by KLH - 03 February 2013 at 7:59am
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:06am
we tried several but this is the model we used on the top of our stairs gate

we had it fixed on one side & you pull up the handle & then it will swing the way you have set it up to. I found it the best as it can take a child leaning on it, it is clear so looks nice & no gaps for little hands. It fits most stairs & expands.

We used a white metal gate one on the kitchen that you have to pull the top thing to release the lock to open, this worked well but my kids figured it out way before they even tried to with the stair one.
robroyce224784 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroyce224784 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 3:25am
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

we tried several but this is the model we used on the top of our stairs gate

we had it fixed on one side & you pull up the handle & then it will swing the way you have set it up to. I found it the best as it can take a child leaning on it, it is clear so looks nice & no gaps for little hands. It fits most stairs & expands.

We used a white metal gate one on the kitchen that you have to pull the top thing to release the lock to open, this worked well but my kids figured it out way before they even tried to with the stair one.

A friend of mine as working in a loading dock service company and i have also asked him for such locks which has been open while releasing the lever.But still not getting the door like you have in the kitchen. From where you have such door can you please let me know
regans12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regans12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:52am
I have once tried to install gate by own and results in arm fracture as while installation my leg muscle has been pulled. From that time i always hire gate repair expert for installation of garage doors/gates.
tracym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2017 at 7:43pm
I suggest you to visit the below article to get best gates for keeping your child safe.

http://www.homesystemssecurity.com/review/baby-gates/top-10-best-baby-gates-review/
 Post Reply Post Reply