FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAny younger dads?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanessa104679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa104679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any younger dads?
    Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:28pm
Hi guys,

I'm pregnant and my partner and I are 21 and 20. I find a huge amount of support available to me as a mother, but there seems to be a complete lack of support around for younger dads. I get inundated with pamphlets and free stuff constantly and medical professionals are flinging themselves at me, but my partner's New status as dad-to-be seems to mean nothing. He feels lonely, anxious and adrift.

Are any of you younger dads? What kind of support networks do you have? Even if you are older, what kind of resources do you turn to for info and advice?
Sponsored Links

mariehg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariehg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 9:45pm
What area are you in? If you're in Christchurch I know there's a young dads group Tane Mahuta run through Waipuna St John of God.
We've also had a few dads along to a breastfeeding support group for young parents that I help facilitate - it's been awesome!
JhunDelaRosa135459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JhunDelaRosa135459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 10:43pm
well im not young as you are. im currently 26.

just a question. are you both working?
OurWeeMiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OurWeeMiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 10:27am
My boyfriend is feeling the same, though he is younger still. I've been looking all over for any kind of support or reading material- anything- for him. He's 17, I'm 16...
Care View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 4:39am
where are you base there is a thrive and young dads meet up henderson and dads group in onehunga auckland my partner is searching for some young dads 24 if anyone knows or is keen let me know
OurWeeMiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OurWeeMiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 11:45am
He lives in Whitianga, whereas I live on the North Shore of Auckland
Care View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 12:22pm
i stay in sandringham auckland
 Post Reply Post Reply