FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC ~ Inbetweeners & Beyond (30 & Up)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
Author
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC ~ Inbetweeners & Beyond (30 & Up)
    Posted: 29 April 2013 at 11:40am
Hi everyone

There's a thread in here for those under 30, and one for older mums.... and I felt I had no place to fit into!

I'll be 31 in 4 months, and it's like that on most forums, I always find chat groups for younger/older mums but none for the inbetweeners!

So.... anyone else an inbetweener?

I'm Kat, or Nel (my username on all forums) - I'm currently 30 and desperately wanting a baby (aren't we all?!). I've been charting for many many years as a means of not getting pregnant as the pill and other forms of contraception didn't agree with my fussy body. My husband and I were waiting until we were in a better position financially and career wise first.

Anyway, 2013 was our trying starting year - we were not trying not preventing previous to this since August 2011.

So now after getting into the proper TTC saddle I'm charting to get pregnant which is a whole different ball game!

Edited by Nellennium - 05 February 2015 at 9:55am
Sponsored Links

avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2013 at 5:04pm
Hi Nell
Im an in betweener as well!!! yay finally a forum for us too! I agree about nothing there for us! Im sorry about your angel baby, and hopefully it will happen again for you soon!
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2013 at 9:12pm
Yay me too I'm 32 and we decided to stop the pill at the start of the year and start trying, I had been on the pill for about 15 years so it seems to be taking a while to get my body back to regular,at the moment my cycle seems so long I've decided ( just today) I'm gonna get onto the charting everything and hopefully that will help Although I'm worried about becoming slightly obsessed lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 9:51am

Oh cool two more inbetweeners, we are not alone

Thanks avid that's really nice I'm so hoping your dip on your chart is an implantation dip!!!!

I'm very obsessed with charting monkey, I think it's either too stressful for some people and the others just go crazy on it haha. I just love seeing what my body is doing allll the time. Also it gives you a more definite idea of when you can relax/clear your head, rather than BD'ing like bunnies every second day

How many cycles have you had since coming off the pill monkey?

How are your guys partners/DH's on the baby front? Mine thinks I'm going crazy haha!
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:38pm
haha, mine also thinks im going crazy. He does patiently listen when I tell him all about my chart and what it could all "potentially" mean, but then will just say you will know when you know! frustrating but he is soooo right! I was very cool calm and collected up until today. Seeing that dip is making me obsess about everything - Ive been getting cramps today but absoloutely no sign of AF - and I dont usually cramp till the day after she arrives. Ive been going to the loo ever hour since getting to work - but I have had 2 cups of coffee this morning! Cervix is high and medium - definately not hard.

Ive got to the point where instead of being on the fence about it (which I was yesterday), ive kinda come down on the side of I think I might actually be, and am now scared of going to the loo encase cramps turn into AF, and I almost don't want to temp tomorrow encase it drops completely.

sorry, ranting everywhere today but because we haven't told anyone we are trying, I don't have anyone to talk to here (I talk through problems) and because I have NEVER gone through this with a friend - none of my close friends have had a planned pregnancy.
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:41pm
Monkey, when I first went off the pill (1.5 years ago) my first 2 periods were normal, then I had 6 really really long ones (44 days average) and for the last 6 months they have (were) average of 32 days. I was on it for 11 years! so just hang in there. I never charted because we werent trying - I went off the pill because I found lumps in my breast and worried it was the hormones causing them - since found they were nothing but dense tissue - and never bothered going back on them. I just used a Period Tracker app to keep an eye on things because I missed knowing exactly when I was going to get my period!!! One good thing about being on the pill, AF worked like clockwork!
Lovebeingamummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebeingamummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 7:34pm
Hi all, I am 35 so not sure if 'fit' the in betweeners category but thought it looked like a great thread!!! I have one child already (he's 2) and we have just started TTC for our second child. Have no idea how long it will take........went off the pill in March but wanted to have one 'natural' cycle before really starting. So I've had one AF and currently CD 7 so let the fun begin, he he!!! :)
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 7:35pm
Hi ya guys well I've had 3 cycles since I stopped the pill but I don't think you can really count the first one since it was more a 'chemical' one if that's what you can call it and yeah lasting about 44 days too and I'm not sure if I'm even ovulating although hold the phone, I just checked my test and I've 2 lines!!!!!
My DH (well not yet but may as well be) is quite into it all loving the BDing of course but last night I was saying I had brought a thermometer and he was like oh what for so I told him and he was quite interested. He has a 13 year old from a previous relationship along time ago when he was a teenager himself so its nice this time to be actually planning it with no surprises.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebeingamummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 7:42pm
I am using those ovulation sticks as they are so helpful for working out ovulation. Last time I got pregnant the first month I used them! They take the guess work out of it! Yes, I was on the pill and my first cycle lasted a looong time, well over the 30 days! The first time I fell pregnant (with my son) I ovulated on day 26!!!! So, its possible to conceive even of the body's cycles aren't quite back to normal yet!!!!!
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 7:56pm
Well I thought I was back to normal, but this cycle I appear to have ovulated late! I did have a LOT of stress in January/February, so I think its just the stress affecting my body - but delayed.

Im just hoping!

Monkey, is that 2 lines on an OPK?? have fun!
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 8:03pm
Yeppp sure is blimmin DH at work at the moment so I've just text him and said hurry home lol
Can't wait to get my thermometer to start charting thou I think I will be like Nell and get obsessed
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:27am
Oh that is obsessed! tee hehe! Hope you had a good night last night
temp down this morning but im hoping its just a small dip, not the beginning of the end!!! Though there is an element of it would be good to just get this cycle out of the way and move on to the next! DH is keen for that hehe!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:15pm
Haha it's OK to rant avid, this certainly is the place for it! I'm quite lucky, I've got two girlfriends who know I'm trying - and one is also trying as well. Stress really puts my chart out too avid, hopefully you're stress free now though? (apart from charting anxiety!)

Hi Lovebeingamummy, of course you fit in here Are you aiming for a girl this time, or you're not fussed? Wow you got preggers first time using OPK's! That's amazing! You guys must have lots strong healthy genes

That's nice your DH is interested in you charting Monkey, gives you someone else physical in your life to talk to with a little understanding! My DH knows the basics, but he mainly just trusts I know what I'm doing and he's not really interested! YAY for the pos OPK! They excite me waaaaay too much haha GL <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 5:59pm

Just wondered if any of you ladies have thought about doing a at home Female Fertility Test? Not really necessary until 35+, but it'd be really interesting to do one and see anyway if you're under 35. As they are cheap as ($12) and it's only a POAS

Think I'm going to get one.. just because I'm OCD and like to know EVERYTHING I possibly can about my body!
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:54pm
Hmmm I've thought about it too
You can get them quite cheap aye but my only thing is what if its negative I think I'd freak out lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:11pm

Yeah, I'd totally freak out too.... but, then I'd be glad I caught it while I could hopefully still do something about it.

Would be absolutely gutting for ladies who find out too late.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebeingamummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:58am
Oh, we didn't get pregnant the first cycle (althuogh I have friend who has done that twice!), just the first time I used the ovulation sticks thingies! I went off the pill and had two cycles then got pregnant the third cycle (I was 32 when I fell pregnant). Now I'm 35 and trying for the second bub. Would be awesome to have a girl but I have loved having my boy so either way we are happy! Last cycle was reaaaaaalllly long (ovulated day 29!) so not sure how this one will play out (went off pill recently so cycles all mucked up). I'm on CD 10 today so we'll see (I doubt CD 14 will be it this month though - after all, it's just a guideline for ovulation isn't it - hence why I like to use those ovulation sticks - gives more surety about ovulation!).
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 10:33am
Hey Love, I havent used the sticks, Im thinking about doing that this month, or getting one of those microscopes. Has anyone used them? are they any good? I think Ill just try the sticks this month and if no luck, Ill try the microscope - cost thing at the end of the day!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebeingamummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:50pm
The sticks are awesome - really cheap too. I got them off trademe. From memory it was about $20 (inc postage) for about 40-50 sticks and they are really easy to use. I find them awesome because when your cycle is out of whack you know exactly when (or close to it) you are ovulating so no time wasted. I read that we only have a window of 24-48 hours to get that sperm to that egg so if we miss a window if can be quite a while until the next chance (esp if the cycle is really long as it is for me right now!). I don;t involve my husband with al the details either!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 8:29pm

I Loooooove OPK tests! They are amazing! Take out all the guess work, I also find them less stressful

I'm a bit crazy with my charting though. I have to know everything
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>