FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 593>
Author
Delphie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delphie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2014 at 8:56am
It's really tough handling the family and friends thing. All our close family and friends know what we're going through. I realised early on it's fairly out-of-character for me not to have a glass of wine at social gatherings lol. They would have noticed and got all excited and thought I was pregnant and started dropping hints, so I found it easier just to let them know. We're also the last couple in our close group of friends not to have children which makes it tough sometimes, especially since they've started having their second. Since they know they're pretty tactful about how they tell us though

I um'd and ah'd about going to my husband's work Christmas party this weekend (he's a Dr). The first question they ask is "what do you do?" and when I answer, all they hear is "nothing in the medical industry" I can see the panic in their eyes as they have no idea about (or interest in) non-medical work. So they move onto their second gambit, "so do you have any kids" and I'm just like NO lol.

So far it's good being open with close family and friends but it does make any set-backs more difficult since they get their hopes up for us and we have to tell them all
Sponsored Links

Delphie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delphie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 10:18am
urgh, not feeling so good today with "mild" OHSS symptoms. The bloating is pretty painful, slight fever, the runs (sorry TMI!). The irony of looking like I'm a few months pregnant

I had an awful dream yesterday morning that I was drugged and raped by several people. Think the egg collection and the recent Bill Cosby stories gave my subconscious imagination some unpleasant fuel. On the surface I've been coping ok emotion-wise but clearly subconsciously there's a bit more going on
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 11:02am
Oh Delphie the runs! I managed to give myself a dose after the last ec as took voltaren on empty stomach. The pain was horrid!!
Get better soon hun.

Ugh AFM super tired fighting off that cold again. But scan tomorrow so hopefully all is brewing well.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 1:49pm
Delphie have you had an update on your embryos yet, and how they are developing?
We met with Dr Fisher last night who recommended to try another cycle of ivf and this time use the time lapse technology. If we hopefully get 4 good quality embryos like the last cycle he said he would try 2 of them in me ( separately) and if they don't stick he suggested that a surrogate may be the way forward.,.im a bit devastated, as I would love to be able to carry my own baby. So we will try again in January- I hope 2015 is my year.
Hope everyone is good xx
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 7:35pm
Oh the time lapse is meant to be really good charlie :-) I hope 2015 is your year too! Best wishes
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 7:45pm
Exciting that you're getting to try something new Charlie. Hope it goes well.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 9:58am
Hi BC how did your scan go?

Feeling really deflated today my AMH level has dropped to 0.7 I spoke with DF about an egg donor but he's not keen so we both agreed that we will start looking into adoption. I'm hoping our ages won't be against us being chosen, I'm 38 and he's 42.

Edited by Tulip2 - 28 November 2014 at 9:59am
DD born 2001
TTC #2 since Jan 2012
1st IUI = chem
2nd IUI = 8 wk MC Mar 14
3rd IUI = BFN
Private IVF Oct 14 no response to meds.
Mar 2015 4th IUI = BFN
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 10:10am
Oh gutted tulip I'm sorry about your stink result. I'll be following your adoption process closely. I think regardless I might go down that path.

Scan went well. Long way to go for 5mins lol. Will hear what's next later today.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 10:30am
Tulip, DH and I are in the adoption pool. Happy to answer any questions you might have xo

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 10:40am
Hugs tulip...whatever baby you end up being mama to is so lucky to have you xxx I know its not carrying your own child though and you want that so badly xxx hugs! Ill be following your journey too,so please stick around! :) and gl to charlie and delphie, hopefully we have some of us starting the new year on a high note :) got past my angels due date on wednesday and actualy feel lots better. But now about to ov and home from work with a tummy bug!so I HAVE to get better!!
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 1:40pm
Meh lining not thick enough so another scan Monday and bloods then transfer a week later. So tired abs feel blah that I don't really care now lol. Probably works out better.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 2:40pm
Hi BC shame you have to have another scan, it's a long process I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Soda, hope you're okay the angel due date's tough, hope your stomach bug goes away.

Hi Kazper how long does it take before your adoption portfolio is in the pool?
DD born 2001
TTC #2 since Jan 2012
1st IUI = chem
2nd IUI = 8 wk MC Mar 14
3rd IUI = BFN
Mar 2015 4th IUI = BFN
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 2:40pm
Sorry to hear tulip :-( I hope you find success in the adoption route. . My cousin here adopted a lovely little girl 3 years ago and all is super well with them all. She was about 39 too :-)

Stink about the lining bc. Hopefully it's up to spec next week! Now you just need to work on making a nice cozy home for the wee embie! Lots of relaxation and pampering I think!

Soda, been thinking about you lots lately. Glad to hear you made it through the day ok. Onwards and upwards now, huh? Xx
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 4:02pm
Thanks a.girl. am thinking fert plus arent going to get to me until next year..and now im sick with no fertile signs anymore and no pos pok yet, so thinking I missed ov, or being sick has knocked my hormones around..so either wayhave prob missed ov. But im ok, think ill juat relax until I hear from fert plus and have a nice christmas. All this hard work and effort really is getting me nowhere now..so im gonna lose some weight, just about 5-6 kg, for no reason other than I wanna feel good about myself over summer. .and for no other reason.. at the end of the day if its meant to be it will be, no matter what I do! And since this cycle is prob out im out for the year really. But all good, well just wait and see what happens! :)
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 4:54pm
Tulip there is no time frame on portfolio.  You do it after the two day courses and passing the vet course and meeting with Adoptin agent.  The adoption agent works with cyfs so you go through them for the courses.  Its really not anywhere near as daunting as it seems.  They are not full days and the meeting is pretty informal and relaxed in your own home.  Smile  It took us 9 months from start to finish, but we had issues with the course dates as our agent had to come from out of town and we had a number of storms that closed the roads putting us back and also we decided to put off portfolio until after Christmas last year so we could add some photos from our holidays.  You could probably have it done and dusted within 3-6 months if you wanted Smile

Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 7:26pm
Thanks ladies nice to read that someone aged 39 was chosen as adoptive parents.

Thanks Kazper I phoned today and left a message, good to know the process isn't too long.

Hope everyone has a happy weekend.
DD born 2001
TTC #2 since Jan 2012
1st IUI = chem
2nd IUI = 8 wk MC Mar 14
3rd IUI = BFN
Mar 2015 4th IUI = BFN
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 7:32am
Looks like this month is not my month.....yet again.  Feeling deflated.  We have close family trying for their second and their first is only 18 months.  I feel like a failure to be still trying when my DD turns 5 in two weeks Cry

Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 9:20am
Sorry that this month isn't your month Kazper, you're definitely not a failure. It'll be your turn soon.
DD born 2001
TTC #2 since Jan 2012
1st IUI = chem
2nd IUI = 8 wk MC Mar 14
3rd IUI = BFN
Mar 2015 4th IUI = BFN
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 10:14am
Kazper you are not a failure hun!!!! I'm so sorry this wasn't your time. It fully sucks butt :(

Yep stink about the scan but that's how it works. It actually works in better with my work anyway to have transfer later so it's not really an issue.
Feel lots better than yesterday thanks to a good sleep. Thank gosh!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 10:19am
Thanks ladies x

babycrazy glad you are feeling much more positive today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 593>